+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

My bad. I started watching last season and thought it was the first. I would have like to have seen Beau MacMillan handle the disasters.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well, rats! I was really enjoying watching Bobby Flay on this show...had heard of him but really didn't know him. Then I read how he and January Jones apparently had hooked up and may possibly be the daddy of her baby. I really like his wife, Stephanie March, from Law and Order:SVU...didn't know she was his 3rd wife either.
    Hope this is just gossip.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Well, rats! I was really enjoying watching Bobby Flay on this show...had heard of him but really didn't know him. Then I read how he and January Jones apparently had hooked up and may possibly be the daddy of her baby. I really like his wife, Stephanie March, from Law and Order:SVU...didn't know she was his 3rd wife either.
    Hope this is just gossip.
    Too bad if this is true. I hate to see men do this and even worse for women to go anywhere near a married man. Shame on them. Where there is smoke there is fire. Jaunary called him after she was in a car accident to come to her. Why not call her boyfriend Adrian Brody?
    Last edited by Shoepie; 03-21-2012 at 04:35 AM.

To the Point

With regard to Anne Burrell, she is apparently very good at what she does. I saw her compete on Chopped All-Stars and on the Next American Iron Chef, and all the other professional Chef's commented at one time or another that she is a force to be reckoned with. There were many comments about how good she is and how cool under fire.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Interesting that each family member chose their loved one. hmmmmmmm Did they put a hint in their dish? I know that the blue team woman cooked brussel sprouts for Bobby on her date. Clearly she was familiar with this vegetable and probably makes them at home exactly how she served them last night.

Vinnie knows his son likes heat so made a spicy sauce for that steak. He also put 3 dollops of the sauce on the plate beside the steak. This might have been someting he did at home too.

Kelly's sea food plate was not typical of her cooking but perhaps she had mentioned to her husband that she wanted to learn how to cook it because she loves to eat it. Maybe she always orders lobster or shrimp whenever they go out.

I know I would have done this.

I had a feeling they kind of knew who cooked what.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The 2 that were eliminated were the ones that were traded. I noticed this last season also. I would like Anne to win, but watching these 2 I have a feeling it will be Vinnie.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    The 2 that were eliminated were the ones that were traded. I noticed this last season also. I would like Anne to win, but watching these 2 I have a feeling it will be Vinnie.
    Me too. He is a personality like Joshie was last season.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I didn't see any editing tricks with the plates presented to the family members. Vinnie said his son hated the way he cooked steak so this time he would add the heat his son loved to eat. Then again...good on them for choosing dishes that they knew would please (or hope to please) their loved ones.

I'm sorry David went home, but I think he really just wanted to join his wife at her hotel. I am glad Vinnie and Kelly stayed. Kelly really overcame her squeamishness with the seafood with her presentation. I really do think she has come the farthest (most of the time.)
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think this was the strongest final 4 in three seasons. We got the biggest kick out of the fact that all four family members picked the corresponding plate as the best! While Vinnie's son could have figured out the steak...maybe...there was no way that Kelly's husband knew she prepared the seafood plate.

And for the first time in three seasons, the final two weren't originally on Anne's team.

+ Reply to Thread