+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dirty Soap (E!)

Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

Wow, Kirsten and Farah have one messed up relationship! I can't figure out which of them is worse. Farah says Kirsten brings all the drama and talks smack about her to other people, but then we see Farah gossiping about Kristen and trashing her with her little boyfriends. Kirsten tells the camera that she wants to work things out and it seems like she cares, but then she's overly blunt and defensive when they meet in person.

I was glad that Nadja chilled out and stopped blaming Brandon over her clothes being left at home. She clearly asked him to get her suitcase - which was all zipped up, just like he said - and never once mentioned her garment bag. I think she was more ticked off at herself than she was at him. He probably shouldn't have made the comment about her doing it on purpose so she could go shopping, but he did offer to find some stores near the hotel so she could buy what she needed.

I really felt for Kelly when she was trying on wedding dresses for the show. I've been impressed with how open she is on the show with respect to her relationship and her feelings. I have to say though, when they showed her and Kirsten at the pool in Vegas, I was a little creeped out by those men drooling all over her in her bikini. Ick. It just felt really predatory and gross.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I was glad that Nadja chilled out and stopped blaming Brandon over her clothes being left at home. She clearly asked him to get her suitcase - which was all zipped up, just like he said - and never once mentioned her garment bag. I think she was more ticked off at herself than she was at him. He probably shouldn't have made the comment about her doing it on purpose so she could go shopping, but he did offer to find some stores near the hotel so she could buy what she needed.
    I had to laugh because I had the exact same thing happen to me once when taking a long weekend trip to Las Vegas, and my husband took my suitcase but not my hanging bag (with all my clothes in it) --- and I thought he did, so I didn't take it either. But I have to give Nadja a lot of credit because when it happened to me, the first thing I did was, on the way to Vegas, insist that we stop at a department store so that I could buy new things to wear for the weekend, whereas when Nadja got over her little tiff, she just wore what she had on --- throughout the whole trip!!! Good for her! And good for Galen's wife for essentially following along and doing the same thing. I thought that being in the celebrity world, (in which image is such a big deal), that showed a lot of character on both of their parts!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow, Kirsten and Farah have one messed up relationship! I can't figure out which of them is worse. Farah says Kirsten brings all the drama and talks smack about her to other people, but then we see Farah gossiping about Kristen and trashing her with her little boyfriends. Kirsten tells the camera that she wants to work things out and it seems like she cares, but then she's overly blunt and defensive when they meet in person.
    I agree, they are both seeing only their own side when it comes to each other, and apparently they've been close friends (and probably squabbling and making up) since they were 14 years old, and acting together on Days of Our Lives for many years. Since Dirty Soap started, I couldn't place Farah, so I just went back and looked at some old Days footage -- and when I saw that she played Mimi Lockhart, it all came back. Although I can't stand Farah in 'real life' I really liked her as Mimi --- she was still a kooky character, but a kinder, gentler version of her real self. But with Kirsten it was the opposite, because in real life, I see her as being exactly like her character Maxi on GH - cute and kooky but totally abrasive and into herself. So when the two girls come together in real life, it's no wonder that there's so much tension between them. I do hope they can work it out though, if only because it seems to be causing them both a lot of pain.

I like to see people in long term relationships. Kelly must have a good personality to last that long.

Sad to see Farrah struggling with the marriage question. Men will get married when they are happy with themselves. Everybody is wrestling with themselves. An outside person will not make Farrah happy but her path may involve having children and that woul definitely bring love. If I were her mom I would say let your boyfriend go. Have platonic relationships. Do not have sex. Focus on yourself until life brings you the man who is not all about himself.

Wanted to use that "you have very bad choices in men" as my FORT signature. Too funny and real. Just go pick what you want for dinner. That would be a better choice.

Wow, Nadja's mother can be a real beast! I can't believe the things she says to people, including her daughter. That designer sure showed more restraint than I would have if someone had spoken like that to me!

I wonder if we're just not going to see Kirsten again on this show. I am really worried for her. We know from Farah's conversation with Kirsten's sister-in-law that she has endometriosis and that she's off GH for at least 6 weeks. That's just about right for the recovery time if she was having a hysterectomy. If that's the case, it's heartbreaking. She's only 27.

As much as I love JP, I don't think he's ever going to marry Farah. She probably needs to move on or get used to the idea of just having a boyfriend.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I do not know anything about Nadja; but my mom has been like that. As a 40 something year old fixated with moms/eternal love. I LOVE her mom. If he wants to get the mom to like him, he needs to review how he really treats Nadja, really see. So you go mom. Moms rule.
    You can do it!

So sorry, Lizard, but I have to disagree with you in Nadja's mother's case. To me, Brandon seems to be a very, very nice guy, and an extremely loving, and kind, and considerate boyfriend. He and Nadja seem to have a wonderful relationship, and he appears to treat her extremely well, with both love and respect. Of course there's always room for improvement in the way we treat our loved ones, so, of course it would be a great idea for Brandon to review how he treats her. But nothing that Brandon does is ever going to soften Nadja's mother about him. Generally speaking, other strong possessive mothers may be very loving in their heart, but Nadja's mother is a nasty vindictive woman! In every episode she has been rude and obnoxious to pretty much EVERYONE, even the sales person in the furniture store. And her foul language is inexcusable. And her sitting and conspiring (in the car) with the fellow she brought to lunch to undermine Nadja's relationship with Brandon, encouraging this guy to physically harm Brandon -- OMG, this woman is a total NIGHTMARE!!!
    Critical and AmyKay like this.

Don't get me wrong, I love JP, he's a great actor, but unfortunately, you cannot make someone propose to you. He might never be ready. It's sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    So sorry, Lizard, but I have to disagree with you in Nadja's mother's case. To me, Brandon seems to be a very, very nice guy, and an extremely loving, and kind, and considerate boyfriend. He and Nadja seem to have a wonderful relationship, and he appears to treat her extremely well, with both love and respect. Of course there's always room for improvement in the way we treat our loved ones, so, of course it would be a great idea for Brandon to review how he treats her. But nothing that Brandon does is ever going to soften Nadja's mother about him. Generally speaking, other strong possessive mothers may be very loving in their heart, but Nadja's mother is a nasty vindictive woman! In every episode she has been rude and obnoxious to pretty much EVERYONE, even the sales person in the furniture store. And her foul language is inexcusable. And her sitting and conspiring (in the car) with the fellow she brought to lunch to undermine Nadja's relationship with Brandon, encouraging this guy to physically harm Brandon -- OMG, this woman is a total NIGHTMARE!!!
    Seeing how horrid Fary is to everyone who doesn't kiss her butt makes me even more grateful for my own wonderful mother. Someone - either Brandon of Nadja - commented a few episodes back that Fary wouldn't be happy with ANYONE that Nadja dated. She'd find fault no matter what. I wonder if her behavior isn't seated in jealousy. Here she has this gorgeous, talented daughter who gets TONS of attention and doesn't need her any more. Plus, it feels to me like Nadja had a closer relationship with her late father than she does with her mother. That guy Fary tried to set Nadja up with was a jerk and a kiss ass. The nastiness that comes out of her mouth is just beyond rational and sane behavior. How anyone could speak to another person - much less their own child - that way is beyond me. Fary claims to only care about Nadja's happiness, but when Nadja tells her that she IS happy, Fary calls her a liar. Poor Brandon - no matter what he does, is screwed.

I felt sorry for Farah at the campout, but ITA that she can't force JP to marry her. I think Farah's friends are the opposite of helpful and I think that Daniel, in particular, is jealous of her relationship with JP. I'm not saying that he doesn't care about Farah, but his behavior seems more than concern for his friend. I can understand Farah's frustration over the way JP always deflects her questions about marriage, but that camp out - with other people watching - was not the place to have that discussion.
    AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast