+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

City Sean played Paige. He isn't really interested in her, he lied to her about his desire to open a shelter for pit bull dogs and he pulled a trick to get her to pay attention to him. For him to tell her that he was going to drop out and stay in Miami for a week and do "his thing" should have been a huge red flag to her. He told her that to see if she would try to get him to change his mind. Then, after hearing the other guys in the house that have gone on dates with her talk about her and more than likely her own 2 pit bull rescue dogs, he decides to use that as well. He kept his sunglasses on the entire time so that she could not see his eyes, only taking them off after he knew he had her hooked. I really thought that Paige would have learned from her experience with her ex that leaked those photos but I suppose not. Hopefully she wakes up soon or heck, maybe "Tex" will continue whispering in her ear about how Sean really is and she will kick him (Sean) to the curb.

MOO

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Oh, I hadn't looked at that exchange with cynical eyes. But, yes, you could very well be right. It would fit in with his villain role. Whether he was sincere or not, I,too, hope he goes home very soon.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

I was actually disappointed in Paige for sending Jeremy home. Tex has been a jerk at the beach and for her to just take his word was absurd. I actually admired Jeremy for telling her that it wasn't the case, but not getting into a mud slinging contest in front of Paige. I have been frustrated on other shows in the past when the lead did not listen to contestants warn them about another contestant, but Paige was ridiculous in how completely and easily she listened to Tex. I wonder if she was actually surprised that Jeremy liked her and was easier to believe in the flaw. Oh well, I have actually liked how she handled herself so far, hopefully she will return to her previous form next week.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

That is definitely Jeremiah in the hammock. In the previews in episode one they show a scene with him and Paige in the hammock and you can see his face. Who wouldn't fall in love a little with Jeremiah? He's adorable!

Who's left? (9 guys and it's getting easier to figure out who's who now.)
    Bubba: Showing himself to be pretty confident and yet caring. Cool cowboy.
    Jeremiah: (from my last post) "Also shown to have more time with Paige (at least in a hammock. :p) In the previews, I couldn't figure if he was the one who had a fight with young Sean" I'm thinking both of these things are coming up in the next episode.
    Young Sean: He's faded to the background, but I don't think he's out of the running, even a little bit.
    Landon: I don't think he has a shot, but she's keeping him around for intel. The only dislikeable thing about PAIGE that I've seen so far.
    Donny F: I think she's avoiding Donny because she wants to give all the guys a friggin chance.

City:
    Sean B: Yeah, he's a jerk because he got beat up once? Wow. Think of all the people who could jerks because of something that happened to them. The mullet is awful.
    Todd D: I don't get why he's around either. I thought his date was stupid but maybe there are girls who enjoy trying on jewellery and then not getting any. Top four city guys? Really?
    Dustin: Still my favourite city guy
    Joey: Also starting to fade to the background.

The three guys gone are the three who got a "who?" I had in my last synopsis... so goodbye to the guys we didn't know. (Austin, Jeremy and Christian).
    kateb likes this.

Spockwhat, great job in breaking everyone left down. Here are my thoughts on those remaining: Bubba - think he's more mature and in a different place than Paige (plus are pit bulls compatible with cattle? I have distant relatives who have cattle and I know that certain breeds of dogs don't mix well with cattle, not sure about pits) - she still wants to live it up some; Jeremiah - think it probably is him in the hammock (it's definitely someone tall and thin), but I'm afraid she's going to say something like "I'm falling in love with you, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life on an isolated farm"; Country Sean - not sure about this one - she seems to like him, but it doesn't seem more than that; Landon - he'll be gone soon; Donny F. - no idea because we haven't seen them together, but she does like musicians and he's a good mix of city and country; Sean B. - think she's physically attracted to him, but even though they seem to think they have alot in common, they really don't. Hopefully, she'll realize that he does not want to do the things she enjoys; Todd D. - can't really make an assessment of him because for some reason, I really dislike him - hope he leaves soon; Dustin - seems like a nice guy, but they don't seem like a good match to me; Joey - I think he may be on the ice skating date; definitely a physical attraction between the two of them, but not sure there's much more. Really hated to see Austin go, because I actually thought he was the best all around for her. Someone said they saw her in a preview with someone they thought was Tex at a fire station - any chance it was actually Austin? Maybe she went to ask him to come back? Mobile is just across the bay from where they are all staying.

Contestant Spoiler

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jeremiah is a singer/musician with a band that plays rock. I saw a video of them playing at the X games and they reminded me of a young Rolling Stone band. He says he spends the summer working on the farm and then the winter (when the fields are under snow) working on music, sometimes in LA. He is not "strictly a country boy."

Please post any replies in spoiler tags so those who don't wish to be spoiled will not be spoiled.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It's def Landon "Tex" that she's with at the fire station, and def Jeremiah that she's with in the hammock.
    Bubba just had a bunch of the boys down to his house for the weekend, and in past dating shows, the "winner" doesn't usually hang out and socialize with the other guys like that. Hope I'm wrong, but it does set the mind to wondering...

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Contestant Spoiler

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jeremiah is a singer/musician with a band that plays rock. I saw a video of them playing at the X games and they reminded me of a young Rolling Stone band. He says he spends the summer working on the farm and then the winter (when the fields are under snow) working on music, sometimes in LA. He is not "strictly a country boy."

Please post any replies in spoiler tags so those who don't wish to be spoiled will not be spoiled.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Really interesting, Arielflies! Nice find. I had assumed he was a cash cropper with all the combining he does, lol, and was kind of actually wondering what he did in the winter. We already know that Paige has a thing for musicians, so it does look more promising for Jeremiah. I think I'll try to look up his band.

Well, this week Jeremiah writes a song for Paige, right? So, we will probably learn more about his band and his musical aspirations then.

This episode should be titled: Jeremiah's bad day. You can tell he's falling for her, but when she tells him she's falling for him, he shuts down. Then he kicks himself and everyone else verbally, or in the case of Shaun (Cowboy) physically. Of course he felt bad later saying three whiskies didn't help.

Donny (the one who wrote and sang a song for her) is cute, but not her type; same with Dustin. Now if she could just get rid of Landon (Tex) all would be right.

I loved the exchange between Boyd and Sean (NY). I do think Sean has had his eyes opened and his attitude has softened. Next week he goes gator hunting. Bubba continues to be the down to earth glue of the house...he tried to lift Jeremiah's spirits with the roping lesson, then calls Sean (NY) out to join them. Sean was surprised that he actually had fun roping the calf dummy. It looks like the villain in the house has switched from Sean(NY) to Landon (Tex).

Paige is more honest in her expressions about navigating the tricky parts of a dating show, unlike the Bachelor franchise lead. It is so refreshing to watch this show. Oh - I was really expecting her to call Jeremiah in for a talk, but maybe she is feeling a little fragile and will let it simmer a bit.
    kateb likes this.

+ Reply to Thread