+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mad Fashion with Chris March (Bravo, Tuesdays 10PM)

Re: Mad Design with Chris March (Bravo, Tuesdays 10PM)

I had mixed feelings. That was a Bond girl outfit? No wonder the client looked unhappy. I was thinking more Max Max punk/post-apocalyptic there. I haven't seen every Bond film, though, so have I missed something?

OTOH, I loved Chris and his team. That guy who worked with the steel had me LOL. He and Chris remind me of those two guys on "Mythbusters." I'm also so glad that Chris treats them like equals, not like peasants who need to follow his vision no matter what (like a couple of designers over on PR). I loved those frowns the team had when Chris introduced his idea. Yeah, he may have still run with it, but at least he respected them enough to listen to their objections.

"Bring on the shoe carnage!" I think I might make that my new signature. I will definitely come back.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Best part watching everyone talking about their favorite Bond Girl and the young one says the Charlie Angels Girls then says she needs a movie reference list from Chris.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I don't think she did, but because she liked the jacket dress she took it in stride. Whether she would like it and whether Chris' stubbornness would pay off added drama to the show. This one is a keeper.
    She was on this show to promote herself, which was a great idea. She wants to be up there with Jimmy Cho and Blahnik and be the choice of the stars for the red carpet. And a household name. The pic of her in the dress is on her site.

I think she definately gave permission to do what he wanted with those shoes. She didn't know what he would create and if I read her correctly she really didn't like the skirt. It worked without it so she didn't have to wear it all night. Didn't really matter because she accomplised exposing herself and her business.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-07-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'm ambivalent about the show. I'll watch again, but I thought it was only okay. I like Chris and his staff. I liked the outfit without the aluminum skirt. I thought it was very creative how he used the shoes on the shoulders - sticking shoes on the aluminum skirt, not so much. It made for a great PR photo for the client though.

I probably won't watch again. I like Chris and his crew but it didn't hold my interest at all. Almost too outlandish. And I never saw anything that looked like a Bond girl would wear.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I probably won't watch again. I like Chris and his crew but it didn't hold my interest at all. Almost too outlandish. And I never saw anything that looked like a Bond girl would wear.
    I agree. I took it off my DVR.

Last night's episode was much better. I loved that glittery dress, although I felt sorry for the client since the material was so scratchy. And I'm glad that Chris listened to his client and modified the dress. Again, it's a refreshing change from PR where certain designers think they're God and disdain their clients.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Why was it necessary to bring Danielle into Dina's episode?? I'm guessing it was Bravo's call, just to show some Jersey Housewife drama. Still, unnecessary and I hate to see her get any more camera time.

Why couldn't he put a liner in the dress? I'm not a seamstress, so I'm just askin?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I wondered the same thing myself while he was making it. What's the point of having a fabric that's going to make people feel miserable? I can't imagine that too many people would wear it. Wearing a corset is one thing. You just have to take smaller breaths and not move too quickly. I can't imagine wearing a dress that made your entire body feel miserable for a couple of hours.

I thought he did put in a liner. She scratched her knuckles from handling the outside of the material. How great was it that she was the host for the charity where one of his staff was honored.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast