+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 115 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Like Tree756Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

FORT Fan

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Per her twitter, Kelly and daughters are stuck bc of their contract thru season 6.

Something was strange about Abby's disappearances. First, it was because of her mom. Then because of Kelly, and she gave a third reason that I can't remember. Do you think she was feuding with producers?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Kiz

There's so much deception on this show, it's hardly reality TV in the loosest of definitions. With that in mind, I wonder how often Abby has nurtured those girls that we never see on air. She was downright motherly to Paige, letting her know that her stage freeze was already forgotten. I think she had some other kind words for her as well, and Abby also seemed on the verge of tears during Kelly's rant. I think it's all about viewer manipulation, and I suppose by watching the show, I've agreed to play along. Frankly, I hope she's not the tyrant she's been protrayed as being. The only dance mom I can stomach is Holly. I used to like seeing Kelly and Christi, but they've both gotten on my last nerve now. Jill has actually gotten better.
    cavendish likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Something was strange about Abby's disappearances. First, it was because of her mom. Then because of Kelly, and she gave a third reason that I can't remember. Do you think she was feuding with producers?
    Wasn't Abby off, across the country, filming her other show? That should be starting up before too long.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Paige is looking pretty bad too - she is way too skinny! Poor girl
    By the looks of things, she's hit a huge growth spurt. She's MUCH taller than she was a year ago. I'm sure she'll fill out a bit.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate that her affect is just so dull and so flat....but, at her station in life, that is not really a surprise. These can be hard years to weather. Can come with the territory.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    By the looks of things, she's hit a huge growth spurt. She's MUCH taller than she was a year ago. I'm sure she'll fill out a bit.
    Good I sure hope so. She does look a lot taller for sure. I thought maybe all the anxiety she's having is causing her to lose weight. That's what happened to me when I suffered a few attacks after my Dad passed away.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I just don't think Abby is so bad as everyone, particularly Kelly and BFF Christie keep telling their daughters, themselves, Abby, the other moms, and everyone else who will listen-- ad nauseam.

As far as I can tell Kelly is the really toxic one here, and is trying to resolve whatever old issues she has with Abby by terrorizing her kids, telling them (and us) constantly that Abby is treating them horribly, and turning them against Abby, treating Abby with total disrespect and disregard-- and then crying desperately when Abby doesn't appreciate it. --And frnakly I just don't see it.

Abby is tough-- but the fact is the dance world is worse than Abby-- and if you want to be a dancer, you need to be prepared-- and to be honest, I think there's a kind caring side to Abby that comes out in her teaching. Yes she wants to win-- but I never see her throw the dancers under the bus- and what she does seems to be thought through, and basically to be out of her view of their best interests, which is more than I can say for the Moms.

Paige is terrified of Abby because her mother tells her to be scared. Kelly had no business screaming at the other girls and basically saying they were idiots for putting up with Abby. Who does that? I would have gone off on her for that alone.

I will never blame Abby for what is going on with those girls. I blame their mothers. They put them in that situation and Kelly even said that she leaves her girls there because of the "opportunities". SHE is willing to completely destroy her girls just so she can be famous (it's not about her girls and she's an idiot if she thinks anybody believes her when she claims it is). If she truly cared about her daughters? She would find a way to break that contract and not be so concerned about her own fame.

I cannot stand Kelly/Old Christi. I want them gone.

I think this show would be more enjoyable without them.

Bottom line for me is that Kelly/Christi and their girls just want to be famous. I've read over and over and Abby has said on this show that NONE of those three girls go to classes anymore. They can't be bothered. I think Abby is just frustrated and perhaps even hurt that they are throwing away their talent. It's is very clear that Paige, Brooke, and Chloe are not on the same level as the other girls. Nia and Kendal have improved leaps and bounds over them, they go to classes. I think the main reason Abby is so upset is because she knows those three girls and their mothers are only there for the show and not to dance.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I watched one episode at the beginning and that was it for me.

However, while in line at the grocery store last night, I picked up an issue of The National Enquirer to look at. (I confess: I don't buy them, I just look while waiting to check out.) There was a picture of Abby inside in a bathing suit. I wish there was an "undo" button on the connection between our eyes and our brains.

I don't look good in a bathing suit. That's why I never go to the beach, and I don't hang out at the pool on cruise ships. I have too much concern for humanity to inflict that vision on the world. I wish Abby felt the same.

+ Reply to Thread