+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Tribble redeemed himself slightly.

But I got really bored with this show. I don't even care enough to write any more about it, and probably not to even watch it again. Maybe I should tune in later when she's narrowed it down more.

Caught this on a "re-run" night..it is very refreshing from the schtick that has become the bachelor and bachelorette...although I am having a hard time believing these "contestants" aren't here for some other motives..I mean the "jersey guy" is "famous" (gag) for dating Snooky!..gimme a break...he surely is there because he KNOWS reality tv and how to deliver and stir the pot...hopefully he will go soon and we can get back to the refreshing somewhat honesty of the premise of the show

I heard about this show because they filmed it in the county in which I live, and I decided to watch it because I'm a fan of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows. All I can say is that the Bachelorette really missed out on this one. I think Devin is more attractive than any Bachelorete they've had and just as interesting, if not more so than most. The show was definitely filmed on a much lower budget than the Bach. but I like certain elements of the show so much better, especially the way she says goodby to the guys in private. Going to keep watching just to see how it goes and because it's amusing watching her go on dates in places that I'm so familiar with. For those who don't know, the area in which they filmed is a very rural area. It is across Mobile Bay from Mobile, Alabama, which as far as cities go is pretty small (around 200,000 people). Have to agree that it doesn't seem accurate to portray it as "city v. country" - it is more southern v. non-southern.

I LOVED LOVED the movie..so I think the "title" and premise are unique, I too am watching just to see the way it plays out against shows like the bachette...

There are really some appealing things about this show, and some not-so-appealing. I think I'll continue watching, though, because it is refreshing and seems less "produced" than Bachelorette series.

Devin seems very sweet, genuine, and is super pretty. I thought those guys were going to fall over when she first showed up (can't believe some guy left before even seeing the girl! He must regret it now). It's strange that there's no "host" or anyone really running the show, (though Boyd is a cute father figure type), but I like that Devin is handling it so well on her own. She really was nervous at first, and seemed so young, but we'll see if her apparent maturity holds up as the show goes on. I would like to get to know more about her though. She comes across as such a "good girl."

These guys! Ah! First of all, the country versus city set up is just annoying. I'm over it already and don't care who's city and who's country. There were a couple I was sure were gay, though. And what's with the odd names? We have a Tripp, Tribble, Kash.... The guy who went on the first 1-on-1 sounded kind of slow - not to be mean, but I wondered how "simple" is he? Well, not as simple as that Hollywood guy that got eliminated but tried to talk her into keeping him!!ha!

I liked how the second 1-on-1 guy was shown steaming his clothes! ha! But I liked how he tried to diminish the whole country/city thing to her. The dates are so sweet and much less glamorous/unreal than on abc - I like that! The boating and tubing date was such a nice way to get to know the guys, I think.

I think she's pretty smart to keep her guard up with Tribble - he does seem like he could be a player, but he answered her well, so maybe he's got it in him to be straight up with her. She doesn't really trust him yet, and I think that's okay.

Jersey boy needs to go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    There are really some appealing things about this show, and some not-so-appealing. I think I'll continue watching, though, because it is refreshing and seems less "produced" than Bachelorette series.

Devin seems very sweet, genuine, and is super pretty. I thought those guys were going to fall over when she first showed up (can't believe some guy left before even seeing the girl! He must regret it now). It's strange that there's no "host" or anyone really running the show, (though Boyd is a cute father figure type), but I like that Devin is handling it so well on her own. She really was nervous at first, and seemed so young, but we'll see if her apparent maturity holds up as the show goes on. I would like to get to know more about her though. She comes across as such a "good girl."

These guys! Ah! First of all, the country versus city set up is just annoying. I'm over it already and don't care who's city and who's country. There were a couple I was sure were gay, though. And what's with the odd names? We have a Tripp, Tribble, Kash.... The guy who went on the first 1-on-1 sounded kind of slow - not to be mean, but I wondered how "simple" is he? Well, not as simple as that Hollywood guy that got eliminated but tried to talk her into keeping him!!ha!

I liked how the second 1-on-1 guy was shown steaming his clothes! ha! But I liked how he tried to diminish the whole country/city thing to her. The dates are so sweet and much less glamorous/unreal than on abc - I like that! The boating and tubing date was such a nice way to get to know the guys, I think.

I think she's pretty smart to keep her guard up with Tribble - he does seem like he could be a player, but he answered her well, so maybe he's got it in him to be straight up with her. She doesn't really trust him yet, and I think that's okay.

Jersey boy needs to go!!!!
    OMG I soooooooooo totally agree with you about Jersey Boy...was watching project runway so I will catch tonights show here in 15 minutes when it re runs...I like the dates better too..but heck..I live here in GA and thats what we do for fun get out on the Chattachoochee and tubing and riding 4 wheelers and stuff but like you I am over the country vs city
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

as for the guy that left after one night they said it was because of the heat but I read somewhere on another board or an article can't remember that right after he got there that something happened in his family it was something about someone having a heart attack or stroke and possibly died...which I consider those very valid reasons for leaving a show

the 2nd guy who left on his own the guy who has served 2 terms in IRAQ..I live here right at Ft Benning GA and so many of these guys come home with PTSD and I really think that guy needed to deal with his own demons and learn to live with what happened there before he would even be ready for a relationship with someone
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I was going to say that I don't think she's interesting because we don't know much of anything about her. But then I realized, she did reveal some things about her interests. Something to do with sports promotion, I think? Hopefully that's something more challenging than sitting on a boat looking pretty (just for example). I probably blanked it out until just now because I have no interest in sports myself. LOL!

I don't know if I'll watch this week's show or not. I need to leave town tomorrow morning and I'm only at the computer because my back needs a break.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    as for the guy that left after one night they said it was because of the heat but I read somewhere on another board or an article can't remember that right after he got there that something happened in his family it was something about someone having a heart attack or stroke and possibly died...which I consider those very valid reasons for leaving a show

the 2nd guy who left on his own the guy who has served 2 terms in IRAQ..I live here right at Ft Benning GA and so many of these guys come home with PTSD and I really think that guy needed to deal with his own demons and learn to live with what happened there before he would even be ready for a relationship with someone
    Wow, I feel for both guys. I hadn't know that about the one who left early because of an emergency. And the veteran did seem like he was really struggling; I give him credit for trying something out of his comfort zone. Hope he figures things out and is okay.

I am still getting a gay vibe from a couple of these guys. Anyone else? I don't mean to stereotype, and wouldn't bring it up or care, except this is a dating show. So, I'm going to assume they are not gay, at least I hope not for her sake, in case she'd fall for one of them.

Her date with Cody was so cute - he's got a great voice, and sure did a good job in the rodeo! Aw, and he's scared of getting his heart broke(n) (I can't help but fix his grammar, if I have to type it!). She seemed pretty affected by him, but I didn't see a kiss ...?

It seems like when the guys are hanging around the house, they're just getting loaded - I guess that makes for TV drama, but I don't care to see that. I get embarrassed for them. And that Tribble is so aggressive, and let's add Britton to the list of different names.

I had to agree with whichever guy said it, that poor girl to have to spend the day with Flex and Jersey (adorable suit she was wearing)! I felt Flex was playing her; if she saw how he was with the other guys she wouldn't have been so impressed. And him admitting to her he was a cheater? Run, Devin! Though I have to give him a little credit for how he acted when he came back, and really was being quizzed though he did try to hold back and not brag. Hmm, what a difference when you're not drunk!

Jersey saying "I'm not like that typical jerk off" just cracked me up - you mean, like you've been acting up until now? And to say he would rather not be spending time in the clubs, when he's a DJ? Ha! Then she turned him down for a kiss! I guess he could take this lesson to realize his bravado is too much, either that or he'll just be even more "Jersey" than before, to prove a point. He left looking pretty drunk, too - and wondering what he did wrong? Maybe that's his answer.

What's with the Arizona guy telling her he "trumps" all the guys going to NYC? Like that's supposed to help? You sound pretty cocky and rude! Making her think, good riddance, I'm sure.

okay so watching tonight...she is in New York with three guys...her laugh is a bit annoying....and I am thinking..this is getting pretty "cheesy" rather quickly...and what is with Collin always needing to do his "personal interivews" with NO shirt..your NOT that hot dude! Michael ''STOP SINGING YOUR CONVERSATIONS"..by the way the NO kiss..means she is NOT interested!

well guess that's all I gotta say!

ETA: for all the guys out there...there IS something to be said for having a fab-u-lous dress delivered to your room and walking to meet the man!
    Last edited by fan*addict; 08-04-2011 at 11:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread