+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Celebrity Wife Swap

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't believe for a minute that Kate does all of that by herself. She had her "friend" there with Kendra the whole time. I'd better dollars to doughnuts that that is her nanny. And Kate going on and on about how she doesn't take time for herself? LMAO! Plastic surgery, trips without the kids to promote her books and she finds time to work out. She's a joke.
    Deanna is Kate's makeup artist and newest BFF. She will disappear, too, once she catches on to how Kate uses her "friends".

And you are right about Kate going on and on about not having time for herself. What a lie. Even before her kids were away 8-9 hours a day at school, she ALWAYS made time to travel alone with her "bodyguard". Early on, she said that things worked out best when she was home for a week and then away for a week. She is most definitely not lacking in "Me time".
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Doesn't she get her alone time when the kids are with Jon?
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

That's a very good point!

She should date and have fun when the kids are with Jon. I am not and never will be a Kate fan, but I think she's doing (from what the cameras show) a great job with her kids. AND she was on point that little Hank is certainly old enough to pick up toys and eat with utensils.

I did feel horrible for Kendra when Kate began at the sitdown. Kendra looked so wounded!

I am so glad I watched this epi!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Doesn't she get her alone time when the kids are with Jon?

FORT Fogey

Kate and Kendra, I think the alone time was meant that everyday she should carve out an hour or so to do something for herself. I think she must do this. Hank Jr, learned to use utensils too quickly for it to be his first time with them. A lot of manipulating goes into these shows.

Coolio and Mark. I liked Mimi a lot, very solid woman. I was glad to see she left Coolio who is a jackass. I was shocked to see how Mark and his wife cater to the kids. Zowie. I did not find them compelling at all. Loved the grandparents though.

I loved Mimi, Coolio is an #ss. She doesn't need 4 children.

I also enjoyed Mark. even if he hovers
    elleprn likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wow! I wish I had started recording this show........reading the posts here regarding Kate G, and then finding her "letter" of info for Kendra on the ABC site, tells me I missed a good show. I could NOT believe her LISTS.....I thought it was a military manual.
    I'm not against kids having chores and being on a schedule but this was incredibly strict...no room for any error...at all!
    I've never had 8 kids so maybe I'm not the one to judge....and maybe this is what you need with just a mom and 8 kids.
    But still....wow!
    ABC.com - Celebrity Wife Swap - The Kate Gosselin Household Manual

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I find this show so interesting for so many reasons. Obviously we gain our parenting skills from our parents, and pick and choose which traits we will use once we have children. I love how these couples are seeing something different, something other than what they know. One may think they are doing everything right, yet find another perspective to see and help nurture what you have already or see where you are making mistakes. And you can't find that out until you live in another's shoes.

I heart Mark McGrath but couldn't believe how overprotective he was with his children. They cannot grow and thrive in that environment. Coolio's wife was right in that they gain more confidence to try new things when you give them the opportunity to rise to the challenge.

I, too was happy that Coolio's gf saw the light that she could do better and moved on.

One thing I do not like is that they've had two (moderatly)successful black men on the show that perpetuate the stereotype that they aren't willing to be present in their families lives. Flava Flav and Coolio were too self absorbed and it seemed like they didn't have much interest in their family. Surely they can find successful black men who are totally into the family life and are wonderful fathers.
    causingchaos likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

TI Would be great!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

Did anyone see last night's show? The tv schedule I checked had the wrong time listed for it so by the time I changed channels I was confronted with those mopes from The Taste.

How was Gilbert Godfried? Is he as annoying in RL as he is in commercials etc? I hope not. And I wonder what Alan Thicke is like off the stage too. As calm as he is on tv?

FORT Fan

Last night's show was just plain old "Wife Swap" with no celebrities.

It was really weird, with one woman being from Las Vegas and the other from an "off the grid" old-fashioned farm. The farm lady's family is very religious and there for mostly religious reasons. The Vegas lady had a live-in "manny" a male nanny who was her best friend and gay.

The usual "frivolities" ensued with the farm family saying all sorts of awful stuff about gays.....

+ Reply to Thread