• 1 Post By Debb70
  • 1 Post By Uncle David
  • 2 Post By candor
  • 2 Post By mickbee
  • 2 Post By jucamer

Thread: It's a Brad, Brad World - Bravo

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

It's a Brad, Brad World - Bravo

I've watched Brad Goreski ever since his first episode on The Rachel Zoe Project, two years ago, when he was a bumbling, stumbling, goofy, inept assistant to Rachel Zoe's styling assistant, Taylor. Since then, he has grown and developed his own very unique of style of fashion for both women and men. I'm so happy to see him with his own show now, and I really enjoyed the first episode showing both his home life and his beginning struggles to establish a styling business of his own. I also appreciated the irony of Brad acknowledging the importance of a really good styling assistant --- when he himself practically had to be beaten into submission by both Rachel and Taylor -- and he still made tons of errors. (It's sort of like when your adult children come to you and say, wow mom, NOW I see what you had to go through with me when I was little!)

Enjoyed the first episode, and I especially appreciated that he really was keeping it 'real' -- letting the viewers see his own doubts, insecurities, and his typical Brad-silliness! I'm wishing him well. I think he'll develop a very respected name for himself, even if it takes a while. I also appreciate that he addressed the issue of how he came to leave Rachel Zoe. He said that he gave her 2 1/2 months notice and he was very honest about wanting to go out on his own. Rachel didn't portray it that way on her show, and that makes me sad because they both seem like 'good' people --- and of course it is very typical that someone who is mentored by someone else, eventually sets out on their own path to develop their own career.
    jucamer and Debb70 like this.

Re: IT'S A BRAD, BRAD WORLD - Bravo

I'm loving Brad! I like him much better than Rachel. Really. He's more authentic IMO.

Re: It's a Brad, Brad World - Bravo

People have to select him to style them. The show is furnishing them right now. He had been trying to do it for 12 years before working for Rachel. Another would not hire him because of his leaving Rachel. But I believe this was the right choice. I Love Rachel
    You can do it!

Rachel's fake accent and obsession with her job, annoy me. I'm not sure I can ever get over it.

Re: IT'S A BRAD, BRAD WORLD - Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm loving Brad! I like him much better than Rachel. Really. He's more authentic IMO.
    I agree. He's adorable and driven without the single-minded obsession that Rachel seems to have.

Camille Grammer was on Wendy Williams yesterday and Wendy mentioned to her how Brad had said on her show that Camille was the most fashionable housewife. Camille was thrilled, said she loved Brad and would call him! She said she did not currently have a stylist! Maybe Wendy got Brad a good lead for a new client!
    jucamer likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I typically eschew anything that has a connection, no matter how slight, to Rachel Zoe. So, it's not surprising that I don't watch It's a Brad, Brad World. However, the second channel on my DVR was still set to Bravo after having just recorded Bethenny Ever After. That's how I accidentally found myself watching IABBW just in time to see the flash mob performing One More Day. It actually brought tears to my eyes. Pretty impressive when you consider I had flipped over from watching NASCAR.
    jucamer likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

That scene had me crying so much my dog was licking my face. It was really touching.
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.

Loved the flash mob and Brad doing that little jig he does when he's excited was adorable! Did anyone else kinda hope that Gary might propose to Brad that night?
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by mickbee View Post
    Loved the flash mob and Brad doing that little jig he does when he's excited was adorable! Did anyone else kinda hope that Gary might propose to Brad that night?

Before they revealed the flash mob performance, I thought Gary had a wedding planned. Oh well, I enjoyed the performance and cried like a baby. I love this show and hope it did well enough to return.
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread