+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

There were comment made by Beau when they were both on All-Stars Chopped Celebrity.
    There's no place like home!

Dang! I missed it
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Count me among those who have had more than enough of Bobby Flay for years now. You can hardly manage to avoid him if you watch Food Network. He, and some of the others, need to follow the old showbiz philosophy of, "Always leave them wanting more."
    pikachu and Shoepie like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am not watching this show. I watching the last couple of seasons and it was fun, but it sounds like it is more contrived then ever.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I never liked any of Bobby Flay's cooking shows, but I did like him on Throwdown with Bobby Flay (the show where he surprised various chefs and competed against them making whatever the chefs' specialties were). He was always a bit nervous and shy about walking in and surprising the unsuspecting chefs, and seemed embarrassed when he won, and really happy for the winners when he lost.
    Yes, I saw that show. I was surprised to see him being humble. I have no issue with Flay, he seems like a nice guy and well liked by his peers. I don't like to grill and only like to eat it occasionally.

I actually learned something from the show....how to properly cook fish..I was one of those that always tried to turn the fish to soon. Also how to cleanly take out the pit of an avocado.
    There's no place like home!

I know captain; I picked up those tips as well...and about deboning the pin bones with a tweezer.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think I am done with this show. Anne seemed extra mean to her team this last episode. It put me off.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

This show is so bad yet I keep watching.

There are some high points though. The black woman's (team Bobby) diary talks are hysterical. "Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, I know that, it is called nipapolitan." There were others that I cannot recall.

I am glad to see Alex go. He was a jerk on The Glass House and a jerk on this one. Wonder where he will pop up next.

Not surprised with EITHER elimination last night. Aadib shouldn't have EVER licked his fingers off and then continue cooking. The moment he did that he sealed his fate even if there was - and there was - a dry burger.

Alex... well, he put way too much on his burger and yet thinks he was hot stuff. Not surprised he was eliminated either.

As far as last night: I have to say the following:

1. Bobby's chefs seem more competent, and their burgers, even the cinnamon dusted one, sounded good.

2. Speaking of cinnamon - apparently said cook didn't realize that cinnamon creates a DRYING effect too. She was lucky she had enough other moisteners to compensate.

3. WHY did someone think you can put a sear on CHEESE? Maybe a very rock hard slice of it very VERY quickly, but even there unlikely.

It's fun, but painful to watch because even I - who doesn't cook often, can cook a burger.

+ Reply to Thread