+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I watched On Demand. I think at this point I'm waiting to see the finalists full collections. That they feature only one item like a vest or a shirt is getting a little old.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I didn't like much this week.I still love the pace of the show, and seeing how they work with others. As usual the dress I liked had no offers due to color choice.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Nobody had anything to say about this week?
    Pretty much the buyers are being super nit-picky (some cases I feel a bit unjustified, even with them being buyers), and Orly really created horrid shorts. Not only bad fit but there ARE shorts exactly like that out there (with a good fit and yes even how she made them).

Not lots of risktakers, and a few who are good, such as Dzimiro, aren't taking those risks and as such are paying for them by being up for elimination.

Others take huge risks and execute them so horrible that it's not even funny (Edward).

T-shirt dresses are NOT going to sell because they have no shape.

And a single piece is getting boring. That said, with nine contestants we're probably getting close to them having to do two pieces.

Next week looks like it'll be a better show - kinda spoilery
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there is speculation someone is copying designs already out there, and it's inferred it is a male contestant. Would be sad because there was an "Project Runway" contestant who WAS disqualified for this reason many years ago.
    That could be interesting.

It's disappointing that they still aren't doing the complete fashion show for them all. I can't figure it out. One of the ones that did sell this week got short-changed while 3 that didn't sell had a whole storyline. I find it odd and I don't like that aspect of this show.
    Kip, Shoepie, JavaJo and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I notice that most of these pieces are designed for women who don't need to wear a bra. That is a younger market but there are young women who need the support.

The goal is to sell to all 3 buyers. I would think that someone should make something youthful that can be worn by women well into their 40's. The jackets that the woman with the sides of her head shaved, were an example of this. Those were fabulous! I would have bought the shorter one in a heartbeat. I DVR this show so it was way too late for me to have tried.
    Kip likes this.

I didn't get around to watching the show until Wednesday, so I don't remember too much. I just remember that I hated those shirt dresses because they were too shapeless. They reminded me of maternity dresses.
    jucamer and Photobabe like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I didn't get around to watching the show until Wednesday, so I don't remember too much. I just remember that I hated those shirt dresses because they were too shapeless. They reminded me of maternity dresses.
    I thought they looked like sleep shirts.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I like everything about the show EXCEPT the fashion! I'm so underwhelmed. It's so disappointing week after week to see the hum-drum clothes. There have been a few 'cute' items shown from time to time, but come on designers --- this is the best you can do??????

I think I loved just about everything tonight. I spent a lot of money( in my mind) Loved the lingerie that Ross did! nice to see them step out of there comfort zone. Nzimori dresses I liked.I love this show. Now we are seeing more about each designer

Not sure if I care for Nicki, there's just something about her.

The right one went home
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I ordered the purple dress by Nzimiro, and I haven't even seen the shown yet, since I'm on the Westcoast.

I'm a cruiser, so it will be perfect for my upcoming cruise.

+ Reply to Thread