+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Celebrity Wife Swap

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Does Tracy's husband not have a job? I love my husband and love our together time but if he was up my ass that much, I'd have plenty of fertilizer for the garden next summer. Geesh. And Carnie's husband is MIA in her life completely. From one extreme to the next.
    I didn't watch the show but I do know Tracy's husband used to be in film making years ago but not sure what he does now. His father murdered his mother when he was a teenager and he is on death row. I forget the name of the book now but I did follow the case for awhile. Tracy has OCD though so that might be something to deal with

I haven't watched either show yet because I didn't realize it had started. Both are scheduled now to record on DVR. I used to love Wife Swap and w/crazy celebs, this should be interesting.
    From what I've read here, I'm thinking poor Tracy, first anorexia and now OCD..would not want to be her.
    I didn't know Carnie's husband was so MIA. From everything I had always heard, while she involved the whole world in her weight loss/gain/loss/gain, etc, I always got the impression that he was a very supportive husband. Guess not.
    But being a child of crazy Brian Wilson must have caused a lot of damage. Maybe not for all his kids but I really think it had an effect on Carnie. She spoke about it once and apparently has a better relationship with her father now but still........
    Seems that some people just don't have the tools to get past childhood issues and I feel bad for them.

Who would've thought that one of the sanest, most civil, most positive Wife Swap -- ordinary or celeb -- would've happened on the Busey/Haggard episode?
    JavaJo likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The book about the murder of Tracey's husbands mom is called "Blind Faith"
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Who would've thought that one of the sanest, most civil, most positive Wife Swap -- ordinary or celeb -- would've happened on the Busey/Haggard episode?
    Certainly not me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I know, right? Gary is an odd duck but he's such a sweetheart. I absolutely didn't see that coming!! I loved watching him interact with his son. And his fiance, although a little wacky in her beliefs, seems so down to earth and sweet. I totally did not expect that.

Ted was a lot different than I thought he would be, too. I like that he takes full responsibility for his actions and that he was brave enough to go back to CS and face everyone. That took some courage. I really like his daughter, too. His wife..the only thing that bugged me about her was how she sometimes talked down to Gary...like he was a silly child instead of a successful adult.
    mom2 and Fanny Mare like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Finally catching up on this....Watched the Tracey/Carnie episode. I think both families learned something from each other. Tracey probably does have OCD but certainly isn't as up-tight about it as some I've seen. She (and her DH) seem very rigid about their chores/schedules but not crazy extreme. I would take her kitchen over Carnie's anyday..I like things neat and clean also but just not rigid.
    Carnie seemed a little surprised that her actions could play a big part in her husband's actions. She reminds me of women I know who doesn't like how their husbands treat them but berate them rather than using the "honey to catch the fly." I think her husband may have been MIA because she might have complained/scolded him about it.
    Tracey and her DH were far too structured for my tastes but they really seem to have a great relationship, and family. Some people just do better with a tight schedule. I think they could loosen up some but who am I to advise them???
    Can't wait to watch the Gary Busey/Ted Haggart show. Gary is nutty but I can deal with nutty. Ted I truly dislike. I really couldn't remember what the scandal was all about so I looked it up online. I don't have that much problem with his indescretions/drug use (we all make stupid mistakes) as I do the lying, blatent begging for money from people, when he didn't need it. Nor do I like the multitude of appearances on all the popular tv shows they possibly could get. All I see is a want for money and celebrity. Yep, that's the kind of minister I'd want to guide me!

I finally watched it. I have to say it took me back how calm everyone was. Also, how much love was in each family. I enjoyed this one every much.The next one looks like a train wreck.
    mom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    The book about the murder of Tracey's husbands mom is called "Blind Faith"

Wow - I remember watching the mini-series about that starring Robert Urich & Joanna Kerns. Weird - didn't she play Tracey Gold's mother on Growing Pains? Maybe that's where they met?

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Wow - I remember watching the mini-series about that starring Robert Urich & Joanna Kerns. Weird - didn't she play Tracey Gold's mother on Growing Pains? Maybe that's where they met?
    She introduced them while she was doing the movie.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread