+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I was kind of hoping the Mike and Danny would be the two who were chosen just because I like them better. Jamie is way too loud and hyper for me to enjoy and Amber, with her dramatics over her nails and ingredients was just someone I didn't enjoy watching. I wish them all well, but I doubt I'll watch the finale.
    pikachu likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I was kind of hoping the Mike and Danny would be the two who were chosen just because I like them better. Jamie is way too loud and hyper for me to enjoy and Amber, with her dramatics over her nails and ingredients was just someone I didn't enjoy watching. I wish them all well, but I doubt I'll watch the finale.
    Me too! I feel the exact same way. I was a little surprised that Mike wasn't chosen since both loved ones liked his salmon dish the best.
    Florimel likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm hoping for a Jaime win! He's been the most consistent, I think.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I liked all final 4 contestants so I was OK with whatever happened. However, I like Jamie & Mike the best and wished they could have been the final two. I do agree that Jamie has been very good as of late.
    Kip and nanaslbkp like this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate the long, black fingernails. There's no telling what kind of funk could be lurking under those monstrosities. I haven't seen the most recent episode; I, generally, catch an encore episode on Saturday.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And I say this with an unending distaste for Bobby Flay, going back to his stint on Grillin' & Chillin' in the late 90s.
    Heh - me, too. Loved Jack McDavid, the overall-clad other chef (who I've always called "Big Jim McBob," ala SCTV's "Farm Film Report"), snickering at the city slicker dealing with outdoor cooking. I think Flay must have burned the tapes - there are none at all to be found on YouTube, even though the series only dates to 1996.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

What a tasty finale! Both Amber and Jaime made difficult dishes; difficult in that, while appearing simple, they had to be spot on or not on.

Amber overcoming her fear of octopi, WON!!! with many accolades from the judges. Jaime was a pinch of salt behind her in that he over-salted his soup.

They were both committed to the task. Anne and Bobby were very proud of them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was okay with that outcome but also had a bit of fear over the fingernails...when I was pregnant many, many years ago, I got a piece of pie and a glass of milk at a local restaurant. Almost simultaneously, as I took a drink of milk, my now ex noticed something in the glass that turned out to be chunks of glass that had apparently melted into a big lump in the dishwasher and I found that a slivered almond was a fingernail. I've never really gotten over that. :-(

I enjoyed seeing Spike!
    nanaslbkp likes this.

I would be concerned getting a tattoo rom Amber with her holding the tattoo gun.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I sure wanted Jamie to win...I knew they both wanted it, but those fingernails creeped me out too much!!
    prhoshay and captain like this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

+ Reply to Thread