+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Bearing in mind TMZ makes a living being a gossip tabloid... I will say though that in this case they may have a valid incident they're reporting.

Out of all of them, Kelly seems to be the one mom who's got serious ego issues when it comes to her daughters... and the daughters aren't acting anything like the mom.

If she's the one who's really been causing the drama and Abby wanted her out... if this is indeed true, they have grounds to get rid of her and Lifetime to remove her contract (with or without penalty I think depending on how Kelly acts about it).

Of note, I think this season's commercial with the "Take on Me" parody was MUCH better than last year's. It was cute, they did an excellent job on the animating and I liked the twist of the song at the end (as far as video). There ARE more kids in it though, leading me to think there are some changes indeed coming.

TMZ is pretty accurate quite a lot of the time, actually. Heck, even The National Enquirer has broken some major stories.

I hated the season promos. I think I'm the only person who hated that song and the video back in the day.

Clearly, the show is filming WAY ahead if Kelly's arrest happened in November. I don't think there's any way Lifetime wouldn't capitalize on THAT drama.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watching this show, as Abby is awaiting her mother's death, is breaking my heart. The girls, and their mothers (for the most part) are being fabulous. It's hard to watch, especially if you have been down the road that Abby is going down and is about to travel down.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I felt so bad for Abby It was a beautiful number, but I didn't think it was fair for her to put all that pressure on the girls. It felt a bit like, "This is a tribute to the ENTIRE life of my mother, so you have to be perfect or it means you don't care about her." They're kids. Give 'em a break.

Stuffed Broadway Baby was super creepy. I've had pets I loved, but I think having them stuffed and around my house would be really depressing.....not to mention REALLY upsetting for my other
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I must have seen a different episode? The one I watched didn't have anything to do with Abby's mother. She was starting to audition girls to join the team. Payton hurt herself. Next week shows another show down with the Rotten Apples.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

If the Rotten Apples are on I turn the show off. This battle between Abby & Kathy is getting old.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I must have seen a different episode? The one I watched didn't have anything to do with Abby's mother. She was starting to audition girls to join the team. Payton hurt herself. Next week shows another show down with the Rotten Apples.
    Before the audition show, the dancers a show showing their involvement in a cancer benefit. Abby's mother is in stage 4 of colon cancer, and her mother's doctors didn't think it was a good idea for her to leave town. I do believe the benefit was in August and, as of yesterday, Abby's mother is still alive and hanging in there.

Abby made a $5,000 donation.

Abby's kids were dancing for Mrs. Miller, and it seemed to mean a lot to them.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-16-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for clarifying
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Yep, just like I thought. The Lifetime cameras are all over this assault thing:
    'Dance Moms' Stars -- BLOCKED from Tweeting at Co-Star ... Following Alleged Attack | TMZ.com

As much as I hate to say it, I actually agreed with Cathy in her assessment of Kendall: ALWAYS too slow. She never seems to dance full out. She's sluggish. Do I think it was appropriate for Cathy to say those things while Kendall was dancing and while she was sitting behind Kendall's mom? Nope, but she's never had manners.

The thing that Cathy doesn't understand is that her groups keep losing because she's using kids who aren't used to dancing together. That number this week was a bunch of solos; it wasn't a group of dancers dancing together. Abby's girls danced as one. They were excellent. Cathy's kids are good dancers, but the choreographers stink AND you can't create a cohesive group in a matter of days.

Cathy blaming her loss on anything other than her own failures = bad loser. I just felt embarrassed for her.
    GabbyG and mesachick like this.

+ Reply to Thread