+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

Everytime I see the male buyer for Saks I think of President Snow from the Hunger Games.....and my husband makes me laugh by saying something about how he picks off contestants in a fashion hunger games type arena!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Fanny Mare,

That is great to know, that the stores may differ from the website. H&M is a bit out of my way (Macy's is close), but at least I know if I really like something, I had better check the store.

Was the print as nice in person?
    Hi there, sorry I missed this post.I meant that H&M had prints in already. However, I am going to take a peek Saturday, I will let you know if this one is there
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I know I am in the minority but I loved the red bikini that didn't sell, I think it was Sarah's, maybe? I was hoping H & M would buy it, I would definitely have purchased it. I thought the bottoms of Ross' lingerie looked like granny panties, not a fan. I wasn't totally crazy about anything tonight other than the red bikini. One of the weaker nights, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    I know I am in the minority but I loved the red bikini that didn't sell, I think it was Sarah's, maybe? I was hoping H & M would buy it, I would definitely have purchased it. I thought the bottoms of Ross' lingerie looked like granny panties, not a fan. I wasn't totally crazy about anything tonight other than the red bikini. One of the weaker nights, in my opinion.
    Ross IMHO also did have a miss on the lingerie; however that style is actually selling pretty well in some markets. One can thank "Pan Am" for the "Granny Panties" in that style for being a bit popular. They weren't absolutely horrid, but I was surprised they got a sale over the swimsuits with the cutouts.

But, even if they were completely horrid, him not get a sale in be in the bottom two with Orly, I would have him safe and still in it over Orly who did NOT follow the spirit of the challenge. (and before anyone thinks I'm harping on Orly too much - I'd be saying this for any of the designers, even my faves such as Kara and Dzimiro.)
    Allie likes this.

I liked the swimsuit, too. I thought the cutout portion on the bottom was sexy without being sleezy. They could have been tailored more for a better fit, but the idea was really cute. It's something I would wear.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought the copy tease was underwhelming. Ross did research on the net to see what the trends were and then did design. Wasn't one of the mentors even there? And didn't a mentor tell another contestant to do research on a style to know what was on point?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I LOVED Orly's jacket and would've bought one, had it been bought by one of the buyers. Totally adorable! I know she didn't follow the spirit of the challenge, but I still loved the jacket. I think she's a better designer than many of the other contestants, and I'm glad she's still on the show.

I got my Nzimiro dress in the mail today from H&M...it's very cute, but I wish there was some tag on it with the designer's name. The tag just says Fashion Star....these designers should get some credit.
    jucamer likes this.

Saks guy bid 100,000 alone for Kara's design. No one else bid, so he bid against himself! I don't like that the judges were encouraging him to bid. That's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    Saks guy bid 100,000 alone for Kara's design. No one else bid, so he bid against himself! I don't like that the judges were encouraging him to bid. That's not right.
    I know, right? WTH. They have never done that before I didn't like those pants either. Ross should take more advice, John was right .
    I loved Ronnie's evening dress, it was not glittery or too showy - perfect.

Nikki bothers me.

I cant get over how different Nicole looks( in a good way)

I wish other shows moved this fast, wow!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread