+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Re: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Have you guys seen the description for this weeks show? It just showed up on my DVR (for some reason the description wasn't there before) and it's all Cathy. The entire description is about her and the Rotten Apples. I've already removed this week from my DVR.

I refuse to watch that bitter old hag and her horrible studio. They are trying to force her onto us and I'm not buying it. She actually makes me like Abby!
    mom2 likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Nah, I was goofing around because on the show Abby only talked about her ability to do an insane amount of spins. Her name is Sophia Lucia and she's a very talented dancer. She, evidently was on AGT in 2011 and didn't advance and her bio doesn't mention this year so not sure what that means.
    She was also on Dancing with the Stars.

Her Dance Mom sure does know how to market her. What's next ... SYTYCD?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    She was also on Dancing with the Stars.

Her Dance Mom sure does know how to market her. What's next ... SYTYCD?
    You should read some of the comments that real dance moms have to make about her. I like to lurk at dancer forums, great insight into some of my favorite shows (Dance Moms, SYTYCD, DWTS). I always get giggles out of the comments these moms make about DM.

They also post spoilers and complete clips of the dances along with the actual results of the competitions. It's just fascinating comparing the truth to what is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    You should read some of the comments that real dance moms have to make about her. I like to lurk at dancer forums, great insight into some of my favorite shows (Dance Moms, SYTYCD, DWTS). I always get giggles out of the comments these moms make about DM.

They also post spoilers and complete clips of the dances along with the actual results of the competitions. It's just fascinating comparing the truth to what is shown.
    Please please please share the URLs with me :-)
    mom2 likes this.

Via PM only
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Via PM only
    Yep, already did that. LOL
    GabbyG likes this.

FORT Fogey

Is Lifetime anticipating a spin off show with Kathy and the Candy Apples? Is that why they're being featured so heavily for two episodes in a row? Or are they trying to find a replacement if Abby decides to opt out of another season to move on to other projects? It certainly wouldn't surprise me if some of the moms/daughters were looking to leave once their contracts with Lifetime are up. I don't really see Brooke and Paige being intensely interested in dance, which is fine. It's perfectly normal for them to have other interests, especially when so few people really end up having a career in dance. I could see Holly and Nia having had enough as well. I don't think Holly has ever been driven to see Nia as a professional dancer, and she's clearly emphasized education as being important. I think both of them could be just as happy if Nia decided to pursue any number of other interests, maybe even something like theatre, where her dance background would be a plus. I also really hope Chloe gets to move on, though I'm not so sure about that. Unfortunately, I think Lifetime believes having Christy and Abby at each other's throats is good television, but it can't be good for Chloe. Whether or not she ever has a career in dance, she seems like a reasonably nice girl--really, they all do; they're much better behaved than their moms (well, except for Holly, who's generally stayed above the fray, except for a few occasions)--and it would have to be better for her not to be caught in the middle between Abby and her mother.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't understand the point of Vivi being on the show.
    mom2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, from the behind the scenes things I've read, Christi/Chloe were on the way out of the studio for not paying. Kelli and her girls were also no longer part of the studio because they were pursuing modeling and singing. Then they auditioned for the show and were cast.

That is why Abby hates their mothers. She knows they are just there to be on TV and could care less about the dancing.

I've never heard her say a single bad thing about Nia so I think she actually likes her and her mother. She also never says anything bad about Kendal/Jill or Melissa and her girls (other than on TV which is pretty much scripted).

She has said that she resents that Cathy was given her idea (stage dads, a competition team of boys) and that Cathy was allowed to pick her team while she was told who she would have on it.

There are spoilers out there about future competitions and who is still with the team.

FORT Fan

I assume we're getting Cathy and friends because Abby was away in LA filming her ultimate dance competition.

+ Reply to Thread