+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I think some of these people were hired for the show. At least, I need to believe that....because people just can't be that bad, or can they? And I don't mean being unable to cook. I'm referring to the strange mix of ingredients they use...like the man who heavily covered his food in red pepper flakes. Or the one who used curry and something else together.
    The lawyer that got sent home deserved it for his attitude alone. What a pompous ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like that Bobby Flay is paired with Ann this season. I am not a fan, but his celebrity brings this show up a notch.

I wonder just how many are really as bad and they seem at the start. As with any reality show there are those who want exposure and I have Tiffany pegged. She is on Flay's team and won tonight. She is very pretty and that sent up a red flag for me. Is she looking to shine, get a gig as a side kick on a cooking show or a hosting job of any kind? hmmmmmmmmmmm I would not rule that out.

I actually think there may be others who know more than they let on. We will see who progresses rapidly.

I liked Flay dismissing the HSN host. She was definately there for recognition. No doublt about that.
    Also, Tiffany was on Amazing Race a couple seasons ago. She was part of the woman poker player team.

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    Also, Tiffany was on Amazing Race a couple seasons ago. She was part of the woman poker player team.
    You have a great eye and memory. I hope she goes quickly.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think some of these people were hired for the show. At least, I need to believe that....because people just can't be that bad, or can they? And I don't mean being unable to cook. I'm referring to the strange mix of ingredients they use...like the man who heavily covered his food in red pepper flakes. Or the one who used curry and something else together.
    The lawyer that got sent home deserved it for his attitude alone. What a pompous ass.
    Certainly they have cooked eggs and box mix pancakes in their lifetime. The step to make them from scratch is very small one. It was too much black pepper on those eggs and Flay declaring them inedible was a bit much. I use a lot of pepper on my fried eggs.

See? I knew she was a ringer. She was recruited for eye candy and I bet she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    You have a great eye and memory. I hope she goes quickly.
    I recognized her right away, as soon as they mentioned she was a professional poker player.

All these professional-reality people make you really doubt the sincerity of any of these shows.
    Allie likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Certainly they have cooked eggs and box mix pancakes in their lifetime. The step to make them from scratch is very small one. It was too much black pepper on those eggs and Flay declaring them inedible was a bit much. I use a lot of pepper on my fried eggs.
    My husband and I were laughing at those eggs...that's just how he likes them. (I don't eat pepper, so hubby has to season his eggs after I cook them.)

FORT Fogey

Seeing Bobby Flay getting a kick out of these contestants is fun to watch.

The noodle challenge created a level playing field so any cook there who is hiding their skill was challenged.

Erica (?) is hiding nothing! I mean the one who lifted the entire food processor to pour out the sauce!

The tornado is a hoot and a half! The thing is the worst of the worst have already been eliminated and I think this show should be titled The Best of the Worst Cooks in America. This is fun. One of the few things I can cook is Swedish meatballs (Christmas Eve dinner) and personally, I can't handle any spice other than a little salt, so I have no palate to develop as they are trying to train them to do. It is interesting to see an Amazing Race contestant (poker player) on the show as there is and has been a Big Brother cross over to the Amazing Race. So far I like the "long" haired dad the best and hope he goes far.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I also really like seeing Bobby get such a kick out of some of the people on his team. I love the older "menopausal" lady!

I still can't decide if Tiffany (from TAR) is a real contestant or not, but she's pretty funny.

+ Reply to Thread