+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    So it's down to Rashida (fingernails) and Sue on the red team and Allina (crazy concoctions) and Chad? (decorator) on the blue.
    I definitely think Bobby's team has the edge this year.
    My guess is Rashida and Allina in the final. we'll see.

PS - thank you TPTB for getting rid of Carla!
    Carla was fun, but yes, she did get a little overboard for my tastes. I will say that at least she seemed to try her hardest each time.

Bobby's final two - MAN I hate having to choose between the two. He actually has two strong cooks here and both have been entertaining.

Anne's team... I don't know. That one is tough, because they've been forgettable to me personally.

FORT Fogey

Ann was smart and kind in choosing dishes she knew each loved one would favor. They also both knew who they wanted to represent them before these challenges, barring any disaster. I love the girl on Bobby's team. How sweet her loved one is a man who she helps care for and he in turn is a father figure to her. I loved that! What a sweet relationship.

I like Allina very much. Chad was a little too overbearing and didn't listen very well. I think Bobby made the right choice.
    On Anne's team? Fingernail lady - Rachelle? She probably was the right pick, but honestly I don't see her winning.

It was nice to see the loved ones - Sue with her little boy was sweet (I think she was fine with not going to the final IMHO!). Allina was super cute with her client. I also provide in-home care to the elderly, including making meals, so I know exactly how important this can be to them. And believe me, they just want simple, delicious food. Some of these celebrity chefs forget that important point - food needs to taste GOOD, not just look impressive on the plate.
    Kip likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

ALINA WINS!!! Anne Burrell loses for the first time.

Alina was so focused and so cute during this episode. Rashida showed off her lessons and I really want to try her raviola. Anyway, two of the three courses went to Alina and she took home the $25,000 and they both took home a $5000 gift card from Kohls. Will they really spend it on pots and pans?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    ALINA WINS!!! Anne Burrell loses for the first time.

Alina was so focused and so cute during this episode. Rashida showed off her lessons and I really want to try her raviola. Anyway, two of the three courses went to Alina and she took home the $25,000 and they both took home a $5000 gift card from Kohls. Will they really spend it on pots and pans?
    I had to laugh - as much as they've both improved, I canNOT see Rashida spending the money on cookware!

Congrats to both of them and esp Allina - her food looked absolutely delicious. Have to say, the egg raviola completely grossed me out. I can't eat runny yolks, never have liked them- but she did prepare it well.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    ...Anyway, two of the three courses went to Alina and she took home the $25,000 and they both took home a $5000 gift card from Kohls. Will they really spend it on pots and pans?
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I love to cook, but I can't imagine spending $5000 on cooking items from Kohl's.

I like Anne, but I was glad to see Bobby win and Anne's winning streak broken.

I'm glad both finalists did a good job at the end. Congrats to Alina!

Guess it depends on how the $5000 gift certificate reads. If it's specifically says it's for cookware, then they'd have to use it for that, but if it's a general gift certificate, I'd think they could spend it on whatever they choose.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

New season starts February 17th at 9pm.

It's still Anne and Bobby. To see the new recruits, go here: Worst Cooks in America, Season 5: Meet the Recruits
    Kip likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Anybody watching the new season? I just watched the first two episodes on demand today.

I was glad they didn't spend a whole episode on finding the new batch of contestants. They pretty much just introduced us to the contestants, then went strait to the first two challenges.

One guy on Ann's team is a picky eater who only eats 8 foods. It made me realize that I'd probably rather have a non-cook on my team who at eats good foods. The young dancer guy on Bobby's team said the rest of his family are all good cooks, so he at least knows what good food is supposed to look like and is probably familiar with more ingredients. But then there's also a doctor on Bobby's team - you'd expect that he'd be used to eating decent food - and Bobby said he picked him because he figured a doctor would learn quickly - but so far, this guy has not done well.

I'm watching. I'm still getting acquainted with the cast. There have been some disasters, but they all did well milking cows.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread