+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 116 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Kiz

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Link to the very interesting lawsuit filed by Kelly, Brook and Paige against Abby and the production company. Lots of tidbits about the inner workings of the show, at least according to Kelly's attorneys.

If you scroll to near the end, there's a copy of their season 3 contract.

http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-...0215022006.pdf
    Photobabe and sunnydayz like this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Link to the very interesting lawsuit filed by Kelly, Brook and Paige against Abby and the production company. Lots of tidbits about the inner workings of the show, at least according to Kelly's attorneys.

I was just reading this WOW! If what is stated about Nia is even remotely true this show just needs to go far far away. I wonder why this lawsuit was filed in California since the incident happened in NY, they all live in Pennsylvania & the producers of the show are based in Delaware.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Snow Bunny, I think the suit was filed in CA because the defendant with the deepest pockets is Collins Entertainment and they are headquartered in CA.

After reading through all that I have come to one sure and certain conclusion. If you, or anyone you love, is asked to be a part of an ongoing reality program, run don't walk, as far away as possible!
    GabbyG likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Snow Bunny, I think the suit was filed in CA because the defendant with the deepest pockets is Collins Entertainment and they are headquartered in CA.

After reading through all that I have come to one sure and certain conclusion. If you, or anyone you love, is asked to be a part of an ongoing reality program, run don't walk, as far away as possible!
    I agree 100%. Personally I am totally boring so no one would want to film me. I love my family and friends, I pay my bills, work a normal jobs & don't cheat on my husband not that I have one.

I just wonder whether or not the $7,000 per episode, $3,500 clothing allowance & $300 babysitting fee were worth it in the end. It seemed like every season these women had the choice to opt-out & leave the show.

I just don't get why Kelly would have taken her daughters to ALDC after she herself was a student of Abby's and it was a terrible experience for her so why inflict that on your children. Kelly said in the lawsuit she signed-up Brooke at age 3. She was 16 & Paige 13 when the incident happened. I also firmly believe editing wanted to show Kelly as the aggressive one & poor, poor Abby as the helpless victim of this vicious attack. Abby started it with her biting actions IMHO.

I do firmly believe that the main issue between Kelly & Abby is that Kelly did not want Abby to represent Brooke & Paige in their future career whatever they may be. It seems Abby needs her hands in every aspect. Perhaps Abby is jealous that Kelly has the family she will never have.

I could have sworn I read Collins Productions was headquartered in DE but heck it was late when I read the lawsuit.

I really just hope this lawsuit, Abby Lee & Dance Mom just goes away. I won't be watching this show any further.
    GabbyG and sparklete like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

OK. did anyone see Abby trying to bite Kelly? Gonna see if I can find a rerun.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If Abby had really wanted to bite Kelly, she could have. I think she was just gesticulating toward her, like when you play with a baby or small child. Kelly got carried away.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I agree 100%. Personally I am totally boring so no one would want to film me. I love my family and friends, I pay my bills, work a normal jobs & don't cheat on my husband not that I have one.

I just wonder whether or not the $7,000 per episode, $3,500 clothing allowance & $300 babysitting fee were worth it in the end. It seemed like every season these women had the choice to opt-out & leave the show.

I just don't get why Kelly would have taken her daughters to ALDC after she herself was a student of Abby's and it was a terrible experience for her so why inflict that on your children. Kelly said in the lawsuit she signed-up Brooke at age 3. She was 16 & Paige 13 when the incident happened. I also firmly believe editing wanted to show Kelly as the aggressive one & poor, poor Abby as the helpless victim of this vicious attack. Abby started it with her biting actions IMHO.

I do firmly believe that the main issue between Kelly & Abby is that Kelly did not want Abby to represent Brooke & Paige in their future career whatever they may be. It seems Abby needs her hands in every aspect. Perhaps Abby is jealous that Kelly has the family she will never have.

I could have sworn I read Collins Productions was headquartered in DE but heck it was late when I read the lawsuit.

I really just hope this lawsuit, Abby Lee & Dance Mom just goes away. I won't be watching this show any further.
    Regarding the bold. Collins is incorporated in DE but La.CA is it's primary place of business.

I do wonder why Kelly and the other mom's kept resigning for another season after knowing how manipulative and controlling Collins, the producers and Abby are.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

This just seems like it was bound to happen given the abusive, tortured way Abby has treated these girls. It has to effect the girls eventually, and Paige seems to be the first and most obvious one to suffer outside the show, if what's written in this lawsuit is true.

While I could care less what happens with the charges against Kelly or Kelly's lawsuit, I hope the end result is that this show goes off the air forever. That would be a fitting end to this horrible debacle of a show.
    PA Snow Bunny and Kiz like this.

Kiz

I finally had time to watch the episode last night, and I was wow'ed by Abby. Her obnoxious behavior toward the moms, and sadly the girls, reached new lows. I've often on the fence about how much the show is faux-ality and how much is real. On another web site I read, people would list the scores from the competitions, and Brook had solos where she scored 1st place in her division, which is never even hinted at on the show. McKenzie, with her hurt foot that kept her off of the show competition leaving an opening for Asia, was actually dancing those same weekends in other competitions with ALDC (just to name a couple). So, I hoped that much of the drama between Abby and the girls was just as fake. After reading the lawsuit, and then watching this episode, I'm speechless. It was obvious throughout the show that Kelly wanted out. She deadpanned time and again, "Just Replace Us".

Abby doesn't teach the girls the audition routine as she did when she took Maddie. She tells the moms and girls that she's embarrassed that the girls are wearing her studio's name at the audition. Remember when she was mad at Chloe (well, probably she was mad at Christy) and she wouldn't say Chloe's name the entire week? That is psychological/pathological abuse, at least in my opinion. And that's just to name a couple of the multitude of instances.

There's no way that the production company will want to see this case go to court. It could be the ultimate tell all. Abby was going bankrupt before this show started, and I hope she remembers two things. She's replaceable (as soon as the ratings slip, Lifetime will fill her slot) and to save her tears for her pillow.

A couple of things that stood out in the lawsuit. One was that one of the choreographers that was hired to teach the girls was a pedophile (that was scary). The other was that Kelly's dad and sister had operated a dance studio just a few minutes from Abby's when Kelly was in high school. According to the document, they had more students. That addition was to show that Abby had years of resentment built up against Kelly and/or was a public zinger. The lawsuit was written for the audience as much as anything.

I know Abby has her side, but I've seen enough of how she treats those girls on the show, that I really don't give a flip about it. Kelly has a mouth on her to be sure, but she's minor league compared to Abby because so much of the time, Abby's vindictiveness is taken out on the girls.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I honestly don't know how much of this is real, how much is scripted or edited. All I can say is IMHO Abby Lee has some deep seated resentment/anger issues. That can only be edited away so much. I quite frankly think she is resentful of Kelly. Kelly has 2 beautiful, talented daughters and a supportive husband. Paige has looked miserable this year. Do you all remember when Brooke quit dance for cheerleading...bet she had to quit cheerleading because of this contract & yep I bet she is resentful.
    Abby has no one in her life other than her very ill mother. I am positive Abby wants to move to LA where she thinks her popularity from this show will make her a superstar but she can't move due to her mom's illness. I am positive she is super stressed out there. I get it, I have an 89 year old mom, but I am not nasty! Abby was super close to Melissa until Melissa got married & didn't have time for Abby. I worry about the closeness Abby has to Maddie, I really do since Abby apparently hired a someone who is a child abuser.
    All of thos girls have looked miserable this past season. I just wish this show & Abby would just GO AWAY!
    GabbyG and StaticFlow like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread