+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

How refreshingly different from other fashion shows. I really like this. I love the fast pace and the music and the comments from both mentors and buyers. Notice - NO JUDGES! I also like that they split the decision about who will go home from the bottom three...the mentors save one of them and the buyers say goodbye to one of the two remaining. NBC is finally stepping up to the plate with their non-reality and now a reality show. Did you see that Magical Elves is listed on the crawl? The original production company of Project Runway has come through with another hit, in my opinion, of course.
    Shoepie, justCoz, JavaJo and 2 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If I had an extra $350 lying around, I'd buy that zippered, twofer skirt. Seriously...the under part of it is perfect for the office (could be a tad longer) and the flouncy outer part is perfect for dinner or a party or clubbing. Leave work, zip on your skirt and wa-la...ready for a night out. I loved the dress by the red headed designer...with one side of it webbed. Very cute. And although Oscar is annoying, his black sparkly dress was very pretty. I liked the huge, flouncy one he pulled out when he was in his closet. Clone it in white and it would be a stunning wedding gown. I can't wait to see what he does next week. I also liked the men's blazer. And the hunks modeling the leather jacket. OMG. *drool* Necktie girl was weird but she was very gracious towards the other contestants. For that alone, I like her.

The rude guy...ugh. Has he not figured out that women DO know a lot about men's fashion? Uhm..hello? A lot of women do the shopping for the men in their lives. I'd say about 80% of my husbands wardrobe was purchased by me. When I met him, his clothes consisted of two colors. Red and black. And mostly t-shirts. Now he dresses according to body type and colors that match his skin tone. So that fool needs to step back and realize that women have way more input than he gives us credit for. I'm with Jessica...I wanted to slap him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I liked the black guy with the knitted cap on. Is he the one that did the blazers, he's one to watch . I loved him, in more ways than one
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I liked the black guy with the knitted cap on. Is he the one that did the blazers, he's one to watch . I loved him, in more ways than one
    Yes, Fanny, he is the one who designed the blazers. And he is a pretty nice looking guy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Good to know, thanks .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We liked the show at my house. I liked the music. I liked everything about it except skimming over those 4 contestents. I could do with less back story on the others to show all the designs.

I like that it's real world challenges because they have to sell it to real buyers who know what should sell. I like that they have a team of sewers to work with to get it all ready.

I think it's pure genius to have the items for sale when the show is over. That dress from H&M was already sold out when I looked it up last night.

I really loved the beachy dress that Macy's bought. It's out of my price range. I don't necessarily think it's an outrageous price just that I can't afford it.

That Aussie guy was ridiculous. That attitude is going to make it hard for him to sell anything. One can't treat potential buyers that way and expect no repercussions.
    Babbred likes this.

Wow. That motorcycle was unreal. He took the comment from the guy because he was a guy? And I think Oscar will get old fast. The sparkly dress was pretty, but I have seen it before. it would sell, though. I will watch it again. Loved seeing what they buy. I like that part the most.

I really enjoyed it.
    So glad the Aussie guy got eliminated. The LA Times did a whole story on the show in the Sunday paper and they profiled this guy, of course.
    Elle looks fantastic and I really enjoyed Jessica and even Nicole. Loved the fact that buyers were actually involved.
    And, I loved that blue dress that sold out in a NY minute.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Where are you finding the info on what sold and where would you buy it anyway? That part eludes me. I would think they would give sites at the end of the show.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I was so pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the show. It seemed so much more upscale than the other 'design or model contests-type' shows, and I was really impressed that the "judging" was in the form of REAL STORES/BUYERS actually BUYING (or not buying) the products. BRILLIANT idea! I was also pleasantly surprised by the mentors -- enjoyed them all, and Elle as host too!

But I was surprised in a negative way by the actual clothes that the designers chose to show on the runway --- they were unbelievably disappointing. I didn't see one outfit that made me say WOW! There were a few interesting ones --- but for the most part, I was so sorry to see how uninspired most of them were. If you're showcasing your work, why would you not show your most fabulous designs????? And why would the show have you show 3 variations of the SAME design. That makes no sense to me. I hope that concept changes.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 03-15-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread