+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Fear Factor

Re: Fear Factor

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I was drving back to work after lunch today and heard that tonight's episode of Fear Factor got shelved. A repeat episode will air instead. That made me wonder why the other episode got pulled so I looked it up on the internet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/fear-factor-stunt-pulled-nbc-parent-company-comcast-article-1.1014016?localLinksEnabled=fa lse

After reading this article, I can see why the episode was canned. They really went overboard on the gross factor. I feel sorry for the contentants who participated! I wonder if the winners still got the money if the episode never aired.
    Another reason NOT to compete on this show!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

They've been covering that little saga on TMZ for a few days and every darned article has a picture of glasses full of that stuff. BLECH. Nice to know that, even if the producers don't have a "line," the network does.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

OMGosh! I actually gasped when I read that headline!

I think we were supposed to get the episode last week with people having to shave their heads. I actually really wanted to see that, but it got preempted for the GOP debate. I am going to hope they just air that one instead for us!

It was fun first time around, once again ( like other shows) they have to push the envelope, and the donkey stunt is sick

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    They've been covering that little saga on TMZ for a few days and every darned article has a picture of glasses full of that stuff. BLECH. Nice to know that, even if the producers don't have a "line," the network does.
    RE the TMZ coverage. The comment that the one young lady made was a bit over the line of "good taste" (pun intended) IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was fun first time around, once again ( like other shows) they have to push the envelope, and the donkey stunt is sick
    I don't mind them eating bugs or balut but really this?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

At least things like balut and insects are eaten in other countries so although they're bizarre to us, they do qualify as food. Does any culture really consume animal urine and the other liquid mentioned in the article as food??? I don't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    At least things like balut and insects are eaten in other countries so although they're bizarre to us, they do qualify as food. Does any culture really consume animal urine and the other liquid mentioned in the article as food??? I don't think so!
    Some do drink blood.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't want to say what else they had to drink on the show since that probably wouldn't be appropriate for this site. It wasn't blood.

I've been hearing about this for days now, but have yet to hear what happened to the contestants that actually participated in the stunt in order to qualify to the next round... Assuming people actually completed it, what happened to their "glory" of having the episode air?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast