+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I hate that Saks keeps buying up all of Kara Laricks's designs...I want her clothes but I would much rather pay the H & M price (circa 20 bucks) instead of the 300 dollar price tag that Saks likes to throw around :/
    Shoepie likes this.

My dvr cut off the end. Who went home?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I agreed with those who were sold tonight - though I do agree that Kara needs to have more sales other than Saks. She's the only one with two or more sold there (at least two).

Dizimiro's dresses - I know the mentors didn't like them so much, but they were lovely, they were different and - though I'd like a couple of different colors, were ones that could sell. I WAS surprised at the buyer - H&M, but it was good to see him learn from his past couple of weeks and work harder.

Seriously though - how did Orly think she'd be safe pulling the jackets the way she did? She was NOT out of her comfort zone - it was another 2fer design. I thought "Yeah, this is by far some of your best work Orly but you did NOT follow the request. You weren't going to win a sale this week, and you're lucky you weren't eliminated"

I agreed with Barbara's elimination. Like the buyer who had to give the bad news, I think she was an inspiration, but this wasn't going to be a show she'd win. She did well though long term.

FORT Fogey

At first I loved the fast pace and still do, for the most part, but I would like it to slow down just a touch when the clothes are being shown on the models. Also a little box that shows the designers creation or flash to it more often. It hard to remember at certain points.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My dvr cut off the end. Who went home?
    Barbara went home
    JavaJo likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Nzimiro's dresses on the H&M website were different colors...they just had a black and a deeper tone purple. I will have to wait until I get mine, but it also looks like one side of the dress is sleeveless.

I will have to look at my recording, but I thought on the show, one side had a short sleeve (long sleeve on other side).

It's always good to check the website, because they don't always have the same colors as the show.

I agree with Sacks and Kara...that dress was lovely, but not in a price range I care to frequent. I will pay a Macy's price if I really, really, love something, but H&M makes thing affordable, if I really like something.

I loved this challenge! I wish that Project Runway would do something similar.

The Good

Kara--didn't like that red dress very much. It just looked like too much fabric. The other two dresses were lovely, though. It was great to see that she could stretch herself so much and still do well.

Luciana--loved those jackets. Loved, loved, loved them.

N--at first I thought his layered dresses weren't fancy enough. By the end of the show, though, I was loving them. Those were lovely colors, and the draping was very feminine.

Ross--nice, but not great. I didn't get the love for his lingerie pieces on the part of the mentors.

Ronnie--his swimsuits were very intriguing, but I just didn't like them as much as the clothing listed above.

The Bad

Orly--loved the dresses, but I agree with the Saks judge that it was simply more of the same from her. If only she had made these outfits on another night!

Barbara--I personally loved her dresses. I thought they looked very comfortable and summery, and the print was lovely. I didn't like how she tried to play the guilt card, though. She may have tried to laugh it off, but it was still uncomfortable to watch.

Sarah--yawn on the bikinis.

Nikki--yawn, yawn, yawn on her menswear shorts/trousers. My least favorite of the night. Loved seeing Ross model the pink ones, though. Good to see that he's comfortable wearing pink.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Nzimiro's dresses on the H&M website were different colors...they just had a black and a deeper tone purple. I will have to wait until I get mine, but it also looks like one side of the dress is sleeveless.

Wasn't there a print? that's the one I fell in love with. Strange thing, we went to H&M and my daughter purchased a yellow trench, very similar to the one nobody made offer on.
    -Andy Rooney-

Fanny Mare,

H&M only showed a black (which I don't think was on the show) and a purple. They may have had a print in the store, but not on the website. I have also noticed on other shows that certain colors and prints aren't always what they end up selling.

I usually go to each website(even Sacks..haha) after the Eastcoast show, just in case I like something...by the time it airs on the Westcoast, things are pretty much sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Fanny Mare,

H&M only showed a black (which I don't think was on the show) and a purple. They may have had a print in the store, but not on the website. I have also noticed on other shows that certain colors and prints aren't always what they end up selling.
    Maybe I am thinking of another dress. I was sure there was a print, guess not.Thank you crzndeb
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread