+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    My only problem with this show is that these are people who can't cook, yet they're worried about teaching them how to make their own ice cream. How about teaching them how to make lagasna, or an omelet, or something they can feed to their family?
    I don't know how to make my own ice cream, but I can make a tasty meal to feed my family.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I had "issues" with the last episode, particularly with some of the ingredients in the Quick Fire Challenge just happening to be there . . . . like the cooked noodles for Bobby and the rice for Anne.

These people couldn't boil water 3 weeks ago and now they not only correctly cook pasta & rice, but they are supposed to think far enough ahead to make extra for a meal later in the week? Yeah, right . . . . .

At this point, I pretty much see the blonde from Bobby's team being in the finale along with Mr Bow Tie from Anne's team. They are both likable, so at least we don't have a villain type cheftestant being kept around for ratings/drama (although I believe ratings is why I-Have-A-Crush-On-Bobby has stayed on so long)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I agree, these "challenges" are total bs. What about Anne and Bobby making fun because the teams couldn't operate a food processor? Well...I'm a damn good cook and I do not use one of those things, so I guess they'd be making fun of me also. How about you SHOW them how to use one first? hmmm?

That being said, finger nail girl or bow tie guy from Anne's team for the final and blonde girl or designer guy from Bobby's.
    PLEASE send home slobbering Carla. She's embarrassing.
    Florimel likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    I agree, these "challenges" are total bs. What about Anne and Bobby making fun because the teams couldn't operate a food processor? Well...I'm a damn good cook and I do not use one of those things, so I guess they'd be making fun of me also. How about you SHOW them how to use one first? hmmm?
    Count me as someone who has never used one myself and I'm a decent enough cook. In the last couple of seasons, the winner and runner up did learn how to cook.... I've seen bits of this and from that and what I am reading... are they teaching them differently?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think they're playing it more for laughs and gags than previous seasons.

The first season or two, I remember MUCH more demonstration and explanation.
    This season is all about finding camera ready "types" and throwing them to the wolves, so to speak.

Anne and Bobby are both so overexposed and full of themselves that I don't think they even realize how assinine they look.
    Florimel likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

I thought making fried rice and lo mein was a good idea. It made sense since everyone seemed to rely on take out food and Chinese is a typical choice. Grinding their hamburger meat, no, that was nuts.

I use a food processor a lot but these contestants will never get there! It is an excellent tool and easy to use. All that you need to know is how to put the top on the correct way. Not a complicated appliance. I think they used it in this challenge to show viewers how easy and fast it is.

I agree that this show is all about comedy and not really teaching much. Carla will remain as long as there is someone who can be considered worse and it may be a stretch to keep her but they will. She definately has the best diary talks.

It would be boring for us to watch them make the simple things they need to learn so I am all for the outrageous meals. How about home made sausage or a roast suckling pig!

I also use my food processor frequently. I think the problems with it we see are primarily caused by the built-in safety precautions. You must lock the bowl in place before you try to lock the top in place. Otherwise, nothing works.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I didn't see Sunday's episode, but the previous one with the cakes/takeout. I will say that I loved seeing the Sweet Genius host teach the contestants how to make a cake. He taught slowly and methodically, as though they were students not idiots (which I have felt at times in other cases) which I think helped out as most of them actually presented an edible cake and few that broke. He also maintained his simple humor and treated the contestants kindly, which I liked.

And the two who went home were right to go home.

She may be eliminated now, but I'm actually liking "Mad Scientist" with her ideas - the odd green cake of peanut butter cups and jelly cake was a nice little "Trick/April Fool" cake in its own right. Who knew what it was going to taste like with the (truly) usual color but they all loved it.

FORT Fogey

Carla definately timed out with her lobster quesadilla! Sorry to see her go but she was the obvious choice.

So it's down to Rashida (fingernails) and Sue on the red team and Allina (crazy concoctions) and Chad? (decorator) on the blue.
    I definitely think Bobby's team has the edge this year.
    My guess is Rashida and Allina in the final. we'll see.

PS - thank you TPTB for getting rid of Carla!
    TripleGemini likes this.

+ Reply to Thread