+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I think that a huge clue was given when Anne asked David's wife about being a vegan and would she eat meat ever again. She had to know that David cooked the pork.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I think that a huge clue was given when Anne asked David's wife about being a vegan and would she eat meat ever again. She had to know that David cooked the pork.
    Kelly prepared seafood...there was no way for David's wife to know which of the two meals he cooked. (I told my husband it was good that David's wife didn't make them go vegan...I'm not sure the four of them could have handled cooking without butter, eggs, milk, or any of the standard proteins.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I don't get why other than she sees that is his favorite choice at home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I think this was the strongest final 4 in three seasons. We got the biggest kick out of the fact that all four family members picked the corresponding plate as the best! While Vinnie's son could have figured out the steak...maybe...there was no way that Kelly's husband knew she prepared the seafood plate.

And for the first time in three seasons, the final two weren't originally on Anne's team.
    I think her choice of lobster was a clue for him. That may be her favorite choice in a restaurant or she has always said she wished she could cook it at home. There had to be something there. All of them send a clue.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

The family members all choosing the "correct" dish might be as simple as they contestants all cooked a dish they knew their family member loved. I'm pretty sure Kelly her husband loved sea food so she was going to do a seafood platter. If I were in a challenge like this, I'd cook a steak for my husband. He'd choose a mediocre steak over a gourmet fish, pork, or chicken dish. And he'd vote against any plate that had green beans on it.

I loved David's reaction to being told they were going to cook for family members: "What? We're going to send it to them?!"

I thought it was kind of odd that, in the school lunch challenge, the blonde nursing student (sorry, I can't remember her name) didn't seem to grasp the concept of salmonella contamination.

I really liked all 4 of the finalists...I thought Kelly accomplished the most with the seafood platter for her meal. Even though Vinnie's steak was perfect, I don't see steak and broccoli rabe being that difficult at this stage of the competition. Melissa's pork loin looked great - but that super thick cream sauce did her in. This decision could backfire on Bobby, I can totally see Vinnie melting down if his dishes are too complicated. David is a sweet guy, but Kelly was definitely the right choice for Anne.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

We were rooting for David in this house. Seemed like such a nice guy. I don't think that his choice of pork was a give-away. If his wife was VEGAN (not just vegetarian or pescetarians) she wouldn't be eating seafood . . . or eggs, or cheese or any of the stuff that tastes good to me! The only was she'd have really known it was his dish was if it had been all veggies.

Will root for Vinnie in the finale, only because he seems to need to win more. Being unable to cook isn't the only self-esteem problem he has.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Well... that was interesting.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Well... that was interesting.
    LOL not really. I called BS with the teams being called Team X and Team Y. Sheesh, I wonder which team belongs to which chef? I didn't mind Kelly but I really wanted to see Ann knocked off her high horse. Now she will be even more insufferable. But she is no Iron Chef (lol).

Anyways, I thought they both did a good job and held their own. They should both be proud.
    its_glinda_now likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

And so it goes . . . . on and on. Anne wins again. Is it any wonder no famous chef from the other team has stayed around for more than one season? This is pretty much HER show and she just lets others play along!

My favorite spot in the entire season was when the third grader in the cafeteria asked Bobby if he liked spicy food. Take that Mr. Ego! Your celebrity powers have no effect on grade schoolers!!!
    pikachu likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread