+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I would have sent Orly home. She so didn't follow the challenge.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Fanny Mare,

H&M only showed a black (which I don't think was on the show) and a purple. They may have had a print in the store, but not on the website. I have also noticed on other shows that certain colors and prints aren't always what they end up selling.

I usually go to each website(even Sacks..haha) after the Eastcoast show, just in case I like something...by the time it airs on the Westcoast, things are pretty much sold out.
    Hi again, on the website there are only two colours .On the show there are three.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

LOVED those jackets from Luciana... sold out online at Macy's (of course)... I'm hoping to find one at my local Macy's.
    Fingers crossed!
    I thought those one piece swimsuits were HOT... amazing for a one piece. (I won't be buying it though).

I continue to love the concept of this show... great for the designers AND the retail stores.
    Honestly, how many other retail stores have clothing items that sell out in less than a day??

I was disappointed they didn't have the print dress that Nzimiro had on the show on the H&M site, since I am definitely a print person...but, I definitely have enough accessories to give a solid color some pop...LOL!

Since I have seen this happen with a few of the clothes, different choices than what is seen on show, I'm wondering if some of the fabric they use on the show, isn't available to make a bulk load of items for the website and stores.

JMB,

I also thought the one piece swimsuit was hot...I love the zipper detail.
    Allie likes this.

I was disappointed they didn't have the print dress that Nzimiro had on the show on the H&M site, since I am definitely a print person...but, I definitely have enough accessories to give a solid color some pop...LOL!

Since I have seen this happen with a few of the clothes, different choices than what is seen on show, I'm wondering if some of the fabric they use on the show, isn't available to make a bulk load of items for the website and stores.

I also thought the one piece swimsuit was hot...I love the zipper detail.

I wonder if the dress is in the store? I am going to check
    I liked the one piece in black, it did have a Borat feel about it. Jessica was right

LOVED those jackets from Luciana
    Very nice and the attention to detail - great!
    -Andy Rooney-

That, or maybe the buyers think that certain colors/prints will appeal to more customers, so they drop others? I've been wondering that, too.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Regarding Nzimiro's print dress... I'm very surprised too that they don't have it at H&M. It was my favorite of the 3.

It would be nice if they would tell us why the actual item that is sold sometimes varies from the version shown on the show - is it a fabric supply issue? or a choice the buyer made?

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Regarding Nzimiro's print dress... I'm very surprised too that they don't have it at H&M. It was my favorite of the 3.

It would be nice if they would tell us why the actual item that is sold sometimes varies from the version shown on the show - is it a fabric supply issue? or a choice the buyer made?
    H&M has a ton of print, I think this would fit right in with the summer clothes they have in now.
    -Andy Rooney-

Fanny Mare,

That is great to know, that the stores may differ from the website. H&M is a bit out of my way (Macy's is close), but at least I know if I really like something, I had better check the store.

Was the print as nice in person?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I hate that Saks keeps buying up all of Kara Laricks's designs...I want her clothes but I would much rather pay the H & M price (circa 20 bucks) instead of the 300 dollar price tag that Saks likes to throw around :/
    I find myself wishing that HM would buy all the designs I like.....b/c it will be significantly less than Macys or Saks.....I always get disappointed when Macy's or Saks buys the ones I really like!

+ Reply to Thread