+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 122 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Like Tree815Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

We are only occasional viewers of the show at my house, but I have never quite been able to figure out if the moms are in an area where they can actually see rehearsals and regular practices. When my girls danced, there was one studio with one-way glass so the parents could see in but the kids couldn't see out. At the other two, parents were not allowed anywhere near the actual room. The instructors said that parents being in view of the dancers was distracting (which I agreed with). When they were little, there was a "parent viewing day" when we were allowed in for a few minutes to see what the kids were learning, otherwise we didn't see them dance except for recitals and competitions. Now I have no idea what the norm is elsewhere, but these studios were in three different Canadian provinces so I assumed this is the usual experience.

(Honestly, for me watching practice is like watching paint dry. My girls are in different activities now - one is a figure skater and one is a soccer player - and while I am happy and proud to go to competitions and games, watching them practice is extremely boring. Besides, it's their activity, not mine. I support their choices completely, emotionally and financially but I don't need to hover constantly.)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Tilden, unless I only I only had one hour-long class, my mom didn't stay. Some studios don't have that much observation space AND it's boring. I usually got dropped off and picked up because I was often at the studio for hours every night.
    And this! My skater spends about 15 hours a week on the ice. Who has that kind of time to sit around?
    I noticed the "Cheer Perfection" moms actually sit in the gymnasium. Yikes.
    Last edited by AJane; 09-15-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think it is obvious that Abbi couldn't risk Chloe beating Maddie out again this year so she used Christi and Leslie's altercation to dismiss the reigning nat'l champ instead of just banning the moms. Peyton was only there to ensure Brooke didn't get a solo; thanks Leslie, mission accomplished. I think the only question was between Nia and Kendall. Maddie and Mackenzie were always gonna solo.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lucky for Kenzie that Asia is gone!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Our son is in the school band, he is also in a marching performing band out in the community and on two different golf teams. I can guarantee that at any of those activities that if the parents behaved the way these mom do? Our son would not be welcomed back. I think Abby did the right thing. Those moms needed to go for getting into a fight and the students with them.

Also, I would have been very irritated with my child if she had acted the way Mackenzie acted. If I knew the amount of money I had spent, the time, and the fact that she was always improvising elsewhere? I would have lost my temper. I'm not going to fault her for snapping, it made me uncomfortable seeing it and I hope I would have behaved better if I was in that position. However, I understand her frustration.

Chloe does not take lessons anymore, neither do Paige or Brooke. It's pretty well documented that they are only at the studio to do the show. Chloe is not the same dancer she was last year and that's because she stopped taking classes. Nia and Kendal have improved, they still take classes and it shows.

I think Abby did Chloe a favor pulling her routine, she would have lost in a big way because she just is not the same caliber of dancer she once was.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I do think this show is done.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I do think this show is done.
    I agree. It has become incredibly scripted, even the "competitions" are no longer the standard dance competitions that regular studios around the country participate in. They are competitions sponsored by aldc with only invited local studios as other dancers. I doubt Chloe or Peyton were too upset because these girls know that the show is scripted and that the "national title" is only from aldc so they aren't necessarily reigning champs as Abby likes to remind them all the time. I'm not sure they can come up with enough story lines for another season. As it is many of the dancers are phoning it in now anyway.
    Kiz likes this.

I can't stand Abby, cannot stand her. With the kids they are losing and those who will be remaining, I doubt I'll tune in next season.

I would much rather see other teams dance instead of angry moms. But I still adore Nia.
    bearwme1 likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I watched the Christmas special last night and it was horrible. Abby makes me sick and every time she started talking I fast forwarded. She must be a miserable person, because she is sure filled with hate. The only good thing was that her hair was horrible, simply horrible.

Plus Cathy was there and had her senior dancers. I'm not a dancer, but I thought they were not good. Maybe they were good and I don't know what I'm talking about.
    mom2 and PA Snow Bunny like this.

The only quality adult on that show is Holly, imo.

Abby played favorites with Maddy getting an extra $5000 gift certificate. Not surprised.

Cathy couldn't choreograph her way to the parking lot. And she knows it. Please stop cramming her down the remaining viewers' throats. Nothing but a waste of film.

Good to see the dads but Abby wasted their time griping about a dad that wasn't even there. Love Nia's family. She looks like her daddy, in a pretty way.
    GabbyG and PA Snow Bunny like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread