+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 24 Hour Catwalk (Lifetime, Tuesdays 10pm)

24 Hour Catwalk (Lifetime, Tuesdays 10pm)

There's a sneak peek episode tonight (Jan 5th) after the Project Runway All Stars premiere, then it airs Tuesdays at 10 starting next week.

"24 Hour Catwalk," Featuring Alexa Chung, Premieres January 10 on Lifetime
    Each episode of the series gives four designers the chance to compete to create their own line... in just one day.

LOS ANGELES, CA (December 1, 2011) - The fierce and competitive world of fashion gets even cattier with the premiere of the new series, 24 Hour Catwalk, beginning Tuesday, January 10, 2012, at 10pm ET/PT on Lifetime. Featuring television personality and global style icon Alexa Chung, four talented designers get the chance to create their own collection for the judging eyes of industry bigwigs. But, they must do so in only 24 hours! Who will have the vision, the talent and most importantly, the endurance to make it on the runway?

Hosted by Alexa Chung, each episode of 24 Hour Catwalk gives four designers the chance to compete to create their own line... in just one day. After a first cut challenge and elimination that will test their innovation and aesthetic, the competition whittles down to two, each tasked with creating a themed collection for their own star-studded runway show. Contestants will be on pins and needles when they, along with help of 24 Hour Catwalk's talented and opinionated sewing team, must prepare to showcase their three-piece collection to the program's judges, including renowned designer Cynthia Rowley, New York Times best-selling author and fashion editor Derek Blasberg and power publicist James LaForce. As the clock ticks down, tensions run high as 24 Hour Catwalk tests who has the will, desire and stamina to create clothes worthy of winning a $10,000 cash prize courtesy of Cover Girl and Herbal Essences.

Lifetime will give viewers an early look at "24 Hour Catwalk" on Thursday, January 5 at 10:00/9:00c behind the launch of "Project Runway All Stars," network sources have confirmed to the site.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 24 Hour Catwalk (Lifetime, Tuesdays 10pm)

I don't understand this show. Well, I mean I understand the premise, but the reality was very dark as in light deprived and dingy. The host is supposed to be a fashion icon, but my goodness her choice of TV clothing leaves a lot to be desired. It was good to see Cynthia Rowley as a judge, but the full audience, under a tent catwalk, was a puzzle. Do they really invite over 200 people to watch two three piece collections based on a theme, which this week was vintage? I mean, really?

Each week four "new" designers will face a cut out challenge and the surviving two will present that week's theme on the catwalk. The only saving grace so far is the personalities of the three seamstresses assigned to each of the two designers.

The looks and collections this week still looked rushed even with the expert help - the catwalk was weak and I'm not sure the show is worth watching.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This show is the fashion version of "Chopped". Didn't really care for it except for Cynthia Rowley.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    This show is the fashion version of "Chopped".
    LOL, I thought the exact same thing!

I didn't not care for the judges picks at all. In the first round, I was sure Rob would go home since he didn't include any of the garment they were given as the inspiration piece. I just wasn't sure who would be the second person out--the lady who finished way early or the other guy. I was shocked that the younger girl was booted because of lack of editing. You can always cut down on the amount of accessories and extra pieces but it's harder to make a contestant bring more to the table when they're lacking. I would have sent the older lady home because her top looked off-center and very garbage bag looking and the piece on top of it fit strangely, too.

The next round confirmed my choice that the older lady should have been sent home in the first round. I didn't like any of her collection. The construction was very poor on all of them and the pieces didn't create a cohesive theme. I thought they guy's collection was much better, despite the awful shoulders on the one outfit and the rookie mistake he made of making one of the outfits the wrong size for the model.

I was totally underwhelmed by this show. I'll watch a few more episodes, if there's nothing else on, but I don't think this will become one of my must-see shows.

Sheesh, could those "helpers" have had any more sour attitudes??? At least the blonde lady helping the guy was patient and helpful. The lady working on his jacket sure had a bad attitude. Perhaps if she hadn't been so crabby, he might have listened to her advice so she wouldn't have to redo her piece.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

Sheesh, could those "helpers" have had any more sour attitudes??? At least the blonde lady helping the guy was patient and helpful. The lady working on his jacket sure had a bad attitude. Perhaps if she hadn't been so crabby, he might have listened to her advice so she wouldn't have to redo her piece.
    I know! It was as if they (the producers) picked the worst possible "sewers" to supposedly help the designers. All of the helpers had horrible attitudes, especially the jacket lady. I laughed when she started complaining right off the bat that his design idea sounded like too much work.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The episode last night was a little better. I liked the contestants better. I noticed they had the same bad-attitude assistants.

And of course they had one guy who didn't follow the rules of the challenge and then acted surprised when he got cut.

I was happy that the 22 year old girl won. She had a good eye for fashion. I liked her outfit most in the first challenge, where they had to take a jershey shirt and transform it into an outfit for a mom on the go (like a soccor mom). She was the only one that did something out of the box with the jersey and she created so many separate pieces in only two hours! Her pieces for the glamping (glamorous camping) challenge were interesting, too. Less gaudy than the stuff done by the guy competing against her (Omar).

I had to laugh at her comment that she was going to wipe the floor with Omar and bedazzle his hat. Hahahahaha!

As soon as Omar said that there was no way he was going to get beaten by some 22 year old design school grad, I knew he was history LOL.

It will be interesting to see if JustBadAttitude "sewer" is always on the losing designer's team .

I will sum this past episode in two things:

1. Don't try to pull the wool over the eyes of these judges and try to claim you forgot that something was part of the challenge when you have said forget is in your hands. (I mean... really, he'd had a better shot had he NOT tried to lie and get out of it).

2. Don't think that "inexperience" is going to guarantee an easy win. I know of many people - all professions, who have little experience win these things.

BTW - I thought the rules say all things have to be sewn on the final 3 looks - the 24 hour challenge. If that's true, the fellow was out anyway because he hotglued his gems to a couple of the dresses.

I do not know if they use the same sewers every week. But the sewers made things happen for these two. I wish they did their own sewing. As it is, they could say make me a pant or a shirt with this fabric and it would be done. It does not say much.

I like the panel. The female judge attached candy bars to her show invitations once years ago.....good mental image.... JOY!
    You can do it!

Well I am glad Indacio came back. He was too emotional and not listening. Others have something to say. Listen.

In Indacio's defense, I do believe Gauthier or someone famous in the 90s hauled out black bustiers. And it was sexy. It was loud. It was in the moment, but not mindful. Nowadays, there is less drama and trauma if one is mindful.

I do not so much like the word sexy. Does the word mean someone should be rating you on a sex scale? I like the words good energy. You want to be around good energy. The sex energy is not necessarily a good energy.

I am sorry Indacio feels judged. Over emphasizing sex could make him feel judged. And young men of any persuasion over emphasize sex. To not feel rejection he should stop looking for acceptance from others who have their own problems.

I liked the feminity of the lady's design. Congratulations! And great work to all the sewers!!!
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast