+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I'm watching, too, just for the entertainment. I do find it hard to believe that these people are as clueless as the appear in the beginning. Anyone should be able to make simple meals that are at least edible. It's not brain surgery or rocket science after all.

I had to giggle at the doctor who can dissect cadavers but couldn't figure out how to slice up a protein.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm watching, too, just for the entertainment. I do find it hard to believe that these people are as clueless as the appear in the beginning. Anyone should be able to make simple meals that are at least edible. It's not brain surgery or rocket science after all.

I had to giggle at the doctor who can dissect cadavers but couldn't figure out how to slice up a protein.
    I agree, how hard can it be to open a jar of spaghetti sauce and boil (and you can taste them to make sure they are done before you drain) noodles? And now they sell so many sauces, you can cut up a piece of meet throw it in a crockpot, cover it with sauce and turn it on.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I just remembered - I thought it was hilarious that one guy liked corned beef because he thought it was meat and vegetable all in one.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I just remembered - I thought it was hilarious that one guy liked corned beef because he thought it was meat and vegetable all in one.
    Oh, wow! I remember that too, and I was
    Kip likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

In going through the list on the Food Network website, I'm finding that I am annoyed by the majority of them and have only a few left to chose from when deciding on a favorite.

The "Black Bobby Flay" (Lance) annoyed me the most and I'm glad he's gone. I have a strong dislike for a Know It All who lives and breathes bullsh^t.

Since he came off as being harmless, it was sweet that Anne let her biggest fan (Benji) touch her hair. Odd request though.

I find myself rooting for Carol and Mike on Anne's team and Joe on Bobby's team . . . of the three, I think only Carol stands a chance at being there at the end.

Worst Cooks in America, Season 5: Chef Anne Burrell's Team : Food Network

Worst Cooks in America, Season 5: Chef Bobby Flay's Team : Food Network
    Kip likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I was also glad to see the "Black Bobby Flay" go. Last season there was that woman who had a crush on Bobby Flay that was kept around way too long, probably because the producers thought it added some humor to the show. I was afraid that was going to be the case with this guy too.

I think Joe has a great shot at it because coming from a family of good cooks, I think you do pick up a lot of things just from being around and hearing food talk at the table. But woman with long black hair and the woman who's always talking about cats seem to be doing okay too.

I like Carol. I was going to say, how on earth do you get to that age without being able to cook, but my MIL got to 90 without being able to cook more than a couple of dishes (though she did bake bread - her other dishes were meat loaf and baked chicken). I like Jamie the flight attendant too.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I remember the woman who had the crush on Bobby. My daughter and I watch the show together and neither one of us can find anything in BF that would make us go all googly-eyed like she did.

Our only logical conclusion was that she was willing to take on that persona just to make things interesting.

My husband's aunt - a very lovely woman, sweet as the day is long - is well into her 80's. She grew up in the south and loves to eat . . . . although you wouldn't know it to look at her because even at her advanced age, her metabolism still keeps her almost as thin as a supermodel.

Despite those factors (age, heritage, appetite), she could make you breakfast, lunch and dinner for ONE day before she'd have to repeat one of her "specials". However, she is extremely good at making jam. I'm talking whiz-bang-dang good. I don't know how that happened, but if there were a Spread It On A Biscuit reality tv show, she'd win hands down!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Mike fell in love with baking. I fell in love with Mike for his discovery of a new passion. Go Mike. All that donut confidence led him to win the main challenge as well. Go Mike.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-04-2014 at 10:05 PM.
    wannasee likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It was Mike (red team) that won the donut challenge, Joe was 2nd. Joe was eliminated.
    There's no place like home!

Kip

I was surprised that Bobby eliminated Joe - especially since Joe had just come in second (out of both teams) in the donut challenge. I thought Joe would likely be in the final two on Bobby's team.

The donut challenge was kind of bizarre. They told the cooks that the winning cook would get an advantage. Then when they came to announce the judging results, they said that the mentor of the winning team would get to take one member from the other team and send one member of the winning team to the losing team. That makes it harder on the winning cook if the mentor trades for a better cook - the winner now has tougher competition in the elimination challenge.

I didn't understand Ann's pick (girl with long blond hair) - she wasn't in my highest-rated top 3 for Bobby's team. Actually, two of my top 3 ended up in Bobby's bottom 2, and the other one (the girl with the long fingernails) won.

On Ann's team, Carol and Jamie who had previously done well, both fell down this week.

+ Reply to Thread