+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I would wager that they get lots of behind the scenes instruction and practice time. Even a good cook can't learn all those new techniques in a few minutes of instruction.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

This is a total money making riculous, staged, manipulated, stupid, transparent move to get into the reality show frenzy. Shame on you Bobby Flay.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I enjoyed the first season, and even the second, but this is just over-the-top unbelievable.

Weren't they supposed to make the dish - as shown - for the elimination round with the vegetable being their choice? Unless I misunderstood, that's how it was supposed to be. It wasn't.

The one woman on Anne's team who was praised for presentation clearly had MASHED POTATOES on her plate - they were supposed to be oven-roasted. And many of Bobby's team had what looked like oven-roasted when they were supposed to be 'smashed'.

I'm deleting it from the dvr schedule. Too many of the contestants are too inept to be real.

Not a fan of Bobby Flay (who my daughter refers to as "Booby Flaw") and Anne has just become too much of a harpie.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Bobby has a new show featuring three sets of home cooks in different cities competing for the honor of being the best in their city. Yes, he is into Reality Television.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Bobby has a new show featuring three sets of home cooks in different cities competing for the honor of being the best in their city. Yes, he is into Reality Television.
    Yeah, BF is everywhere. I've watched all the episodes of the home cooks show - but I don't know if I'll keep watching. I certainly don't want any manufactured drama, but those dinner parties are dull.

Bobby Flay is an unmitigated fame whore. He's the type (along with Ina Garten, Giada and Guy Fieri) who believe Food Tv's hype and think they're the next coming. I used to really like Ann but she's all over the place too now (Secrets of a Restaurant Chef and another one that's a contest for chefs which I can't remember the name of). It's like Food Tv finds some people that prove to be popular and then they use them TO DEATH. To be honest I've never understood the appeal of BF - supercilious is one of the nicer words I can come up with. LOL

I liked this show when Robert Irvine was the coach and wasn't someone else on also? But last season with BF was bad and this one is shaping up to be worse. I'm done.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

The first season was Anne Burrell and Beau MacMillan as the teachers. That started a rivalry between the two.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    Bobby Flay is an unmitigated fame whore. He's the type (along with Ina Garten, Giada and Guy Fieri) who believe Food Tv's hype and think they're the next coming. I used to really like Ann but she's all over the place too now (Secrets of a Restaurant Chef and another one that's a contest for chefs which I can't remember the name of). It's like Food Tv finds some people that prove to be popular and then they use them TO DEATH. To be honest I've never understood the appeal of BF - supercilious is one of the nicer words I can come up with. LOL

I liked this show when Robert Irvine was the coach and wasn't someone else on also? But last season with BF was bad and this one is shaping up to be worse. I'm done.
    Can I use the word over-exposed!!??!! I am so over Bobby Flay at this point I turn every show he is on off. Food Network has a history of doing this. Remember when you could not go a day without seeing Emeril on a show?
    Florimel, Shoepie and Gala62 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I never liked any of Bobby Flay's cooking shows, but I did like him on Throwdown with Bobby Flay (the show where he surprised various chefs and competed against them making whatever the chefs' specialties were). He was always a bit nervous and shy about walking in and surprising the unsuspecting chefs, and seemed embarrassed when he won, and really happy for the winners when he lost.

That's right! Beau MacMillan! I love him and even though Robert Irvine is becoming overexposed as well - I still like him most days. They were were fun to watch on this show.

captain - are you saying there still is a rivalry between Ann and Beau?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread