+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I was rooting for Ronnie, to be perfectly honest. There was something about Kara's stuff I did not like. She was third in my mind. But I am just now watching the finale, so who knows if I will change my mind/
    sunshine3331 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I loved Kara's clothes!
    Moontat, JavaJo and Babbred like this.

I hated Kara's clothes, especially the pants with the crotch that dropped down to the knees. Who in the world would wear that crap?
    justCoz and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Nzimiro designs always caught my eye I think there was only one week where I didn't care for something he did.

Remember those awful ties and cuffs she did?

She did grow on this show, I just didn't care for her clothes.
    Yeah, I do. But given that the Saks guy pretty much only loved Kara and not the other two, it was almost a given as all three had to agree.

And I do agree - the really low crotch pant was horrid. NO ONE is going to wear that (at least woman.)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Yeah, I do. But given that the Saks guy pretty much only loved Kara and not the other two, it was almost a given as all three had to agree.

And I do agree - the really low crotch pant was horrid. NO ONE is going to wear that (at least woman.)
    Yes, it was as if the other two just tagged along with his thoughts.

I hated Kara's clothes, especially the pants with the crotch that dropped down to the knees. Who in the world would wear that crap?
    I have no idea, I thought they were really really bad sunshine3331

I love the pace of this show, I love the music. It started off as must see for me, it dwindled down to- oh yes ths is on. I thought Elle did a pretty good job- she grew on me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

While her opening salvo with the ties was weird, she showed that she is a forward thinking designer, not a follower of current trend. That is why Saks bought her as a designer and why she had to try so hard to take her sense of design down to street level for Macy's and H&M. She did just that in her final showcases. Congratulations, Kara!
    dzigner, Moontat, JavaJo and 2 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I loved Kara's work. Next to Nicole, her designs were my favorite. IMO, she deserved the win, and I look forward to seeing what she does next.

I didn't understand the Ronnie love. Pretty stuff, I suppose, but boring. I am a bad judge of menswear. I find it odd that men are fashionable like that (my husband throws on a t-shirt and he's good to go..those are the men I'm typically familiar with; my son, however, does like to be fashionable), but I liked what Nzimiro did.
    Babbred likes this.

I love Kara's designs, but somehow Saks got the best stuff and H&M (my $$ range I prefer) got the basic tees and other nonsense. Once again, I'm freaking disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I love Kara's designs, but somehow Saks got the best stuff and H&M (my $$ range I prefer) got the basic tees and other nonsense. Once again, I'm freaking disappointed!
    Me too - not surprised though. As mentioned the Saks guy pretty much thought Kara's stuff couldn't be faulted. (There is a better phrase but not for this board). Doesn't surprise me the best stuff would be in HIS store.

To be fair - H&M does have a market for being a lower priced fashion store but still cool designs; Saks high-end stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Me too - not surprised though. As mentioned the Saks guy pretty much thought Kara's stuff couldn't be faulted. (There is a better phrase but not for this board). Doesn't surprise me the best stuff would be in HIS store.

To be fair - H&M does have a market for being a lower priced fashion store but still cool designs; Saks high-end stuff.
    The irony here is that normally I LOVE H&M in general--I just felt like they went so basic on the designs they got.

My closet needs Kara's coat, weird dresses and other odd styles--and H & M got a tee shirt and some other basic dresses!

+ Reply to Thread