+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Celebrity Wife Swap

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I don't know if he was instructed to be playing up his part or what, but I thought Robin Leach was a pompous a$$. Probably the most NON down to earth "celebrity" I've ever seen. His woman-in-his-life seems quite happy with him, but she wasn't much better. A snooty stuck up Rich B**ch.

The Roberts's were a bit too down to earth, but both were extremely nice & seem to have a very happy & content life together. They're good for each other.

Both had nice homes in their respective ways, but Leach's was WAAAAAAYYYYY too ostentatious. Everything about them screamed "putting on a show", and "ain't we important".
    The Roberts's were the opposite. No airs put on at all. But boy, was his wife a knockout when Robin had her all dolled up for show.

I'd rather hang out with the Roberts's any day of the week!
    Oh I think Robin played that part up. I liked the Roberts, but please don't feed the cats on the tables. I hate fur in my food.. I would like something in-between the two families, I think Eric is a bit of a baby
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Larry Birkhead/Helio Castroneves

This was one messed up exchange. Birkhead is still depressed over crazy-A Anna Niclole's death, and pretty much seems to have zero rules for Danni Lynn. He is courting future trouble. Birkhead's sister is Larry's Anna Nicole's stand-in; she is a rough-looking woman. Theirs is a fast-food house, so that everybody will be happy. Little interest in housekeeping, and Danni Lynn doesn't have to do anything. Larry "cleans up" after she's gone to bed. Larry is also still mourning the deaths of his mother and father, and is stuck in a sadness rut. Danni Lynn wants her daddy to date and have a girlfriend. Danny Lynn's cousin is also part of her immediate family circle. The girls are about the same age. The family is finally getting home-cooked food and Danny Lynn is loving that!

Helio's girlfriend, Adriana, comes in with rules and requirements, much to Larry's dismay. His first question to Adriana was "Are you strict?" Helio's home is very sexist. Women have their jobs/chores, and he's just there to have a good time and enjoy himself. Helio's daughter, while adorable, is a whiney. They have a woman who comes in to prepare meals, but speaks no English; it's the job of the woman of the house to supervise the meal preparation. I could no more tolerate being treated like Helio's girlfriend is than the man in the moon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Larry has always been shy, and it looks like somewhat of a pushover. I hated how dirty the rooms were, clutter and more clutter. Danni Lynne looks she is thriving that's the main thing. Helios girlfriends, control freak, no middle ground from what she eats to how they live .Helio was more accepting of change, and he seemed to open to trying at least
    -Andy Rooney-

From what I saw, I think Helio is all about Helio.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    From what I saw, I think Helio is all about Helio.
    Well I guess we saw it differently. I don't think he is home that much, we saw him race, it was fantastic. I couldn't live with her and all her rules, yikes
    -Andy Rooney-

She has structure, which I think is a good idea. She gets to stay home and do "women's work"; he goes about playing with his friends. A Puerto Rican friend of mine used to say that Puerto Rican men were not a good match for Puerto Rican women, but they worked well for non-Puerto Rican women. I got the impression that it was a Latin thing. The men can be very macho and old-school when it comes to their women; apparently, a lot of Latin women are indoctrinated to put up with their crap.

I have structure, but not like her.( I would take off in my boat) I think both roles suited them well in their relationship. Larry sister seems to drag him down and she expects a lot from him
    -Andy Rooney-

Now see, I got the impression that she expects as little of him and his brother and Danni Lynn and Chloe(?) as they expect of themselves. She had decided to try to do things differently after she returned from the exchange. Danni Lynn seemed anxious to try a different way. She kind of seems like a child that is crying out for some structure.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Now see, I got the impression that she expects as little of him and his brother and Danni Lynn and Chloe(?) as they expect of themselves. She had decided to try to do things differently after she returned from the exchange. Danni Lynn seemed anxious to try a different way. She kind of seems like a child that is crying out for some structure.
    At that age they cry out for a lot, I mean she wants to see her dad date? seriously? I bet it never crossed her little mind
    -Andy Rooney-

She SAID it.

I've seen kids get into that "I want to wash dishes," phase; "I like to clean up," phase. My niece was like that. She thought those things were fun!

+ Reply to Thread