+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The Bachelor Canada

re: The Bachelor Canada

I always find these people look/act better on camera than in their (usually stiff and fake-looking) promo pictures. Hopefully he'll be laid back and fun. I agree that he isn't likely to be wealthy, so no gold-diggers need apply. I don't imagine the CFL pays a huge amount and being a free agent...well.... BUT if he's a nice guy, has fun, isn't a horndog like Blob or a dud like Ben, then I'll consider the season somewhat successful.

I'm just hoping we get some likeable girls and they aren't all hootchie ladies who are trying too hard. Yes, they will cast some crazies I'm sure but maybe a genuine girl or two as well. One can only hope, right?

I agree about the traveling. I'd like to see them go to interesting places, but usually Canadian versions of these shows are more low-budget so who knows.

Set those DVRs, folks, and let the drama commence!

Bachelor Canada to debut October 3

The Bachelor Canada’s coming out party is set for October.

Citytv announced that the Canadian version of the popular American dating series will have a 90-minute debut Wednesday, October 3 at 9 p.m ET/PT., after which it will move to its regular timeslot of 9:30 ET/PT.

Twenty-five lucky ladies will be battling for the heart of 28-year-old former CFL receiver Brad Smith. The first five contestants were revealed on Breakfast Television Wednesday morning – and they include a Playboy model and a woman nicknamed Bubba.

Your first five bachelorettes are: 25-year-old Sylvan Lake, Alberta pastor Chantelle, 25-year-old Toronto office administrator Clarice, 28-year-old North Vancouver Playboy model Melissa Marie, 27-year-old Toronto real estate agent Rebecca “Bubba” and 26-year-old Moncton university recruitment agent Sophie.

According to a press release, the next five contestants (which, unfortunately, won’t include our own Bachelor hopeful Miranda Furtado) will be unveiled next Wednesday on Breakfast Television, while host Tyler Harcott will give viewers their first peek into the show’s Victoria, BC mansion (and it’s soon-to-be-infamous hot tub) Thursday, Aug. 30, at 9 a.m. ET.

The Bachelor Canada debuts Wednesday, Oct. 3, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Citytv.

The Bachelor Canada | Premieres October 3rd on CityTV

As revealed August 29th on Breakfast Television, the first five of 25 bachelorettes putting their hearts on the line include a voluptuous Playboy model, a God-loving pastor, and an outspoken real estate agent with an off-beat nickname.
    Hmmmmmm, Pastor and Playboy model...at least they aren't pharmaceutical reps, right?
    JohnnyK likes this.

I am taping it to watch tomorrow.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am taping it to watch tomorrow.
    same here.I have to watch the debates, did the link work for you??
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well, crap. I don't get City TV so I missed it. Guess I'll have to wait until it goes online.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I watched it tonight. Pretty much the same as the US version. It is too early for me to tell if I will really like it much but I know I already don't like the one girl, Gabriel! I also thought it wasn't nice to walk on the stones with the gap in between the stones, I could see someone falling and twisting their ankle as they are leaving. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    I watched it tonight. Pretty much the same as the US version. It is too early for me to tell if I will really like it much but I know I already don't like the one girl, Gabriel! I also thought it wasn't nice to walk on the stones with the gap in between the stones, I could see someone falling and twisting their ankle as they are leaving. LOL
    I saw parts of it. I love how he finshed his sentence with, eh? LOL

Some really pretty girls , and some really giggly ones .I have it recorded and will take a look later. I cant make my mind if he is cute or if he looks a bit thick.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I saw parts of it. I love how he finshed his sentence with, eh? LOL

Some really pretty girls , and some really giggly ones .I have it recorded and will take a look later. I cant make my mind if he is cute or if he looks a bit thick.
    I don't find him attractive at all but that is just me. I forgot about that giggly girl....she was another one that drove me around the bend a bit.

My son's girlfriend's FB status says that one of the girls is wearing her (his GF's) graduation dress from (she graduated in 2010) but with cowboy boots. I guess it shows that people are normal and maybe don't have huge budgets to spend on evening wear....but cowboy boots?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread