+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dragonlady

Thread: Brides of Beverly Hills

Brides of Beverly Hills

I've never seen this show before, but while watching Say Yes to the Dress, they advertised it and Rachel from Big Brother was going to be on it. So I recorded it and watched it this morning. Rachel, along 2 of her friends, came to the store to find a wedding dress. She ended up leaving without a dress because she couldn't make a decision.

Re: Brides of Beverly Hilsl

I started watching it for the very same reason...seeing ads after Say Yes to the Dress.
    But I wanted to see Mamie Van Doren, because I'm a child of the '50's. Yes, for an 80 yr old woman, she doesn't look old and frail but she does look strange. Long, long platinum hair, gobs of makeup, slender (except for the telltale middle age spread). She certainly is maintaining her "brand."
    But what impressed me was her wonderful husband. He seemed so kind, so agreeable and totally smitten with his wife.
    They were there to buy a dress for their vow-renewal ceremony.
    Mamie was one smart cookie to marry a quiet sweet dentist rather than some of the movie stars she once dated.
    You could tell that her husband does NOT see an 80 yr old woman but the Mamie of his dreams. He's obviously younger but still elderly.
    I also loved that Dr. 90210 pursuaded the owner of the bridal store NOT to have plastic surgery but learn to love her beautiful face. He suggested laser treatments, which I'm thinking of researching. Personally, I never want plastic surgery but laser treatment twice a year to get a "lift" sounds pretty good.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I started watching it for the very same reason...seeing ads after Say Yes to the Dress.
    But I wanted to see Mamie Van Doren, because I'm a child of the '50's. Yes, for an 80 yr old woman, she doesn't look old and frail but she does look strange. Long, long platinum hair, gobs of makeup, slender (except for the telltale middle age spread). She certainly is maintaining her "brand."
    But what impressed me was her wonderful husband. He seemed so kind, so agreeable and totally smitten with his wife.
    They were there to buy a dress for their vow-renewal ceremony.
    Mamie was one smart cookie to marry a quiet sweet dentist rather than some of the movie stars she once dated.
    You could tell that her husband does NOT see an 80 yr old woman but the Mamie of his dreams. He's obviously younger but still elderly.
    God bless her, considering the way some of those women went, she is a survivor and happy!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    God bless her, considering the way some of those women went, she is a survivor and happy!
    Yes, I really admired her happy and upbeat attitude.

Re: Brides of Beverly Hills

I like this show...afraid Kevin seems to only like neon
    You can do it!

I've watched this show a few times now.... I want to like it but can't seem to get past the corny background music and that ridiculous Kevin. I can't tell if this is a reality show or not. Everyone seems like there acting. Kevin especially... however he could really use some acting lessons.

To me, this show feels like a cheap knockoff of SYTTD. I can't stand that Kevin guy, he's way over the top and not interesting in the least. I am already tired of seeing his face over on Bravo, lol.

The owner of the shop is sweet but she comes across as fake and scripted and the show just isn't interesting to me at all. I don't know why since they are similar, but I far prefer SYTTD, love that show....it's done better and Randy is far more interesting than Kevin.

And, alas, when we don't pay our taxes, our inventory is siezed:

"Brides of Beverly Hills" Store Raided, Deputies Seize All Wedding Dresses: LAist

Well, darn, I just found this show...and I guess there won't be anymore new ones.
    I really liked the owner. Guess she didn't have insurance against lawsuits, which is odd to me if you have a lucrative business.
    And $500K sounds like an awful lot for a disgruntled ex-employee. Must have been something pretty bad for that kind of judgement. Or maybe I just don't know much about that stuff.

+ Reply to Thread