+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

FORT sun

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Come to think of it--Adam does seem to get the friend vibe. I think I read somewhere (maybe Tribble Reese's web page?) that he's interested in the entertainment field. Maybe they're both looking to MC sporting events or products.
    Devin's Dad mentioned Tribble would be surrounded by girls all the time (bar tender, goodlooking, former quarterback...), but why would Devin ever worry. She is gorgeous.
    But you know, Devin and Tribble as a couple would look kinda "too beautiful"...

Quote Originally Posted by eclark View Post
    Devin's Dad mentioned Tribble would be surrounded by girls all the time (bar tender, goodlooking, former quarterback...), but why would Devin ever worry. She is gorgeous.
    Well, I didn't think Sandra Bullock would worry either!!

very smart girl...she picked Adam...why is it that all these shows inspired by the bachelor do the contestants do a 100% better job of picking the end person the right person that seems to fit them best while on the bachelor/ette 99% of the time they pick wrong and it ends...makes me wonder just how much manipulation is going on with the bachelor/ette

CONGRATS TO DEVIN AND ADAM..hope ya'll have a very happy time together and I hope ya'll stay together..personally I think ya'll are a perfect match
    AmyKay likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

Thank you for posting the results, ButterflyFaery!

there's gonna be a 2nd season in October and it looks like Tribble will get his shot...10 city girls 10 country girls....truthfully I have enjoyed this show much more than the bachelor/ette ...it doesn't have the manipulations that the Fleissmonster thinks is necessary...and from watching it the people can create their own drama and don't need to be cast into roles

All in all, I really liked this show much better than The Bachelor/ette. Reminded me of the good old days of the Bachelor.
    I'm delighted with Devin's choice. I'd picked Adam from the very begining....which was odd for me because his looks just don't appeal t me but he seemed like he had everything that this show was trying to highlight. Sometimes he looked wonderful and other times, he looked geeky/dopey. BUT....he was always true to his roots and his high standards, which were wonderful. I'm pretty sure if I was him training a horse, I'd be totally in love with the whole romantic "guy doing manly/guy stuff, looking like a cowboy, etc etc" I do believe that he is going to put this girl on a very high pedestal and she'll always be a queen to him.
    Yep, this show totally touched my "Mushy, romantic, girly fairy tale" side.
    Wonder if I'll feel the same watching Tribbal try to find love.

FORT sun

Wow, she really did choose Adam. Loved the Tribble scene where he's trying to start the boat motor. So many moments in this series seemed real. So Tribble...the next Bachelor? I'll watch again.

Got to admit, I'm a bit disappointed - but I'm not sure why since it's not my life or my guy. She can be with whomever she wants, I just didn't "feel it" with Adam and was so dismayed by her choices. Not that I have to live with them, I know. Guess I was just hoping for a sweet love story that would grab me and pull me in - Adam was not appealing at all to me, and I couldn't see it w/Devin either. She's beautiful, and he's dorky. Oh well ... they created a successful show which is refreshingly under-produced compared to the Bachelor, which is the part I really liked.

The Bachelor does manage to create the love story though, fake or not, scripted and cast for drama as it is. Devin may have never ended up with someone like Adam on the Bachelor (certainly not, b/c they'd never cast him), so it was good for her that her producers kept their hands out of it, but to me (and for me) it was a disappointing ending as a viewer. Just selfishly speaking. Hope she's happy, in real life, and that's all that's important for her - I get that.

I really didn't like the country vs city angle. Pointless and it just created unnecessary tension. Sorry to see they will continue it for Tribble this Fall, because it's not really a team game here. It's fine to bring in a variety of candidates w/different backgrounds, but the way the guys were harping on country vs city like that was really so important, was so stupid.

Heh, well I'm betting that when it's Tribble's turn, he won't be bad-mouthing the city girls.

As for manipulation, the city versus country (really, south versus everywhere else) was pretty manipulative. I'm sure TPTB on this show pushed it all the time.

I can only watch online, and I'll probably end up forgetting about the show entirely. And Tribble ... every time I hear his name, I wonder, "WHY did your mama name you after a very furry Star Trek critter?!"
    NEPASue and navybelle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Heh, well I'm betting that when it's Tribble's turn, he won't be bad-mouthing the city girls.

As for manipulation, the city versus country (really, south versus everywhere else) was pretty manipulative. I'm sure TPTB on this show pushed it all the time.

I can only watch online, and I'll probably end up forgetting about the show entirely. And Tribble ... every time I hear his name, I wonder, "WHY did your mama name you after a very furry Star Trek critter?!"
    hey now...lmao..nothing wrong with a star trek critter that was that cute and purred..lol

+ Reply to Thread