+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I really liked Kara's Saks tan dress, but that was pretty much it of hers. It was really the first thing IMHO that wasn't a rehash of stuff she did this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I was rooting for Ronnie, to be perfectly honest. There was something about Kara's stuff I did not like. She was third in my mind. But I am just now watching the finale, so who knows if I will change my mind/
    I loved the white pantsuit Ronnie did.I forget who it was for now. but it was fabulous .Nichole remarked on it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kara did the best for saks, I believe, But her other two collections I hated. Ronnie's best was H/M. Didn't like his rose prints, but overall thought he did the best for all three, thought Kara killed it for Saks. As for N, well it was mostly men's and like apples and oranges. Looked like to me Saks controlled the winner and the rest went along with it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

As much as I really liked the Fashion Star concept, and the way the show was formatted and put together, the one thing that UNDERwhelmed me was the fashion itself. Most of it, for me, was just meh --- with an occasional pretty piece or interesting piece. I thought the clothes themselves did not come even close to what some of the other design shows have put out. I hope next season's designers will be better --- but either way, I'll still watch because the show itself and the host, mentors and buyers were really enjoyable --- and I loved the fact that the PTB did not focus on the contestant's nasty comments about each other.
    Shoepie and Allie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    As much as I really liked the Fashion Star concept, and the way the show was formatted and put together, the one thing that UNDERwhelmed me was the fashion itself. Most of it, for me, was just meh --- with an occasional pretty piece or interesting piece. I thought the clothes themselves did not come even close to what some of the other design shows have put out. I hope next season's designers will be better --- but either way, I'll still watch because the show itself and the host, mentors and buyers were really enjoyable --- and I loved the fact that the PTB did not focus on the contestant's nasty comments about each other.
    That's how I feel. I also liked the earlier pieces they designed
    Allie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I highly doubt there will be a 2nd season. I watched the first 2 episodes with my girls (we love PRunway) and we were totally confused. It felt like we'd missed out on a show explaining how the whole thing worked. I didn't feel like I got a good idea of who these people are as designers, I hated the 3 'mentors' or whatever the heck Jessica, not-Paris, and that guy were, and I didn't care for the designs very much either. We pvr'd the show, and then just fast forwarded through the finale to see who won. I pegged the ex-teacher who cried at the drop of a hat as the winner in episode 2. I was right!
    Allie likes this.

I thought I had read where the cast had already signed on for Season 2?

I hope so! I loved this show. And I'm happy that Kara won. For the most part I liked her stuff, and I think that it's cool how she was almost eliminated but came back to win.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I thought I had read where the cast had already signed on for Season 2?
    Really? Wow, I confess I'm a little surprised. I had high hopes for the show but it was definitely no Project Runway.

Maybe on season 2 they will slow it down and have one show be the creative process (which I find fascinating) and the next show the runway/elimination part. That might work!
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Really? Wow, I confess I'm a little surprised. I had high hopes for the show but it was definitely no Project Runway.

Maybe on season 2 they will slow it down and have one show be the creative process (which I find fascinating) and the next show the runway/elimination part. That might work!
    It has a second season - it was listed in the fall line up for NBC.

But note - NBC is very well known for a record of canceling shows before or after a single season, so something with at least mediochre success will end up staying on another season.

+ Reply to Thread