+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 114 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

We knew the Abby/Kelli fight was coming. I generally mute the adults and just watch the kids dance, so I don't think I'll be able to stand watching the "brawl." Why can't the grown-ups act like adults?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So last night's fight was a non event in my opinion, except for Abby's over-the-top reaction, in my opinion. Kelly was in the wrong, but (as I saw the fight) Abby started it by the finger in the face and then the chomping when Kelly reacted with her finger. Also, and I'd like to hear what you all have to say, but it sounded to me like the slap sound was a sound effect and not an actual slap, because Kelly's hand was about an inch from Abby's face.

My disgust for the way Abby operates her business and treats those girls is growing minute-by-minute and if Abby is such a great teacher, why are her student as bad as she keeps telling them and us that they are.

Finally (and unfortunately), the mom drama affected the relationships of the girls. Poor Maddie. I thought it was pretty clear from the edit that Abby didn't tell Melissa or Maddie that the duet was happening at that second competition until pretty late. Melissa even asked if they could just perform without being judged. It sucks that Christie had to call out Maddie - a little kid - and call her a liar. Not fair at all. They should all know how Abby operates by now. It's a shame that Abby's behavior is hurting Maddie's relationships with her friends. Maddie was obviously hurt about Chloe maybe not being her friend.

So, does "assault" and a restraining order get Kellie and her girls out of the contract with the show?
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I found the whole episode so crazy! Christie is still just as bitchy as usual, and funny how she is the one that keeps involving the girls in to the adult chaos. None of the other moms do that. I did feel horribly for Maddie during that whole exchange about Chloe apparently no longer being her friend. I can't stand Christie. She's the worst of the lot.

Kelly - man she's nuts! I agree that I don't like how Abby treats Paige and Brook. She seems the meanest to those two by far. But what went down lies soley on Kelly. It's one of those rules that you learn in school. Someone can verbally taunt you, but if you are the first one to take it to a physical level, then you are the one that gets in the biggest trouble. Kelly did slap Abby by the way. Her hair moved from the contact (well so did her face lol) and then there was the hair grabbing. According to Abby her face was scratched during the altercation.

I'd be shocked to see Kelly and her girls back on the show after that. I need to go check out the FB page and see where the viewers are lining up regarding this. I bet it will be interesting lol
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I just had to stop watching this show because I hate anything that involves children however I curosity got the better of me so I watched this episode. It seemed to me that Kelly & her daughters really didn't want to be a part of ALDC any longer but I guess are/were under contract to continue. Abby started the entire "fight" & sorry but I thought it childish of her to call the police & file assault charges. Holding ice on top of her head where she clearly was not touched.
    Abby Miller has constantly undermined her students with the exception of Maddie since season 1. It seems fairly clear that Abby is going to build her "super team" & plans to move to Los Angles with Maddie in tow. Let's face it Pittsburg is not exactly an entertainment center.
    Whatever won't be watching again.
    mom2 and GabbyG like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I am not defending Abby whatsoever, she's a horrible person. But, she was holding ice to her head because Kelly pulled her hair.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

5th grade teacher weighing in here: both adults were at fault. Abby was just as threatening with her finger in Kelly's face and insane biting motions. Kelly responded by physical touch and is also at fault. For a 40ish year old adult to then call the police afterward is childish and overly dramatic. Here's hoping the judge in this case watches this episode and reprimands Both of them for being outrageous. Neither one is an innocent victim.
    GabbyG, Allie, mesachick and 2 others like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kiz

Good Grief. Now Kelly is suing Abby for 5 million dollars. I only saw the clips of the argument that were posted on line, and frankly I couldn't care less about the adults, but it's disgusting that these women pull these stunts in front of their children.

In the article, Kelly said that the producers drover her away from the fight and put her on a plane. I was wondering who was driving Kelly. He looked like a teenager, but I only got a quick glimpse of him.

'Dance Moms' Star Sues -- Abby Lee Miller is a 300 lb. Beast Who Tried to Bite Me | TMZ.com
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I really wish that these poor girls - ALL of them - could get away from the drama of Abby and most of the moms (Nia's excluded - Holly).

Seriously, you don't fight like cats and dogs when you don't have your way on a dance program. This is shameful all sides.
    mom2 and Kiz like this.

I just watched the episode and was appalled at the behavior of both women. I think both were inappropriately expressing long pent up emotions. Abby started with the finger in the face and Kelly pulled hair. I watched that scene several times and I doubt Kelly made contact with the slap. If she did, it was light contact. There was no mark or red area on Abby's face. What an awful thing for the girls to witness. When this goes to court, I hope the judge throws the whole thing out. Of course, once the criminal trial is over there is the civil trial where Kelly is suing for 5 million dollars.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread