+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 163
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Celebrity Wife Swap

  1. #11
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,932

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Does Tracy's husband not have a job? I love my husband and love our together time but if he was up my ass that much, I'd have plenty of fertilizer for the garden next summer. Geesh. And Carnie's husband is MIA in her life completely. From one extreme to the next.
    Well, he did mention that he was heading to the office after he dropped one of his sons off to either a music lesson or sports thing, so I am guessing that yes, he does have some sort of a job. I was kind of amazed how "in sync" Roby and Tracy were, though. Her house was immaculate and their sons seemed so well-behaved. When the couples met at the end to discuss I felt so bad for Carnie... she seemed to envy that closeness that Tracy and her husband shared. And yes, Carnie's husband was completely MIA... I felt so sad for his daughters... he is missing out by not being present in their lives. Very sad situation.

    I enjoyed last night's show but don't think I am interested in crazy Busey nor the reverend's wife swaps.

  2. #12
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,653

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    I just watched this..Tracy has said she has OCD.It seems to me the family know this, and they deal with it.Poor Carnie her DH is really MIA.I dont see that marriage lasting, but I hope I am wrong.She has low self esteem, and she shouldnt have, she is so fun.

  3. #13
    Premium Member canuckinchile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    back in "The Big Smoke"
    Posts
    6,962

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    Carnie's husband comes across as a dud to me.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,014

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Does Tracy's husband not have a job? I love my husband and love our together time but if he was up my ass that much, I'd have plenty of fertilizer for the garden next summer. Geesh. And Carnie's husband is MIA in her life completely. From one extreme to the next.
    Yeah, I think this show delights in opposites. Tonight should be a weird one with Ted Haggard and Gary Busey. They're both whackadoos!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  5. #15
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I felt so bad for Carnie... she seemed to envy that closeness that Tracy and her husband shared. And yes, Carnie's husband was completely MIA... I felt so sad for his daughters... he is missing out by not being present in their lives. Very sad situation.
    Her situation may be sad, but Tracy's life depresses me more than Carnie's does. Rules, regulations, restrictions, more rules. It seriously makes me want to cry, thinking about living like that.
    Florimel and JavaJo like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #16
    Fly it proudly FlyAKite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in my happy place
    Posts
    582

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    Ok, I had to watch the train wreck of the Busey/Haggard wife swap. The problem that I have with Busey's "wife" is that she is the girlfriend. They have a 2 year old son and she wears a wedding ring but they haven't gone thru with the ceremony.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

  7. #17
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,653

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Her situation may be sad, but Tracy's life depresses me more than Carnie's does. Rules, regulations, restrictions, more rules. It seriously makes me want to cry, thinking about living like that.
    I would have to choose the rules.I couldn't live with all my counters covered and food left out( and thats with help) plus a husband that doesn't care if he eats with his family.I didn't know it was on again tonight.

  8. #18
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would have to choose the rules.I couldn't live with all my counters covered and food left out( and thats with help) plus a husband that doesn't care if he eats with his family.I didn't know it was on again tonight.
    Because of his schedule, my husband and I don't eat together often and it doesn't bother me. We've still been married, happily, for twenty-five years, which we wouldn't have done if I had some a**hole telling me I had to get the laundry done before I could leave the house for the day, or who had to know where I was every minute of every hour.

    And with respect to tonight's episode, I'm quite surprised to not be hating anyone. Disagree with, certainly, hate, no. I do wish they would stop yammering on about their invisible friend and his regulations, but I guess it's to be expected.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  9. #19
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,653

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Because of his schedule, my husband and I don't eat together often and it doesn't bother me. We've still been married, happily, for twenty-five years, which we wouldn't have done if I had some a**hole telling me I had to get the laundry done before I could leave the house for the day, or who had to know where I was every minute of every hour.

    And with respect to tonight's episode, I'm quite surprised to not be hating anyone. Disagree with, certainly, hate, no. I do wish they would stop yammering on about their invisible friend and his regulations, but I guess it's to be expected.
    I often eat alone, but my DH would never wonder off and hide behind creativity.Tracy wanted to get the washing done, its part of OCD. I would rather have clean clothes than nothing to wear. Each to their own I guess

  10. #20
    I won't forget Cootie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the garden
    Posts
    2,403

    Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

    What I got from the Carnie/Tracy switch is that both couples learned about the value of something from the opposite lifestyle. Carnie became more aware of paying attention to her husband and he to her. And Tracy became more aware that her kids may enjoy letting loose a little more. And maybe her husband, too? I thought that episode was pretty well done and respectful even though the couples were so different than each other. Carnie's husband working at home was tricky - he was there, but he wasn't - many creative types are like that. He needed to take time to walk away for some minutes each day and focus on his young family. He seemed to understand that by the end of the episode. And Carnie may have learned to expect more from the relationship so they could connect up more.
    mom2, AmyKay, Eastcoastmom and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.