+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Celebrity Wife Swap

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

It was actually better than I thought it would be.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

I actually loved this episode. To me, it was what the show can be if it does good. Both families helped the other see things they were missing out on. I think it probably helped that Tripp and Cooper are both only child boys, but are far enough apart in age that there wasn't really direct competition / comparison. I'm glad Sarah Palin did not appear ... Although I'm curious to know if she would have shown as much compassion to Melissa that Joan did towards Bristol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I actually loved this episode. To me, it was what the show can be if it does good.
    I thought the exact same thing after watching tonight's show. I'm a HUGE fan of Joan and Melissa Rivers (for reasons I won't get into here) and I became a bigger fan after watching how kind and helpful they were to Bristol and Willow. It melted my heart watching Joan express her fondness for Bristol - and when Bristol realized that she and Melissa have much in common by virtue of being single moms to young boys (I sensed she really liked being able to talk with someone going through the same situation).

Bristol was a huge surprise. She was far more charming on tonight's show than she ever was on DWTS. She is maturing. She was very good with both Cooper AND Joan.

I liked that Joan kept an open mind about the whole experience - and that Bristol learned to do the same in return.

What a lovely show this was, and I'd like to see more Palin + Rivers interaction.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-24-2013 at 02:35 AM.
    Ellen likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After seeing how Bristol was choosing to raise her son, I couldn't help but wonder how she and her siblings were raised. It gave me the shudders. It also made me think, "No wonder Sarah Palin looked nuts!" I also watched the interaction between Tripp(?) and his grandfather.....at least he was there. I couldn't help but wonder where Melissa's son's father was; he looked like he craved and needed that male attention. It just looked like something was missing. He had all of the money and surroundings he needed, but he seemed to be missing a crucial element that women can't provide to a boy child.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-24-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had grown to thoroughly dislike Joan and Melissa Rivers after their stint on Celebrity Apprentice. It was nice to see they can be pleasant, kind women.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I really loved this one. I guess both Bristol and Melissa have had to defend their mothers.
    I cant get over how healthy Bristol looks, her hair and skin are wonderful . Cooper was so well behaved and smart, but I am so glad he got to go fishing and let loose. Joan in the end was such a big softy- this was a great swap! never judge a book by that cover
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Bristol's a chip off her mother's shoulder, which is too bad. If you're raised to always be in a defensive posture, then you interpret simple questions as an attack. It's a good thing those guys at dinner didn't ask what she reads. That said, it was a better show than I expected. Melissa is clearly a great mom, judging from how Cooper turned out and how she handled Tripp. She could be the next Jo Frost.
    prhoshay, Ellen and Imperfect1 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I think Bristol's a chip off her mother's shoulder, which is too bad. If you're raised to always be in a defensive posture, then you interpret simple questions as an attack. It's a good thing those guys at dinner didn't ask what she reads. That said, it was a better show than I expected. Melissa is clearly a great mom, judging from how Cooper turned out and how she handled Tripp. She could be the next Jo Frost.

He was much better on this show( even surrounded by lots of help) I saw him on their own show and Copper was a real smart mouth I think Bristol is very very shy. But nobody on this show was worse than the other for me ( JMHO)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why would him having a "smart mouth" be a surprise? His grandmother is Joan Rivers! It's hereditary. I am sure they can reel him in when they think they should, and I'm guessing he knows not to push it when that happens. Children watch and learn.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think the difference in coopers behavior between this and their other show demonstrates good upbringing. He will make smart comments to Joan and especially to Melissa. But he knows to back off with strangers. To me, that shows he's been taught to respect adults he encounters. It seems like Melissa hasn't waited for him to get older to teach him proper behavior, but rather expected it from him all along.
    prhoshay, Ellen and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread