+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

I haven't seen the picture, but I must say that I wish we ALL were so comfortable with the way we looked. Few of us are. Maybe if more of us were, there wouldn't be so many bulimics and anorexics. I'm not happy with the way I look, either, but it is what it is.
    mom2 and beerbelly like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So because somebody is overweight, they should never go to the beach? Never go into the water? I don't agree with that. They should wear a suit that is as flattering as possible but they shouldn't let their weight stop them from doing something. Abby has every right to be on the beach as somebody who is skinny.

I'm not impressed that this rag mag chose to mock her weight, there is enough of that from the mothers on this show. I think it's low blows and the moms need to get some new ammunition.
    prhoshay, candor, mom2 and 2 others like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I wish the moms would see that when they berate Abbi for her weight, it only reveals the ugly inside themselves. If that's all you got then you aint got nothing.
    I do believe Abbi takes things out on the girls that they have no control over and that is vile. However, the moms should target that in their screeching matches and leave the personal stuff out.
    Same for Cathy, be the bigger person and keep your mouth shut and let her be the only one with a nasty personality. Stop going to each other's dressing rooms for goodness sake. And if it's the show that makes them do that, model good sportsmanship for the kids. No sarcasm or put-downs allowed or tolerated by your own team.
    I think it's the lack of sportsmanship that drives me over the edge.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Kiz

From the magazine that will feature Maddie in their Nov issue.

Last night’s “Dance Moms” episode featured a very special guest: Dance Spirit! So instead of our usual recaps, I’m going to give you a rundown of five things you didn’t see on TV—but I did.
    True Life: I Was On "Dance Moms" | Dance Spirit

Most interesting to me was Melissa wasn't aware Jill was dropping by during Maddie's breakfast photo shoot:

2. Those plot twists are planned—but not everyone is in on them. When Jill came for a “surprise” visit to our photo shoot? The only one who was shocked was Melissa. Jill and Kendall were waiting outside the house for more than an hour before entering, hanging out with the crew. The producers had cooked up the whole thing. And yes, even I knew it was coming.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Well my heart was broken for Chloe and Peyton who didn't get to dance in Nationals. For us as viewers not to see the kids being told, I'm guessing they were hysterical. Leslie and Christie should be ashamed of their behavior.

AND I am still confused why Cathy and Vivi are still in the intro at the beginning of each epi. It's silly. When is the last time we saw Vivi even dance? Anytime she's on the show, she's an accessory to Cathy like a purse.
    mom2 and Minney like this.

If there is another season, please redo the intro and only include aldc dance team members. I am over watching cathy bring in all kinds of big names to choreograph and losing to abbi most of the time. Tired of cathy, christie, and kelli's mouth. I just wonder which of the girls will return. The only classy one there is Holly. Love the girls, all of them, but hoping christi and kelli either zip it with others or are banned from contact with the studio. Hope abbi realizes that the kinder persona is more socially acceptable. Not holding my breath on any of these.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Well my heart was broken for Chloe and Peyton who didn't get to dance in Nationals. For us as viewers not to see the kids being told, I'm guessing they were hysterical. Leslie and Christie should be ashamed of their behavior.
    It was cruel of Abby to cut Chloe and Peyton, since they cannot control their mothers' behavior. It was especially nasty to do that to Chloe, who would have been returning national champion. Could she have defended her title against Maddy this year? I have no idea, because we never saw her dance. But it was mean-spirited not to allow her to try, and it also could cast doubt in others' minds about why Abby did it (ie. was she just trying to make sure that Maddy couldn't possibly come in second to Chloe this year?). Even if that's not true, Abby's actions allow that doubt to creep into the minds of others, which isn't fair to either girl. Let them dance against each other and let the chips fall where they may.

In addition, cutting two girls from the group number at the last minute could have wreaked havoc on the nerves of the remaining girls, as they very well know that Abby expects them to win, no matter what.

I felt sorry for Mackenzie too, as she was in Asia's shadow for the majority of the season and was suddenly supposed to come up with a last minute win at nationals when Asia and her mother departed. Under those circumstances, under any circumstances, a second place is pretty darn good. But Abby made sure that it was clear that if she had won, they would have had a clean sweep.

On an unrelated noted, I didn't quite understand why Maddy was dressed as an angel for "Amazing Grace," when the song lyrics are about how miraculous it is that Christ would save "a wretch like me." It's not a song about the afterlife until the final verse, and even then, it's not about someone who's now an "angel" but who is anticipating what might happen when he/she goes to heaven. I thought they could have just dumped the suggestion of the wings on the costume, and it would have been fine.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    If there is another season, please redo the intro and only include aldc dance team members. I am over watching cathy bring in all kinds of big names to choreograph and losing to abbi most of the time. Tired of cathy, christie, and kelli's mouth. I just wonder which of the girls will return. The only classy one there is Holly. Love the girls, all of them, but hoping christi and kelli either zip it with others or are banned from contact with the studio. Hope abbi realizes that the kinder persona is more socially acceptable. Not holding my breath on any of these.
    Can someone who did dance or does dance verify whether the mothers are always there? I wasn't involved in dance, but I was involved in music and dance--though purely at the local level--and my mother never showed up for auditions or rehearsals. Nobody's mother did, unless they were involved in some way (e.g. choir accompanist, costume mistress etc.). I could see checking in once in a while, or being there if the children were very small, as apparently there are pre-schooler classes too, but all the time? It seems like the girls might have an easier time with Abby if the moms weren't there.

And yes, I agree about poor Vivi. Even when she was in the dance numbers, she seemed more like a prop than a dancer, and now she literally is nothing but an accessory for Cathy, who keeps trying to claim she's her advisor/confidante/whatever. Why doesn't she just let her be her daughter and let her find her own way? Maybe dance isn't her thing, but that doesn't mean something else might not be. There are lots of extra-curricular activities she might try other than dance, and they might be easier for her, simply because she wouldn't have to be doing them under the tutelage of her mother, as that often creates pressure for kids.

Tilden, unless I only I only had one hour-long class, my mom didn't stay. Some studios don't have that much observation space AND it's boring. I usually got dropped off and picked up because I was often at the studio for hours every night.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread