+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dirty Soap (E!)

  1. #11
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    I don't care if it happens all the time, the comment was still rude. She's been on a soap since she was a teenager - long enough to learn to deal with the situation with more grace.
    Allie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I know people were upset with Farah's comment "nice tights", but if you have ever dated someone on a show or soap, it becomes old pretty quickly, when people take multi pics without asking and continually your spouse/bf/gf, receives requests for autographs. <3
    Too bad! The fan with the "nice tights" was one of the many fans that keeps these people working and earning the money that allows them to live their lifestyle.. Fans can turn on you quickly and you're off tv, so you might want to think about that, Miss Farah Fath!!

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I really felt for Kirsten. It must be so hard to deal with saying goodbye to her only family member. At least she has her sil and the kids.
    Speaking of Kirsten's sister-in-law, OMG! I thought there was something unpleasantly familiar about Kirsten's brother's wife/girlfriend, Tiffany, especially when Kirsten linked her with O Town --- and it hit me like a thunderbolt that she was Tiffany Lynn, who had 'dated' one of the group members of O Town (remember O Town, from about 10 years ago on Puffy's "Making the Band" series?). Well the guy Tiffany dated was Ashley Angel, who was the gorgeous, sweet, blond guy in the group. He fell madly in love with Tiffany, to the point that he could barely work. He gave her everything and she was this bitchy, demanding house-frau --- except they weren't married. Then they found out that she was pregnant, and then she quit work altogether --- and they had the baby 'Lyric' --- who is now the little 6 year old boy that Tiffany and Kirsten's brother call 'their' son. Ashley and Tiffany did a reality show of their own called "There and Back" - about 6 or 7 years ago, right about the time that Tiffany was pregnant with Lyric. Here's an article about it: Boy Meets Real World | EW.com and another article about their breakup: Update! Ashley Parker Angel Ends Engagement: Dating Aubrey O'Day "Hairspray" Co-Star? - Stupid Celebrities Gossip
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 10-04-2011 at 08:45 AM.

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,315

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Too bad! The fan with the "nice tights" was one of the many fans that keeps these people working and earning the money that allows them to live their lifestyle.. Fans can turn on you quickly and you're off tv, so you might want to think about that, Miss Farah Fath!!

    I disagree with the language you have underlined, to a point. I don't disagree that that comment was completely ridiculous and rude. And I agree to a point that people who chose to be on TV will have fans and should be polite and accommodating, to a point, to those fans. However, what I can't agree with is that by being on TV, these people are not entitled to the same respect and privacy that the rest of us are entitled to. If you want to take a picture of a celebrity - ask them. Otherwise, are we saying that these people are not entitled to ever go out to eat or to the grocery store without owing their fans whatever they want? There are always exceptions and some of those stories are legendary. But generally, I think celebrities are rude to fans that are rude to them - and vice versa. Everyone deserves to be respected as a human being. JMO.

  5. #15
    FORT Fanatic jenniferboston1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    656

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    I loved eveyone's opinions! Even if people disagree, no one uses foul language and they state their opinions with grace. Unlike another site I used to be active on.......www.r******s***. LOL

    Thank you to everyone, who makes this site GREAT! <3

  6. #16
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I disagree with the language you have underlined, to a point. I don't disagree that that comment was completely ridiculous and rude. And I agree to a point that people who chose to be on TV will have fans and should be polite and accommodating, to a point, to those fans. However, what I can't agree with is that by being on TV, these people are not entitled to the same respect and privacy that the rest of us are entitled to. If you want to take a picture of a celebrity - ask them. Otherwise, are we saying that these people are not entitled to ever go out to eat or to the grocery store without owing their fans whatever they want? There are always exceptions and some of those stories are legendary. But generally, I think celebrities are rude to fans that are rude to them - and vice versa. Everyone deserves to be respected as a human being. JMO.
    Exactly, which is why Farah should have held her tongue, especially since she was on camera. Making a snaarky remark about a fan like that - no matter what she was doing - is not going to go over well with soap fans.

    I also thought Farah was snotty at the fan event, making faces about JP's mom and then announcing that they were leaving. Considering tht fact that she's out of work and that there are very few soaps on the air right now (and that's she's not setting the world on fire with her talent), she should probably be more gracious to the fans. Since she's been on a soap for about half her life, she probably doesn't know what it's like to NOT be a working actress. If she doesn't improve her attitude, she's going to find out really quickly.

    JP seems like a very sweet guy, but I think his relationship with his mother explains his relationship with Farah. She babies and bosses him around just like a mother.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,315

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    Agreed 100% Critical, which is why I said the comment was ridiculous and rude. And sorry, maybe you included my post just because of the last line. My point was just pointing out that just because someone is a celebrity, does not mean they are not entitled to the same rights and respect the rest of us are entitled to. Farah's comment was so rude and catty. I have never liked her on TV - and her appearance on this show is doing nothing to make me change my mind about that.

  8. #18
    addicted to reality AmyKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    1,166

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Speaking of Kirsten's sister-in-law, OMG! I thought there was something unpleasantly familiar about Kirsten's brother's wife/girlfriend, Tiffany, especially when Kirsten linked her with O Town --- and it hit me like a thunderbolt that she was Tiffany Lynn, who had 'dated' one of the group members of O Town (remember O Town, from about 10 years ago on Puffy's "Making the Band" series?). Well the guy Tiffany dated was Ashley Angel, who was the gorgeous, sweet, blond guy in the group. He fell madly in love with Tiffany, to the point that he could barely work. He gave her everything and she was this bitchy, demanding house-frau --- except they weren't married. Then they found out that she was pregnant, and then she quit work altogether --- and they had the baby 'Lyric' --- who is now the little 6 year old boy that Tiffany and Kirsten's brother call 'their' son. Ashley and Tiffany did a reality show of their own called "There and Back" - about 6 or 7 years ago, right about the time that Tiffany was pregnant with Lyric. Here's an article about it: Boy Meets Real World | EW.com and another article about their breakup: Update! Ashley Parker Angel Ends Engagement: Dating Aubrey O'Day "Hairspray" Co-Star? - Stupid Celebrities Gossip
    OMG I totally remember her now, and I REALLY didnt like her! Lyric looks just like his daddy in the face, thank goodness
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    I agree that basically, everyone should be entitled to privacy and respect. But that's not how the world works right now. As long as the paparazzi are paid huge amounts of money for pictures of famous people, their privacy is invaded. It's a basic fact that they are aware of and still decide to pursue that celebrity-hood that if they achieve their goal, will lose their privacy. If this doesn't work for you, then pick another occupation. I understand it must be extremely annoying but it's part of the whole package and it takes fans and paparazzi pictures that create the fame they want.

  10. #20
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,623

    Re: Dirty Soap (E!)

    LOVE this show! It's better than a soap! Never liked Farah on TV and don't like her as a person any better. Nadia and Brandon are totally cute and her mother does need to give Brandon a break. And yeah, Galen's wife is a piece of work, hopefully it is scripted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.