+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I have seen Anne watch the contestants carefully and call them out on double dipping and cleanliness. She has refused to sample food because of it.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

The man eliminated on Ann's team deserved the dismissal! He didn't taste anything. After she called him out on not tasting the Chipotle in Adobo sauce (very hot) he didnt taste the peppers he added to cool it down! Actually, the peppers he chose looked to be a sweet varity, to me, but there is nothing that could have diluted the can of chilis. It is a "use very little" ingredient.

Erica was good viewing so I have to give a nod to this show for not keeping her on because of that. Who sets their steak on fire? I have not even seen that happen when using a grill!

I didn't get to see the end of it. Bob went? Really? I thought he had some great potential.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Erica continued to crack me up this episode, but it was time for her to go. Did you see how much salt Bobby was throwing on his example steak? Yikes! And Ann with her heat requirements? People with high blood pressure and tricky stomachs should stay far, far away. I may not cook and could probably qualify in that respect for the show, but I would never be able to taste or eat anything made there or on the professional cook shows. Still, I wish I had smell-o-vision.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Erica continued to crack me up this episode, but it was time for her to go. Did you see how much salt Bobby was throwing on his example steak? Yikes! And Ann with her heat requirements? People with high blood pressure and tricky stomachs should stay far, far away. I may not cook and could probably qualify in that respect for the show, but I would never be able to taste or eat anything made there or on the professional cook shows. Still, I wish I had smell-o-vision.
    The steak was so think that it needed that much salt. I am sure it didn't taste that salty because the suface salt had to season the interior too when it was on your fork.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I found Erica super annoying so I'm glad she's gone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I also make plenty of doshes that use little or no salt but depend on seasonings. The food tastes great. And when I do use salt I use the low sodium type. I just don't get this "salt it over and over" mindset because not everyone can eat that way. I can't
    I rarely use salt either, because I prefer the taste of other seasonings and other seasoning blends. There's a whole world of possibilities out there besides salt. They should check out the Spice House in Milwaukee. I love just walking into the place because of the wonderful smells (you can order their stuff on-line too, but it's not the same). And they have low sodium blends as well.

The only time I really do use salt is when a baking recipe requires it, and usually they require very little salt. I can't even remember the last time I filled a salt shaker. I got out of the habit when my late mother started watching her salt intake, and I've never really missed it.

I love this show! It's definately not serious like Top Chef, it's light and funny. I like that Bobby Flay is a judge this season too. And I was so happy the one person on his team went home tonight, I couldn't stand...don't want to ruin it for those of you who haven't seen tonights show yet.

Tonight's episode was really good. At first, I wasn't sure I'd like the show because I had a hard time believing these people could be so clueless about cooking...vanilla in chicken???
    But as time has passed, and they're improving and personalities are showing, I'm enjoying it a lot more.
    Both Bobby and Anne are great and neither have any attitude towards the contestants. They really seem to be enjoying themselves.
    Bobby sure is adorable. No wonder that one girl (blonde, nursing student with the past anorexia problems) has a crush on him. I thougth it was so cute how she admitted her crush and really acted shy, as if she really was on a real date with a person she was crushing on.
    I've always loved Bobby's wife, Stephanie March, especially when she was on Law and Order:SVU. So beautiful and seemed really intelligent. Great role model as opposed to a lot of other actresses in shows that have the beautiful women always seem like bimbos.
    Shoepie likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't like Bobby Flay at all when I first saw him on the Iron Chef. I've gotten to like him better over the years.

+ Reply to Thread