+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

I'm 30 min from the end, but I had to come in and post in the Survivor thread for Whitney that I think her ex-husband is on the show. Danny Fallgatter, 32, the singer/songwriter from Nashville said something about his ex that fit the bill. So far I hate that guy from NY who looks like Matthew McConaughy, but he is the perfect city snob who hates the south. At this point my favorite is Bubba from Alabama who owns a cattle ranch. More when I get through elimination.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wasn't really impressed with any of the city boys haven't gotten all the names down yet but the one who had the really deep voice grated on my last nerve...I was really surprised at whom she choose for her first date..I really thought he would be going home last night...I mean he has just turned 21 and is still in college he seems so sweet and shy but I think he's too young for her and he hasn't really had a chance to see what life has to offer him
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

That choice surprised me as well especially since she was on the verge of sending him home. There must have been something about his sweet, boyishly earnest face that made her select him.

Shawn Biggo is the name, I think, of the prejudiced city guy. He is only 25 but looks like he's been around the long city block a few times. But, she thinks he has a nice smile so will keep him around.

So she sent home city (long haired tattooed drummer from Jersey) and country (her type, the one she thought could protect her, but she got a good old boy vibe from him that would include her as one of the guys.) Probably good choices since she could only send home two.

I'm so glad they are back on Boyd's ranch. And Boyd was up to threatening an ass whuppin if need be. Gotta love it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I sat bolt upright when the country singer said that his ex-wife fell in love with someone else "on an island, on another show" and knew it had to be Survivor. I think Paige will end up with Bubba when all is said and done. He seems like a sweetheart, and a good-looking guy as well. And, boy, Paige is lovely--but sometimes I just wanted her to SHUT UP. Talk, talk, talk....

FORT sun

I am surprised she kept Shaun. He's so young! Aww, she sent Matt home. Maybe he was too much like a brother. I wonder if the farmer, Jeremiah from Mn. will have a chance. When Paige chose Shaun for her first date, I thought...."what? is she looking for?"

Quote Originally Posted by eclark View Post
    I am surprised she kept Shaun. He's so young! Aww, she sent Matt home. Maybe he was too much like a brother. I wonder if the farmer, Jeremiah from Mn. will have a chance. When Paige chose Shaun for her first date, I thought...."what? is she looking for?"
    truthfully I feel like she is really trying to be gentle with him..she will send him packing most likely within the next two weeks...I think she sort of sees him as a fragile bird that needs to be handled very carefully
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

Jeremiah is really sweet and handsome. Should be interesting looks like he gets into a scuffle with someone.
    Hope Paige keeps Jeremiah long enough to hear him sing.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Just watched the first episode of the third season (have never watched before) and I actually really liked it!

My favourites:

Bubba: A real good looking, cool, down-to-earth guy. He comes off as real and sincere and is really handsome without being too pretty.

Dustin: likeable, cute and a decent voice as well. I hope continues in the show for a while.

Jeremiah: so nice to look at... with a personality to match. True farm boy. Love that.

Marcello: I think he's hot. That's pretty much it. :p

Severn: I really like Severn... he's cool and different and not afraid to be himself. I hope she can appreciate that.

Shaun S: At 21, he's just a year younger than Paige, (my husband and I are the same age difference and he was just 22 when we got married and 18 years later we're doing just fine!), so I don't think he's out of the mix because of his age at all. In fact, she may relate to him better than some of the late 20 and 30 something guys there. Like her, I appreciated that he was so nervous being around her... he'll lose that as he gets to know her better. And a guy being real nervous around you can be REALLY flattering.

Can go home now:

Christian: he went, so that works out well.

Todd D: really awful guy and so totally full of himself. I can`t even begin to understand why.

Shaun B: egotistic and I absolutely hate his speaking voice.

David E: could anyone be more impressed with himself? Yes, you wear expensive suits and own a big real estate company. But you're an idiot.

My daughter watched with me and her favourites were Donny (so cute!) and Andy (so cute!) They'll probably last a while!

Only downside I could see to the show were all the shots of Paige looking like a pagaent contestant. You know, those outdoorsy shots they do of pagaent contestants during the shows? Just too overposed.

Ah, what a sad story about Shawn's (?) horse. He really is a cute kid with a lovely personality. Now I know why she chose him for the first date. The second date with Chicago went so bad and he didn't even see it; successful guy who can't stop talking about himself. She let him down nicely and politely on the tailgate of the pickup, though. Now if she could just get rid of Sean, the bigot from NY, all will be well. I noticed that the two country guys I like best (the farmer and the Bubba) were the ones who comforted Shawn when he found out the fate of his stolen horse, Credit Card.

She has been warned twice now that the city guys are two-faced. We'll see if she picks up on it.

Next week the city guys have to go rough camping - that should be fun.

Still rooting for Bubba and hope that he comes out of the woodwork pretty soon! Paige seems so much ooooolder than young Shawn who lost his horse. (I'm hoping that some viewer/corporation gets a new horse for him when the series is done.)

+ Reply to Thread