+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

From the Guide:
    Alabama's Devin Grissom meets the 20 bachelors (10 city guys and 10 country guys) looking to sweep her off her feet.

Is anyone watching this? Melissa Rycroft tweeted that it's a sweet, fresh take on the Bachelor, and that Devin is gorgeous.

FORT Newbie

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    From the Guide:
    Alabama's Devin Grissom meets the 20 bachelors (10 city guys and 10 country guys) looking to sweep her off her feet.

Is anyone watching this? Melissa Rycroft tweeted that it's a sweet, fresh take on the Bachelor, and that Devin is gorgeous.

Yes! Agree with Melissa. It was a nice change from the Bachelor and Devin is beautiful. The first meeting was in the afternoon and they were all drinking sweet tea. Definitely a nice change from the Bachelor! I plan on watching next week and now I am curious to see if this show takes off.

I liked it! Surprised myself but (so far) so much better than The Bachelor.......or maybe because Ashley is boring the heck out of me.
    Devin is beautiful, sweet and (thank goodness) not a bimbo.
    The southern boys (so far) have presented themselves much better than the city boys. I found myself picking out quite a few as charming.
    The one Hollywood guy (who drives a Ferrari) really begged not to be dumped but someone needs to tell him that he does himself no favors by referring to himself in the third person.....never a good thing.
    Anyway, I liked it....a refreshing change.

I watched it last night...nice refreshing change with some interesting guys but I find it hard to believe that a girl that lives in a major city in AL with one of the biggest schools in the state hasn't ever dated a guy not from the country or seen one...duhh..but she is a sweetie and doesn't seem to be so made over
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Hard to keep them all straight, especially since the "introductions" were all jumbled and hurried (IMO). I think there might be a few decent guys in there, somewhere. I was really put off by all the trash talking from both sides. I was hearing/seeing guys who thought they were sooooo funny with their comments about their rivals, but then got pissed off by jibes at themselves. I loathe hypocrisy!

I am also a bit disgusted that they are claiming that men from southern CITIES (Birmingham is a city, Mobile is a city, Murfreesboro and Franklin are part of the metropolitan area of Nashville) are "country boys". They're living in cities, not the country. Maybe they're from rural areas. Maybe they aren't, but the male population of southern cities could NOT have all grown up in the country! We don't know yet about the "city" boys -- the last one to get the boot claims to be from a small town. Whether that's true or not, I bet others of the "city" boys are from small towns. Ah well, I could go on and on, but my point is that they're setting this up in a manner to encourage hostility. Not a fan of that.

Wow, the southern bachelorette ... er, oops, BELLE was sure flustered and nervous. Not that I blame her, but she seemed to talk faster and faster and faster. I hope she's able to relax a bit as time goes on. And they all seem so very very young. Part of that, of course, is that I'm older than dirt. But most of them seem way way too young to get into a long-term serious relationship. She sent home two of the "city" boys -- I would have kept either of them over that Jersey Shore guy. So already, I find her taste suspect. Or maybe this is manipulated just like The Bachelorette and they want to keep whatshisface for the cheap wannabe celebrity factor.

They showed virtually nothing about Devin. Yep, she's drop-dead gorgeous. What else is she? We have no idea.

I may watch online again, if I have nothing better to do. If they actually start fighting next week as seems to be indicated, though, I'll probably be done with this show. Unless Devin comes down really hard on those who are fighting.

I agree with a lot you said here, Lucy van Pelt.
    I think it's just Hollywood-ese to call all the southern guys "country" because we, as viewers, are much too stupid to figure it out.
    I, like you, am also older than dirt but maybe upcoming generations will go back to marrying young, like we used to. The last couple generations seemed to wait a long time to marry and have families (hence all the invitro stuff/twins, etc). I guess everything comes back into fashion.

gezzzzzzzzzz get rid of the guy from New Jersey

the guy whom she had the 2nd one on one date was nice not much chemistry between them
    but I respected the fact that when he came back to the house the jerk from Jersey said did you represent City well..he said that he didn't want to be in the middle of that stupid city vs country thing which shows at least to me that he possess some maturity

this jerk from Jersey is sooooooo getting on my last nerve
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

I want to point out to some people who aren't really familiar with the south though, that 'cities' here are very different than in the north/out west, and it's very common for someone to claim that they are from the nearest big city to an outsider because it's too confusing otherwise. For instance, right now I tell friends who've never been to Georgia that I live in Atlanta, when actually I live almost an hour from the city. Plus, here-you go twenty minutes out of most cities (this is obviously not counting Atlanta) and you're in extremely rural areas, the kind of towns that have only a couple traffic lights and mom and pop restaurants. I used to live in Knoxville, and one of my best friends lives about 15 minutes outside city limits, in Corryton. He's smack in the middle of farmlands, horses, and tractors causing traffic jams, but if someone from the north asked him where he's from, he'll say Knoxville. But he's most certainly NOT a city kid. So I don't think it's a reach calling someone from say, Franklin, a country boy. Yeah, it's only about 20 minutes from Nashville, but its a lot of farms and undeveloped land out there. I was in Murfreesboro just a couple days ago and I ate at a restaurant that only accepted cash because they didn't have a credit card machine. Believe me, most people in Murfreesboro wouldn't consider themselves city folk.

Just my input....I've lived all over the south, and cities down here don't tend to sprawl as much as in other parts of the US, or the world, so like I said, just because a town is close to a city doesn't mean that residents there aren't country.

I hate the guy from Jersey too...pretty sure he's just there for the exposure. I mean, he did date Snooki, right? I liked the guy from the second date. He's clearly not into all the drama, and while the whole posturing over who got to cook the chicken was silly, he seems to be right on the money with identifying with the country boys because they are more real and honest. Jersey boy wasn't the only one who was mad with him for hanging with the country kids!

Just watched the second episode tonight. I'm still liking this show and I'm crazy about Devin. In direct contrast to most of The Bachelorettes, she seems so genuine, demure and mature. I like how she behaves far more lady-like than most young girls today. I think that's why I like this show so much. Even the guys seem to have old fashioned manners, like Devin does. Most of the young women we see on tv now, either are obnoxiously rude, try to act like a guy, or just repulsive in many of their actions. I know that I'm older than dirt so maybe that's why I like the old fashion part but this girl really epitomizes the "girl that boys want to bring home to their parents." Some things never go out of style........or so I want to believe.

As far as I can tell, I don't get this "channel" on my cable, so I'm watching it online right now.

I have come to the conclusion that it will be easier to take note of who seems semi-reasonable. So far, they have not shown one contestant that fits that category, except Adam (horse whisperer on the first 1 on 1). I bet by the time I finish watching I'll have a list of maybe 3 or 4. Geez.

ETA: Tribble? Seriously, TRIBBLE? WHO would name their kid after a furry thing from Star Trek? ‪My favourite scene from trouble with tribbles star trek‬‏ - YouTube
    Last edited by Lucy van Pelt; 07-23-2011 at 03:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast