+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dirty Soap (E!)

Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

I caught the repeat last night and I also mentioned to my DH about the butt kissing thing. The truth came out when she was sitting in the car, she is mad he didnt shake her hand when they were introduced. Understandable, but after 3 years she should have given him a chance by now. From what we see he treats her good and she is happy, so mom just needs to deal.
    I can understand both sides of the Farah coin. She just wants to know that SOMEDAY, not necessarily tomorrow, he will marry her. But pressuring him just makes things worse.
    and can i just say Kelly Monaco is very beautiful. Ive never watched ABC soaps so the only thing I knew her from was DWTS.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I'm way behind on watching episodes of this show, although they are recorded, just waiting for me. I'm surprised that I'm enjoying it so much because I only knew Nadja and Galen because the only soap I watch is Days of our Lives. But I'm finding that these people and their lives are so interesting.
    I think it's scripted to make Galen's wife look so needy and I also felt the idea of having another baby was also. It just didn't seem natural and easy so maybe the producers thought it'd bring some drama into their story because they seem just nice, happy and normal.
    I'm not sure I believe Farrah when she explains her relationship with JP, like she did with her father on the episode I just watched...that's how far behind I am! I think she'd love it if JP wanted to get married soon. I believe he really loves her but just doesn't love the idea of marriage.
    I probably sound just like my mother here but why would he want to get married, since they live together and have everything married people do except he still has that "precious" thing called freedom. My mother would probably add: why buy a cow, when you get the milk for free, etc etc.
    I know I sound old fashioned and out of it, but I know I'd never move in together w/o marriage. I'd hate to miss the fun of starting life together after you get married.
    I don't mean to offend anyone who does believe in it. Works for some and doesn't for others.

There's been practically a news blackout as far as Kirsten is concerned. She hasn't tweeted at all in the last few months and the most recent news stories are just relating what was said on this show about her health. I hope she's just laying low and recovering. She's been off GH for an awfully long time and her replacement is not nearly as good.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Finally finished watching my recorded episodes of this show. I found it to be a lot more interesting than I thought I would. I like seeing people, who we think have such a great life, deal with the same problems we all have.
    I think Farah is facing a losing battle. I know she loves JP but he's still a boy-child and I don't think he'll ever change...at least, not in the time frame that Farah has. It's obvious that for a time, she was happy with the arrangement but as she ages and matures, she's thinking about her desire to have a family and a committed husband. She'll need to decide what she wants the most....a comfortable living arrangement with a boy she loves or family. Sometimes we can love someone but we can't fulfill the needs we really want and then, even if they do marry, it usually doesn't last...and that's mostly unfortunate for the children they have.

Nadja really needs to get a backbone when it comes to her disturbingly mean mother. I'm surprised her boyfriend continues to put up with this. Nadja needs to tell her mother that she stops what she's doing or she's not a part of her life. Her mother wants to control Nadja even as an adult and that's just wrong. If Nadja and her boyfriend really love each other and want to get married, Nadja needs to put him first, not her mother.
    Personally, that's what I would expect if I was committed to someone in this situation. If she doesn't, it foretells what their future will be like and that won't work for very long.
    For both of these couples: finding the right person to be with is really hard but marriage is even harder so it's important that you both agree on the big fundamentals before you marry.
    Ok, done with my sermon now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234