+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Worst Cooks in America

Professional cooks would not like my cooking because I don't season my dishes. When you learn not to add salt to everything, that becomes normal to you. Once you start adding salt to dishes, it seems like you have to add that amount of salt to everything or it tastes too bland. After a while, even your regular amount of salt doesn't seem like enough so you keep stepping it up.

I'm not about to start adding seasoning to my food just to make some chef happy. It's better for me not to add extra sodium to my diet. I'd rather get more flavor from herbs, aromatics, vegetables, etc.

I have a hard time believing anyone is really that bad of a cook. As someone else said, you don't have to be a fantastic cook to follow the directions on a box or on a recipe. If you can't do that, you aren't really a bad cook...just stubborn.
    TripleGemini likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I also really like seeing Bobby get such a kick out of some of the people on his team. I love the older "menopausal" lady!
    I do too. Loved the ending when she told him he made her cry. He appeared to be quite confused. Does his wife not have mood swings?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

How do they ensure that a professional chef doesn't pretend to be a "worst cook" and then come out guns-a-blazing once the competition begins? I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to fake being horrible at cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Professional cooks would not like my cooking because I don't season my dishes. When you learn not to add salt to everything, that becomes normal to you. Once you start adding salt to dishes, it seems like you have to add that amount of salt to everything or it tastes too bland. After a while, even your regular amount of salt doesn't seem like enough so you keep stepping it up.

I'm not about to start adding seasoning to my food just to make some chef happy. It's better for me not to add extra sodium to my diet. I'd rather get more flavor from herbs, aromatics, vegetables, etc.
    Yes! I stopped eating salt years ago, and while I now use it, I use so very little. My family is used to it and complain when food is too salty (which, I think, would be anything Anne makes, given how much salt she uses). I do use other seasonings, though...BJs is now selling these different blends, so I got a "no salt" seasoning that includes a slew of different spices that I now put on just about everything. (They also have a really nice roasted garlic-salt blend that I use a very little of in certain dishes.)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Yes! I stopped eating salt years ago, and while I now use it, I use so very little. My family is used to it and complain when food is too salty (which, I think, would be anything Anne makes, given how much salt she uses). I do use other seasonings, though...BJs is now selling these different blends, so I got a "no salt" seasoning that includes a slew of different spices that I now put on just about everything. (They also have a really nice roasted garlic-salt blend that I use a very little of in certain dishes.)
    I also make plenty of doshes that use little or no salt but depend on seasonings. The food tastes great. And when I do use salt I use the low sodium type. I just don't get this "salt it over and over" mindset because not everyone can eat that way. I can't
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I also make plenty of doshes that use little or no salt but depend on seasonings. The food tastes great. And when I do use salt I use the low sodium type. I just don't get this "salt it over and over" mindset because not everyone can eat that way. I can't
    I can't use the "low sodium" salt or salt substitutes...they're even worse for my kidneys than the real thing.

And my husband and son, who aren't sick, are used to eating food with minimal salt. My husband adds pepper to just about everything, my son doesn't do anything. Both quickly identify foods that are really salty now (like when we go out to eat).

I can't believe Ann kept Dorothy!!! I mean, really? "Vanilla chicken"? Even after Ann told her it was a bad idea?

And I really wish they'd had more than one pizza oven for that many people.

But other than that, it was interesting. We liked seeing what flavors people were combining...some we thought were pretty good (chili and mango), others were huh? (pineapple and horseradish). And we like both rib-eyes and chicken, and I love mashed potatoes, so we got lots of dinner ideas :-)

I don't think this show was meant to be a comedy but that's what it appears to be with some of these so-called "cooks."
    Didn't think I could be surprised anymore but the combos they come up with are definitely surprising and make me wonder what the heck goes on in those brains of theirs. But it's entertaining and I especially enjoy Bobby and Ann and their sense of humor. They definitely need it with this bunch.

I am not enjoying this season as the past ones. It seems there was more directions in the past and we saw more cooking techniques being learned.
    There's no place like home!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

There are so many annoying contestants! I don't like the crazy lady on Bobby's team who wouldn't even pronounce tofu correctly after he repeatedly told her how to pronounce it. I also don't like Serena, the timid Asian lady. And then Dorothy and her vanilla chicken. Ugh!! Stop it, already!! I was sad to see Bob on Ann's team go. He seemed to be doing better than most people on his team last week. I really thought he might be the one selected to represent Ann in the final challenge. Oh, well!

I feel soooo sorry for Bobby and Ann having to sample the food these wacko cooks make each week. Some of it you can tell just by looking at it and seeing the odd combinations that it's not going to be good. I would also worry about how sanitary their cooking habits are--if they cook the meat well enough, double dip, chop their vegetables on the same cutting board where they cut their raw meat, etc.
    Last edited by pikachu; 02-27-2012 at 09:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread