+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

FORT sun

Re: Sweet Home Alabama - CMT

Shaun's horse was starved to death. Oh, that was so sad. Being a horse owner and horse lover myself, I do remember having to put a horse down. But THAT! So sad.
    Everybody on both sides loved David from Chicago. He must've been a good guy. He was in such a rush for her to know him. He forgot to get to know her! Good luck Dave.
    Loved the paintball outing. Of course, no one wanted to shoot Paige.
    I'm not surprised by NY Shaun being an elitist. Some people just believe such stupid ideas about rural life and rural people. Wonder why he even bothered to do the show?
    He's so afraid of going outside his comfort zone. Poor little darling.
    Jeremiah will be taking Paige on a 6500 JD combine? I think that's what the preview was? Good show.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

It was just so, so sad when Shaun said that he felt Credit Card must have been wondering where he was and why he didn't come feed him

I still don't get the impression that Shaun and Paige are that much different in age and maturity. She carries herself well, but when she was playing around with Shaun with the haybales and when they talk with each other, I just get the impression that they are on the same level. They certainly connected romantically. I guess it depends on what she is looking for... Bubba and Jeremiah will take care of her... but if she's looking for someone that she can be 22 with and completely have fun, that could be Shaun. I loved it when the big country guy (forget his name) said that even if she doesn't feel for him, he hopes she will keep him around just so he can take care of her and give her the truth on the other guys. What a sweetheart.

I wasn't impressed with David from the beginning and I expect the others liked him ok because partially they didn't really see him as a threat. That said, he blew that date so bad! I felt kind of sorry for him, because he did show a sweet side even though he was all talk in his confessionals.

Shaun B(ig)egos can certainly leave anytime. That voice! Grates on me so bad.

I kind of liked murse boy. But, if she didn't feel it, she didn't feel it.

I'm looking forward to the next episode... this is so much better than the Bachelor!

FORT Fan

This show is on CMT but I noticed that every city guy they've picked are total douches, after living in 3 big cities I've never dated anyone like these men, it seems very slanted towards picking nice gentlemenly country men and the biggest a holes they could find in the city.

FORT sun

It seems CMT isn't airing anything but SPEED. what the hay? this is friday?

It was listed on my cable, but I forgot to tape it so I watched this morning on CMT.com. It is episode 303.

Bigoted NY Sean also displays his bullying side this episode, while Cowboy Sean remains as sweet as ever. Jeremiah was nervous about his date and almost forgot his deo and brushing his teeth. He melted when Paige showed up in a flowing white skirt. They sat close together in the combine but he couldn't talk much as he had to concentrate on running the controls while they harvested a soy bean field. He did take a given kiss at the end. All I can say is that he is an all-encompassing hugger.

Jeremiah was her second date, her first with Jersey Zazzo. Rather than almost forgetting his deo, he shaved his forehead to get ready. She took him for a bicycle ride to a cotton field where she explained that this is where his clothes started. They had a picnic and a kiss - where he told the camera he got the first kiss....No, but hey...

The camping group date was divided into city and country with everything you need in a crate - including a tent, chairs and fishing poles. Oh, and recently killed chickens to cook on the fire. As expected, the country boys were right at home with Bubba directing the tent erection and Cowboy Sean catching the first fish. The city boys took awhile to figure it out, but everyone freaked out over having to pluck a chicken, except the singer from PA (can't remember his name.) Anyway, Paige took pity and showed them how to remove the skin with a knife and the feathers come off with it. When it came time to eat, she was hesitant about the city boys' food, but it tasted all right. When she joined country, Jeremiah led them in a blessing first, which Paige appreciated. Later, she invited PA boy who writes and sings songs to join her and he sang her the song he wrote for her.

Going home was the model/actor from LA because she wasn't attracted to him. He told the guys that was a first. Then the bullrider from Alabama went home for country.

Once my DVR hits 5 days before air time and goes from TBA to program name, I have to remember to set it to record.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT sun

Thank you, Arielflies for the recap. I'm hoping I can get the repeat, because I wanted to remind myself what a big combine looks like. Also, I was cheering for Jeremiah.

As I wrote in my first sentence, CMT.com carries the full episodes. If you particularly want to see the combine date, you might try YouTube. On show days, Friday, CMT airs it at 9PM (which is already too full for me) and 11PM, which is what I try to tape.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    The city boys took awhile to figure it out, but everyone freaked out over having to pluck a chicken, except the singer from PA (can't remember his name.)
    PA boy (Dustin) is one of the city guys I find really likeable. I agree with diamonds78 that most of the city guys are duds, but Dustin is a true exception I think. He's sweet and she is kind of gaga about his serenading I think.

Nice synopsis-- thanks Arielflies!

I can't stand Sean Big(eg)os either but Todd D gets on my nerves just as much. First of all, why berate Jeremiah for his choice of date? If you think it's weak, it's not being smart competitively to tell him to step it up. Secondly, I felt it was just the right thing for Jeremiah to do. Jeremiah wanted her to understand that this is what he does and for her to know it's not going to change. He's not in it just to win it and good for him. (Having spent 12-14 hours a day on a tractor for days on end when I was young, I also understand the fulfillment of a fantasy to have someone hot join you out there in the fields. Imagine, up and down a field for hours on end with nothing to distract you but music, and suddenly, there's a hot guy walking towards you and joining you. Sure would kill the boredom, to understate it... that hot guy could look just like Jeremiah too, that would be fine. )

Also regarding Todd D: I hate his ridiculous beard. I knew instantly he has it to cover a weak chin. It almost draws more attention to his weak chin then if he didn't have the beard at all. I almost hope he gets a date and bombs. His confidence is beyond reason considering what an ass he is and unattractive as well.

So far, I think the real competition is still coming. Donny and Bubba come to mind. It's interesting though, because she really seems to have a thing for guys with brown eyes, so we'll see. I can understand why Marcello was surprised she didn't find him attractive... but those light blue eyes, phew.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    PA boy (Dustin) is one of the city guys I find really likeable.

(snipped)

Also regarding Todd D: I hate his ridiculous beard. I knew instantly he has it to cover a weak chin. It almost draws more attention to his weak chin then if he didn't have the beard at all. I almost hope he gets a date and bombs. His confidence is beyond reason considering what an ass he is and unattractive as well.

So far, I think the real competition is still coming. Donny and Bubba come to mind. It's interesting though, because she really seems to have a thing for guys with brown eyes, so we'll see. I can understand why Marcello was surprised she didn't find him attractive... but those light blue eyes, phew.
    I'm so glad someone else noticed the pokey hair covering Todd's weak chin. I think you are right in that we're starting to see some key interactions.

Game. Set. Match. Bubba's her man.

+ Reply to Thread