+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Paige Duke ‏ @Paige_Duke

I knew @followjeremiah loved me He snuck me letters in my boots I left on the beach that day! I started writing him & he kept writing!

Paige Duke ‏ @Paige_Duke

My 1st Valentine! So romantic in house he's remodelin. Made me a box w/ valentines i never got in elem. & middle school Twitter / Paige Duke: My 1st Valentine! So roman ...

In one of his twitters or facebook, Jeremiah blows the whistle on the finale ending saying that Bubba was told ahead of time by production that Paige loved and picked Jeremiah.

This comes out of the upset expressed on the internet about the ending where the focus was on Bubba and not the happy couple. It is as if production was setting up their next show rather than concluding this show.

So that whole "Don't say anything, let me look in your eyes" was for the camera. Yes her face and eyes said he was number 2, but the approach was disingenuous.
    Parkhillian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Just by the way he handled it, I thought that Bubba had to have already known that Faith picked Jeremiah. There is no way he will not be the Bachelor the next time around.

FORT sun

Oh, we all knew Bubba was given a gentleman's exit, but what he said to her was genuine. In fact, most of the exits were fairly gracious. Shaun (the cowboy) was really touching too. It is way better to have eliminations this way. I look forward towards Bubba's season. Maybe Fleiss can take a few tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    In one of his twitters or facebook, Jeremiah blows the whistle on the finale ending saying that Bubba was told ahead of time by production that Paige loved and picked Jeremiah.

This comes out of the upset expressed on the internet about the ending where the focus was on Bubba and not the happy couple. It is as if production was setting up their next show rather than concluding this show.

So that whole "Don't say anything, let me look in your eyes" was for the camera. Yes her face and eyes said he was number 2, but the approach was disingenuous.
    In his tweets does Jeremiah also address the disingenuous way that he was portrayed as being a simple farmer that lived in Minn. the entire year? Or does he admit that he in fact is not a full time simple farmer but a guy who lives half of the year in LA? There were plenty of things about Jeremiah that were glossed over and he was made to appear a better match for Paige than he really is, IMO. I guess that Paige also lied to Country Shawn and City Shaun when she told them they were going home because they weren't ready for a marriage and family like she was. I wish Paige and Jeremiah good luck in whatever their future holds but I am not invested in them enough to look for any information as to how the relationship is going.

I think Bubba, being the class act he was, deserved to know he wasn't the one. Production was smart enough to realize no one, well let me at least speak about me, wanted to see Bubba get down on one knee and propose. Nothing he said, even "let me look into your eyes" to me was disingenuous. Just knowing he knew made me believe he was really "looking" at her for the first time and seeing she didn't feel the same way. My take is he was told, he took it in stride and left like a gentlemen. I watch this show because it doesn't "have" the idiotic drama for drama's sake that the Bachelor has been known for. Good for production from saving a good man from being humiliated and not giving into the "dramatic tv" they would have gotten had they not told him.

Jeremiah tweeting about it rings like sour grapes, although it is puzzling to figure out why. After all, he ended up with the girl. She says she got what she wanted. Why worry the show didn't focus on the happy couple. If they are looking only for a relationship, wanting to settle down, get married and have kids as Paige has repeatedly said then it shouldn't matter they focused on Bubba and set up their next show. It just makes him and Paige look a little petty. IMO.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

FORT Fan

I'm glad they didn't let Bubba get down on one knee. When he does find the one and proposes at least she will be the first one he does this for.

I wonder what Jeremiah's Mom mean't when she said "does she know everything about you" and he said no?

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Just by the way he handled it, I thought that Bubba had to have already known that Faith picked Jeremiah. There is no way he will not be the Bachelor the next time around.
    Dang--I meant Paige, not Faith! I keep doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    Jeremiah tweeting about it rings like sour grapes, although it is puzzling to figure out why. After all, he ended up with the girl. She says she got what she wanted. Why worry the show didn't focus on the happy couple. If they are looking only for a relationship, wanting to settle down, get married and have kids as Paige has repeatedly said then it shouldn't matter they focused on Bubba and set up their next show. It just makes him and Paige look a little petty. IMO.
    I have read some pretty nasty things people are saying about him being picked and so on. Perhaps he was trying to show that this was not sprung on Bubba and that he knew and went along with the show? That it wasn't as cruel as some people are saying it is? I mean Bubba seemed like a nice guy from the little I saw, but some of the things I have read have him as a saint walking on water.

+ Reply to Thread