+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Celebrity Wife Swap

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

LOL, my kids said a lot of things. Fun when the camera is there, take them away and the desire to do dishes goes..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I used to like doing the dishes when my turn came around the ages of 11-13. That's because my best friend would be there and we would mess around getting each other soaking wet and covered in suds. But we got the job done, lol.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

David Justice and Dweezel Zappa was a very interesting swap, perhaps the most interesting one this season. David's lifestyle is way OTT, but this is a man who once married Halle Berry so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that he likes the finer things. I really felt like Vanessa agreed to do the swap because she wanted someone to come in and make David take an interest in his daughter. When the flight attendant mentioned having him spend more time with the daughter her face lit up like Oh thank goodness.

I think people do this show for different reasons, but I believe everyone has a hope of a new person coming in and changing one particular thing, be it more romance or more time with a certain kid or whatever. Vanessa Justice came off very stuck up and pampered, but I do know she doesn't just live off David's money. She has her own thhing going too with her design business. I respect that. David has a history of an ego. Just go watch Moneyball if you want to see him really put in his place because that batting cage scene was priceless. I do think he's a very smart man though. He graduated high school at 16 and junior college at 18. He should make his kids do certain things around the house to teach them how to be productive adults. They may not always have the ousekeepers and such so why not teach them to do laundry and mop and sweep? I like how he says they must do well in school though because a good work ethic in the classroom can produce a good work ethic in the work force.

For Dweezel, I love him. Their life is so simple and sweet and not at all rock star like. Of course he comes from hippies so it makes sense. I think he could do with a little more opulance and David with a little less. Six cars is overkill but the tiny house Dweezel lives in should be a bit bigger and hhave a play room for the little girl. And I don't think walking five minutes to the store is that hard. I think this girl will grow up well adjusted and not at all materialistic whhich is refreshing in Hollywood. I enjoyed this week a lot and hope we'll get more like it as opposed to Jermaine Jackson and Robin Leach.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fogey

Barry Williams, from "the Brady Bunch," was on the show. He's immature and selfish. His son is the mature one. When Williams left the stage for a costume change during his stage show, he ran into the assistant, as if he still was a Big Star. Also, Williams made sure that the viewers knew that the relationship with his assistant is platonic... although I don't think anyone cares. one way or the other, about that fact.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 07-12-2014 at 07:17 PM.

I never watched The Brady Bunch, but I remember seeing the actors pictured in the commercials for the show many, many moons ago. But he looks just like he did when he was a kid, in a creepy Botox sorta' way. He has such a wonderful, intelligent, charming son and yet I was gobsmacked that some stranger had to come into his life to point out that his son was not having a childhood, something he totally missed out on. Heck, Michael Jackson had a better bead on this for making sure his kids were encouraged to be "kids", since he also missed out on a childhood. And, Joe Piscopo? Oy, whatta' mess as far as personal life! I wonder where these children's, Joe's and Barry's, mothers are? All of them really need a fulltime Mom. 'Cause the dads are all about themselves and their 'careers'. No wonder celebrity offspring have so many problems. The parents are usually all wrapped up in themselves and in hanging on to celebrity at any cost.

I watched this one too. Both guys came across badly, but Joe Piscopo was a total jerk & seemed sexist to boot. His "assistant" didn't come across any better. She didn't seem to have any skills whatsoever that an assistant should have. Completely incompetent. I kind of had the impression that she was more of a booty call that he gave a title to, to sort of legitimize it. Her odd jealousy over the other gal & the fact that Joe applied to a dating site kind of showed that too.

Barry Williams' assistant seemed to be competent & caring & had the expected skills. But he seemed like he thought the world revolved around him.

I felt sorry for the children in both cases.

All in all the show was pretty much a mess. Have they completely run out of celebrity wives? Even long time live in girlfriends or ex-wives were better that this. Swapping personal assistants was stretching the premise of the show a bit too far.
    Punkin and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

The couple from the Hamptons are "too rich." Even though the wife shops until she drops, they still have too much money. Their swimming pool looks larger than the swimming pool at a typical high school.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The couple from the Hamptons are "too rich." Even though the wife shops until she drops, they still have too much money. Their swimming pool looks larger than the swimming pool at a typical high school.
    I missed the very beginning of the show. Who the heck were these people? Was is a Celebrity Wife Swap or just a regular one?

I agree about the Hamptons wife. She was judgemental & completely out of touch with how regular people live. I think she was also very impressed with herself.

I did like how both couples learned something from this & adapted a little. After the initial snipping at each other, the wives were able to listen and appreciate what the other tried to do.
    Good ending.

Next one: Soap Stars. Should be fun.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I missed the very beginning of the show. Who the heck were these people? Was is a Celebrity Wife Swap or just a regular one?

I agree about the Hamptons wife. She was judgemental & completely out of touch with how regular people live. I think she was also very impressed with herself.

I did like how both couples learned something from this & adapted a little. After the initial snipping at each other, the wives were able to listen and appreciate what the other tried to do.
    Good ending.

Next one: Soap Stars. Should be fun.
    The wealthy couple were from a "Real Housewives" TV show. The average income woman was "Six" from the "Blossom" TV show, starring Mayim Bialik.

I didnt enjoy this one, it was a bit of a snooze fest. Next week looks better
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread