+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I'm mad, dammit! I wanted the brown patchwork version of Kara's dress and H&M is only selling the red one. It's cute but it's not the one I wanted. Grrrr..

Just checked Saks and Orly's first convertable skirt had sold out but they now have it in stock. I wonder why H&M isn't restocking since it's obviously possible. I would think they would since most of the stuff they purchase sells out quickly.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 05-09-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

The order I want? R, N, and K.

I agree with who was put through to the final, and I have to say that I loved Nicole's fashion show. If I could wear those clothes, those are the ones I would save up my dimes to buy.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't understand why so many of the designers created ladies' outfits which prohibit the wearing a traditional bra. Hate to tell them, but not everyone is the size and shape of the models they send down the runway.
    Jezebella likes this.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Bit predictable on the winner, but all three final runway looks for each buyer were very, very good.

The winner was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kara - and it was just painfully obvious on Ronnie's face that he knew it wouldn't be him. Nizimiro I think will have a future though in fashion design, even if just for say H&M, Macy's or another designer. Kara however was the only one of the three who sold to all three designers, so I would predict the final order was based on that - Kara, Nizimiro and Ronnie. Nizimiro beat Ronnie though based on the final runway - both I think sold to two buyers.

I said it would be her all along
    sunshine3331 and short_lived like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Maybe - but IMHO going by the final runway, it was really anyone's game. Still, all three were winners, and all three had pieces that people would buy in the stores.

Now, had it been Oscar there in the final three and won, I'd agree on the reflex.

Of note, Ross was the only one mentioned as far as eliminated contestants and he had a sour "I should be in the final three" face.

I disagree. I said Mr S loved everything she did. I never did. I think her designs got worse jmho of course
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Tonight with Kara, the only outfit I hated was a sheer top underneath a coat with that untied tie draped over it. Her blocked patterns were quite pretty.

And I'm not surprised with Saks' assessment anyway - save probably Orly's 2-fers and a couple of dresses other designers made, he chose odd outfits anyway. That surprised me - because H&M tends to be the store that has the slightly off the wall items for sale.

Personally my favorite outfit was that notched jacket made by another designer that sold out of H&M almost immediately. Nizimiro's outfits I liked too, such as his first jacket; however he has trouble tailoring for women. That said, if he added some mild darts in that slanted blocked shirt he had for one of the lines tonight, it'd fit a woman's body well because the angles would cinch in a waste.

Nzimiro designs always caught my eye I think there was only one week where I didn't care for something he did.

Remember those awful ties and cuffs she did?

She did grow on this show, I just didn't care for her clothes.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread