+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I can not stand Nicki - she is a stuck up beyotch and a half. I hope she gets kicked off next week!
    JavaJo and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I can not stand Nicki - she is a stuck up beyotch and a half. I hope she gets kicked off next week!
    Goodness do we agree
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't mind out of comfort zone; however, I don't think that they should say force someone to use prints and colors when they love solid color blocking.
    I agree - don't mind the out of the box/comfort zone (esp. the long maxi dresses making short dresses - who all wears Maxi all the time??)!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Although I didn't like Ross's attitude, I liked Nicki's even less. Hello? You're working with professional fashion photographers, and you're going to stand around and tell them how to do their job? And then tell the whole world you basically thought they stunk? I just couldn't believe it. And that nasty line she tossed out to that seamstress was just unbelievable, too. I am SO hoping she goes next week.

Speaking of Ross, I actually felt kind of sorry for him. I loved his jackets. And that buyer's comment nearly made me hit the roof. "It was too classic and old-fashioned." Excuse me? Honey, there's a vintage store in my city that sells stuff from the 30's-60's. Every time I go there I see women, young and old, ohhing and ahhing over the lovely and elegant things there. I would far rather wear an outfit from that store than most of the "fashionable" crud I see on the red carpet. On a related note, I have a book about Jacqueline Kennedy. Right there in the front is a picture of her at a hunt wearing the classic tailored jacket. She looks more elegant in that picture than a lot of trashy stars do today. And that photo's not even in color!

Loved Kara's shirt dresses, although I didn't like the way she styled the first one with no pants. I would feel undressed if I had to walk around that way. Loved Luciana's dresses, but I thought that Ronny's dresses and Nzmiro's cardigans were both too bland. I wouldn't have bought either of them.
    jucamer likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I couldn't stand Ross's personality or attitude but he is truly talented! I thought his jacket was beautiful! I agree with you, babbred! Classic style is GORGEOUS! I guess the buyers wanted more edgy and modern as opposed to vintage feel. I have loved most all the outfit's Ross did, except the granny panties and the flowy dress.

Nicki is a one trick pony- all her stuff looks the same; she is not versatile. I'm tired of her. Her attitude only makes her that much more awful. I wish she had gone this week. She's awful and blames others for her own awfulness....please leave.
    Orly is not my favorite designer. I'm around her age and I like her designs but not enough to buy them. Having said that, I think that she has used this opportunity to learn and grow as a designer; at least she is trying, but I don't think she will win.
    Imperfect1 and JavaJo like this.

I don't like the fact that Ross refused to take the mentors advice. I understand that he has a vision, but it's a show and he needed to play the game. Once it was over, he could go back to designing his way. You want to win, you play the game by the rules. He was just too cocky for me, but I did really love his polka dot dresses.

I agree about Nicki. She's awful. Mean, uninspired and she seems put out that they are asking her to do these challenges. Frankly, I don't like her swimwear either.

I loved Luciannas (is that her name?) print ad. It was edgy and I thought it looked like something torn out of a recent fashion magazine.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Ross and Nicki are similar. Both are sort of one-note designers with bad attitudes.

The difference for me is that within their single notes, much of what Ross does seems bland and dated, but I have yet to dislike anything of Nicki's. Her designs are my favorite of all the designers.

Sidenote: I do not understand how a designer doesn't know how to sew. Do-able, I suppose, but it just seems wrong somehow.

that wicked witch Nicki is gone! The only one I was sorry to see go is Orly - Good Luck girl - you had some good stuff!
    Allie likes this.

Orly's jacket sold out in like negative 2 seconds--finally H & M gets something I really want and I can't even buy it !
    Im so sad!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Orly's jacket sold out in like negative 2 seconds--finally H & M gets something I really want and I can't even buy it !
    Im so sad!
    Yeah... that is definitely impressive - she got a very good bid for that jacket. The plus is that there is a chance H&M could work with NBC and negotiate a way to where they can purchase more orders of the jacket if it sold out that quickly. I think that's what happens in the real world - but of course watch NBC have some condition here.

Still getting two very high bids before being eliminated though had to be a huge boost of confidence for Orly - I agreed too with whom purchased both outfits.

I wasn't surprised with the way the final three turned out - was disappointed though Orly did such a great job and she was eliminated though. Wasn't surprised about Nicki being out at all, and the other young lady the first to sell to all three buyers was a bit of a surprise.

BTW - did they even bother showing Dzimiro and Kara's outfits? I'm guessing they didn't get sells because of the teaser on what you could purchase; however, I am curious to see if they even did show something on TV or if they wanted to show the ones who were going to be up for being eliminated in the halving of the contestants knowing K and D were going to be there because of their sales.

+ Reply to Thread