+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Celebrity Wife Swap

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

So Ididn't miss the Gilbert Godfried??? Yea!

Gilbert Gottfried was two weeks ago. I couldn't watch it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    Gilbert Gottfried was two weeks ago. I couldn't watch it.
    His voice drives me crazy( plus he's cheap)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

UGH! I am bummed I missed it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night was bizarre....Tea Partiers (Baggers) and polyamorous people. The Tea Baggers were all freaked out and would not complete the show with a final discussion with their counterparts. I don't know the Tea Bagger Dad's name, but he used to be a politician. Those kinds of people are scary....and to think that they are raising and shaping children.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Last night was bizarre....Tea Partiers (Baggers) and polyamorous people. The Tea Baggers were all freaked out and would not complete the show with a final discussion with their counterparts. I don't know the Tea Bagger Dad's name, but he used to be a politician. Those kinds of people are scary....and to think that they are raising and shaping children.
    That was one weird trade. If you pardon my saying so, the religious people did not come out of that looking too good at all. I think the political guy's name was John Louden or something close to that. He had been a state senator in a state like South Carolina.

Boy was he a twirp (replacement word for what I really think of him) who couldn't/wouldn't even attempt to play by the rules. I felt really sorry for the children in that house. So much negativity: "We're the only ones who are right and everyone else is wrong wrong wrong."

Won't they be surprised when they get out into the actual world and see how many different kinds of people and ideas there are out there! And how most of them are the exact opposite from what mommy and daddy taught them.
    prhoshay likes this.

I watched this one too. I thought both sides came off badly. The children seemed to be the only open minded & accepting people on the show.
    I thought Tea Party Wife's worst moment was when she tried to kick the girlfriend out of her own home, basically putting her out on the street & then had the gaul to act as if it was a positive thing she (Tea Party) was doing for girlfriend.

Polyamorous Wife wasn't any better. For someone who claimed to be so open minded, she was just as closed minded. Refusing to accept the fact that the other family was different from her & had different ideas/beliefs. Playing the victim instead of just trying to find common ground.
    I thought her rule about refusing any mention of God or Religion, as if it was something bad, was closed minded, judgemental & mean.

A couple of self important couples is what they were. Both thinking that the way they were put them above others.
    Nasty nasty people.

Both sides did manage to raise some very decent & well mannered children. I was surprised how open the children were to accepting the new "Moms" & trying their ways.
    The adults need to learn a few things about acceptance from their kids.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 03-31-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Miss Scarlet, you said everything so well and I couldn't agree more.
    The problem isn't having different viewpoints but rather refusing to respect others' beliefs, insisting that your way is the only way.
    Both sets of parents were awful. Everything they complained about was exactly what they were guilty of also.
    So blinded by their beliefs.

FORT Fan

Did anyone see Wife Swap last night (Thursday night)? I didn't since there were several other shows I wanted to watch like BBT.
    On the other hand Two and a Half Men (which is also on opposite Wife Swap) is getting so bad--the writing is really awful--that I don't even bother with watching for more than a few minutes anymore to confirm my suspicion that this show should be out the door.
    Last edited by Orion Nebula; 04-05-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Orion, I started watching the last episode but haven't finished it yet. It looks promising as to lots of drama.
    Some of these people are just crazy-making. The Beauty Queen wife is something else! I really hate it when parents schedule their children's' life so much that they never have a free moment to be just a kid.

+ Reply to Thread